HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

How many Canadian teams can you make that would contend for a medal?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-27-2012, 02:22 PM
  #26
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 38,662
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungGuns View Post
Team 1

E. Stall

Team 2

J.Stall

M.Staal
Marc is no longer related to Jordan or Eric, I see.

New Sabres Captain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 02:24 PM
  #27
YoungGuns
The Taylor Hall Show
 
YoungGuns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edmonton,Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,682
vCash: 1490
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSwords View Post
Marc is no longer related to Jordan or Eric, I see.
I'm tired ... leave me alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSlater View Post
Pretty good YoungGuns, pretty good indeed. Why not try to make three teams as equal as possible when you get a chance (throwing in Duchene and O'Reilly).
I can try but im not sure who to take out :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSwords View Post
Marc is no longer related to Jordan or Eric, I see.
fixed it for u btw

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungGuns View Post
I can try but im not sure who to take out :/
Team 1

Neal Crosby Stamkos
Toews Giroux Tavares
Lucic Bergeron Nash
Hartnell Benn E. Staal
Iginla

Keith Seabrook
Weber Doughty
Pietrangelo Girardi
Wideman
Del Zotto

Price
Luongo
crawford

Team 2

Getzlaf Thornton Perry
Sharp Spezza B.Richards
Carter M.Richards Duchene
Ladd J.Staal Simmonds
Ribeiro

Phaneuf Letang
Burns M.Staal
Hamhuis Bieksa
Hamonic
white

Ward
Brodeur
Smith

Team 3

Hall RNH Eberle
Kane Seguin Couture
O'Reilly Lecavalier Briere
Marchand Weiss Burrows
Moulson

Campbell Bouwmeester
Subban Vlasic
Coburn Giordano
Daly
Garrison

Fleury
Elliot
Dubnyk


better ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanNuck View Post
I need a new target then, any other country complaining?

Seriously, i had a hard time not to laugh like an idiot in the office, thanks for that @YoungGuns
lol ty


Last edited by ColePens: 05-01-2012 at 11:29 PM.
YoungGuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 07:06 AM
  #28
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick
 
KEEROLE Vatanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 18,205
vCash: 500
just like 2006, when Canada finished 6th and the world told everyone Canada had 3 teams that would win gold.....

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 08:51 AM
  #29
JackSlater
Registered User
 
JackSlater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,064
vCash: 500
Three roughly equal teams for 2014, based on projections for 2014.

Team A
Hall Crosby Eberle
Neal Spezza Seguin
Marleau Bergeron O’Reilly
Sharp E. Staal Lecavalier
Carter

Weber Campbell
Seabrook Del Zotto
Burns Vlasic
Cowen

Fleury
Smith
Dubnyk

Team B
Benn Stamkos St. Louis
Kane Getzlaf Perry
J. Staal M. Richards Couturier
Lucic Nugent-Hopkins Couture
Thornton

Pietrangelo Girardi
Doughty Hamhuis
Phaneuf Myers
Bieksa

Price
Elliott
Crawford

Team C
Nash Giroux Duchene
Skinner Tavares Iginla
Ladd Toews Zajac
Hartnell B. Richards Briere
Schenn

Letang M. Staal
Keith Subban
Hamonic Alzner
Bouwmeester

Ward
Luongo
S. Mason


I would say that they would all be gold medal contenders, but really the goaltending needs to pick up. Come on Quebec.

JackSlater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 07:01 PM
  #30
Cuddles
Registered User
 
Cuddles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 49
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungGuns View Post
Team 1

Neal Crosby Stamkos
Toews Giroux Tavares
Lucic Bergeron Nash
Hartnell Benn E. Staal
Iginla

Keith Seabrook
Weber Doughty
Pietrangelo Girardi
Wideman
Del Zotto

Price
Luongo
crawford

Team 2

Marleau Thornton Perry
Sharp Spezza B.Richards
M.Richards Getzlaf Carter
Ladd J.Staal Simmonds
Ribeiro

Phaneuf Letang
Burns M.Staal
Hamhuis Bieksa
Hamonic
white

Ward
Brodeur
Smith

Team 3

Hall RNH Eberle
Kane Seguin Couture
Lupul Lecavalier Briere
Marchand Weiss Burrows
Moulson

Campbell Bouwmeester
Subban Vlasic
Coburn Giordano
Daly
Garrison

Fleury
Elliot
Dubnyk

goaie depth is our only problem but ... suck it
1. and 2. team is really good but the 3. team is definitively worse than Russia, Sweden and USA.

Cuddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 07:15 PM
  #31
Baba Booey
Rookie User
 
Baba Booey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 380
vCash: 500
I thought you team 1 was our 2014 projected roster and was gonna disagree but I guess you spread it aounrd a little.

Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 10:44 PM
  #32
Hammer Time
Registered User
 
Hammer Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanNuck View Post
Summer 2014, i will get my sweet sweet revenge in the Off-Topic thread, lining-up 3 german soccer (or football as the rest of the world likes to call it ) teams
And any of them beatable by the Spaniards.

Hammer Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 12:54 AM
  #33
Spinkis
Registered User
 
Spinkis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,061
vCash: 500
I don't want to sound like a grumpy old man. But why oh mighty Canada can't you start caring about the WC? This is what everybody is talking about, with such a great deapth there won't be a problem to compete in the WC.

Spinkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 03:13 AM
  #34
SittingDuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Hyvinkää
Country: Finland
Posts: 98
vCash: 500
Surprised that Heatley isn't in any of the teams. Oh well he isn't the same 50 goal scorer he used to be

SittingDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 03:21 AM
  #35
Parise9Crosby87
Registered User
 
Parise9Crosby87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: boca raton florida
Country: United States
Posts: 2,534
vCash: 500
canada is stacked with talent

Parise9Crosby87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 03:22 AM
  #36
Parise9Crosby87
Registered User
 
Parise9Crosby87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: boca raton florida
Country: United States
Posts: 2,534
vCash: 500
zajac could make a team

Parise9Crosby87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 06:50 AM
  #37
DamonDRW
Registered User
 
DamonDRW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Tampere, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,504
vCash: 500
some Canadian players are so overrated... it is not even funny. Phaneus, Burns, Hamonic, Pietranglelo, Girardi, Garrison, Coburn, Vlasic are all good but nothing spectacular. Just noticed you guys even putting Bieksa and Giordano in there... that's laughable.

DamonDRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 07:07 AM
  #38
DanrikCarter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonDRW View Post
some Canadian players are so overrated... it is not even funny. Phaneus, Burns, Hamonic, Pietranglelo, Girardi, Garrison, Coburn, Vlasic are all good but nothing spectacular. Just noticed you guys even putting Bieksa and Giordano in there... that's laughable.
The fact Pietrangelo was included in there shows that you have no idea what you're talking about.

DanrikCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 07:34 AM
  #39
Ferros
Registered User
 
Ferros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Sweden
Posts: 389
vCash: 500
This is nothing new, just like any of those three teams could lose to Sweden/Finland/Russia/USA/Czech and no one would be that surprised. Everyone already knows that Canadas depth is really good but we also know that when other countires can ice their best players they can beat any of Canadas teams.

Ferros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 07:38 AM
  #40
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic
 
Captain Smurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Thornhill, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungGuns View Post
would anyone be mad if I removed Lupul from Team 3 and added Sean Couturier?
Keep Lupul and remove Lecavalier.

Captain Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 07:42 AM
  #41
TheJudge
Registered User
 
TheJudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferros View Post
This is nothing new, just like any of those three teams could lose to Sweden/Finland/Russia/USA/Czech and no one would be that surprised. Everyone already knows that Canadas depth is really good but we also know that when other countires can ice their best players they can beat any of Canadas teams.
Anyone can beat anyone; It's single game elimination.

If the NHL playoffs were single elimination last years Stanley Cup champions, the Boston Bruins, would have been out in the first round.

TheJudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 07:53 AM
  #42
Ferros
Registered User
 
Ferros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Sweden
Posts: 389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJudge View Post
Anyone can beat anyone; It's single game elimination.

If the NHL playoffs were single elimination last years Stanley Cup champions, the Boston Bruins, would have been out in the first round.
I think all teams I mentioned could beat any of Canadas teams in series of 7 games aswell, Canada would probably come out on top in more than they would lose but they'd still lost plenty of those series, the gap between the best nations isn't really that big when everyone can ice their best players.

Ferros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 10:13 AM
  #43
The Great Dame
Blame Pete
 
The Great Dame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,568
vCash: 500
USA's attempt at it

Parise-Kane-Wheeler
Cole-Pavelski-Callahan
Umberger-Legwand-Okposo
M Foligno-Cullen-Larose
Connolly

Suter-Byfuglien
Goligoski-Whitney
Orpik-Myers?
Gardiner

Quick
Anderson
Bachman
-------------------------------------------

Pacioretty-Backes-Pominville
Higgins-Kesler-Booth
N Foligno-Stepan-Stafford
Gerbe-Smith-Boyle
Mueller

Yandle-E Johnson
Fowler-Bogosian
J. Johnson-Leddy
Faulk

Miller
Schneider
Boucher
-------------------------------

JvR-Stastny-Kessel
Malone-Oshie-Brown (Awesome line)
Gionta-Galchenyuk-Wilson
Dubinsky-Couturier?-Stempniak
Abdelkader

Mcdonagh-Carlson
Petry-Shattenkirk
Gleason-Wisniewski
Carle

Howard
Thomas (if playing)
Bishop

The Great Dame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 11:30 AM
  #44
JackSlater
Registered User
 
JackSlater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,064
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonDRW View Post
some Canadian players are so overrated... it is not even funny. Phaneus, Burns, Hamonic, Pietranglelo, Girardi, Garrison, Coburn, Vlasic are all good but nothing spectacular. Just noticed you guys even putting Bieksa and Giordano in there... that's laughable.
Who said all of the players listed were spectacular? It's not like everyone can find players like Lydman, Lepisto, Niskala and Kukkonen to man their blueline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinkis View Post
I don't want to sound like a grumpy old man. But why oh mighty Canada can't you start caring about the WC? This is what everybody is talking about, with such a great deapth there won't be a problem to compete in the WC.
It hasn't been a problem for Canada to compete in the world championship. The reason is because of the depth. Even though a ton of Canadian players refuse the team is almost always among the best.

JackSlater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 12:41 PM
  #45
RorschachWJK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Kuusamo
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,382
vCash: 500
Ah, the yearly Canadian circle-jerk thread is a bit early this year.

RorschachWJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 05:45 AM
  #46
exporta
Registered User
 
exporta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnots13 View Post
USA's attempt at it

Parise-Kane-Wheeler
Cole-Pavelski-Callahan
Umberger-Legwand-Okposo
M Foligno-Cullen-Larose
Connolly

Suter-Byfuglien
Goligoski-Whitney
Orpik-Myers?
Gardiner

Quick
Anderson
Bachman
-------------------------------------------

Pacioretty-Backes-Pominville
Higgins-Kesler-Booth
N Foligno-Stepan-Stafford
Gerbe-Smith-Boyle
Mueller

Yandle-E Johnson
Fowler-Bogosian
J. Johnson-Leddy
Faulk

Miller
Schneider
Boucher
-------------------------------

JvR-Stastny-Kessel
Malone-Oshie-Brown (Awesome line)
Gionta-Galchenyuk-Wilson
Dubinsky-Couturier?-Stempniak
Abdelkader

Mcdonagh-Carlson
Petry-Shattenkirk
Gleason-Wisniewski
Carle

Howard
Thomas (if playing)
Bishop
Both played for Canada at the WJC, but if they couldn't crack Canada may accept an invite. I am not sure the history of both players nationalities, but I assume they both feel they are "Canadian" hockey players.

exporta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 08:55 PM
  #47
The Great Dame
Blame Pete
 
The Great Dame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,568
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by exporta View Post
Both played for Canada at the WJC, but if they couldn't crack Canada may accept an invite. I am not sure the history of both players nationalities, but I assume they both feel they are "Canadian" hockey players.
True.

I also forgot Andy Greene

The Great Dame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 09:11 PM
  #48
Fulcrum
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 2,605
vCash: 500
Lol, how can Canadian fans determine level of their team if they have no idea who the 90% of players from opposition are?

It's like the 1972, when they thought they were playing a bunch of amateurs, remember that over-hyping? This isn't much different.

Fulcrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 09:16 PM
  #49
Polansky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 449
vCash: 500
Matt Duchene wouldn't make any good world team, so I feel like only Team A is better or as good as the other top teams.

Polansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 09:21 PM
  #50
CpatainCanuck
Registered User
 
CpatainCanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,722
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
Lol, how can Canadian fans determine level of their team if they have no idea who the 90% of players from opposition are?

It's like the 1972, when they thought they were playing a bunch of amateurs, remember that over-hyping? This isn't much different.
Yeah 1972, where the Canadians showed up completely out of shape and unprepared and still managed to beat the well oiled russian machine. I'm glad you brought that up!

CpatainCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:24 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.