HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF Game 7 | 4-26-2012 | Devils @ Panthers | 8:30 PM EDT | TV: NHL-N, TSN, FS FLA

Old
04-27-2012, 09:12 AM
BuffsabreBill13
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Even tho Im a sabres fan, I wanted florida to win so bad. They fought so hard and i felt like they deserved it. The fans were awesome. You guys are gonna be good for years to come. I hope your fans stick around too. Go Panthers!

BuffsabreBill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 09:17 AM
Lou's Koolaid
I live here

vCash: 50
Great series and a lot tougher than i expected. Hats off to a great season Cats fans!

Lou's Koolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 09:18 AM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie460 View Post
If this hasn't been posted

Ultimate facepalms

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 09:55 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffsabreBill13 View Post
Even tho Im a sabres fan, I wanted florida to win so bad. They fought so hard and i felt like they deserved it. The fans were awesome. You guys are gonna be good for years to come. I hope your fans stick around too. Go Panthers!
Thank you!

04-27-2012, 10:03 AM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
Ultimate facepalms
Those were legendary facepalms..

Still upset that we didn't win with Steeger and Maddens chances..

AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 10:51 AM
jglenn001

Send a message via AIM to jglenn001
Last nights loss still hurts..

jglenn001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 11:20 AM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jglenn001 View Post
Yes it does, they stole game 7 from us..

AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 11:38 AM
Devilsfan118

Don't take any of that garbage being spewed on the main board seriously.

Take it from a Devils fan, big market fans love bashing smaller market teams and their over exaggerated attendance issues. Your fans showed some serious passion this series, and you guys should have a bright future with some great prospects in the system

Hockey in Florida is definitely here to stay.

Devilsfan118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 11:41 AM
Lola
Future Panthers

Quote:
Hurts a little bit more today than it did last night.

I don't care though. I'm proudly wearing my Versteeg jersey to the ice rink tonight. And my boys will be wearing their Panther jerseys for practice.

We (still) believe RED!

Lola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 12:14 PM
Congo Jack
Hello M'Lady

Was really hoping you guys would beat the Devils atleast you proved tons of people wrong in the fan commitment and the popularity of this team! Place was just pumped in this playoffs.

Congo Jack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 12:48 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Not sure whats going on here but i Enjoyed all your posts across the boards. You had only good things to say all series long.

Next year come to the arena, and if your wearing a Panthers hat (even if accompanied by a devils jersey) the beer at Budweiser terrace is on me.
Thanks man you've been really cool! Like I said I think I got mad, and said stuff about you guys in February when we were on a hot streak, and lost to you guys. Might have said something on our board about loser points or something too. I was a real doosh. I know the Panthers slumped at the end kinda like we did earlier in March, but you guys did have an impressive run mid March torching Boston, and winning 5 or 6 in a row over Boston, Flyers, and a long shootout win over a Buffalo team desperately fighting for a playoff spot. I watched that game, and I hate Buffalo so it was good to see. That was one of the longest shootouts I've seen this year I think. Was cheering you guys all the way! Even my buddy who lives in South Florida who's a Devils fan went to that game, and said he was loudly chanting for you guys! I'll take you up on your offer, but it might have to be something non alcoholic. Beer is like a sleeping medicine for me! I'll be snoozing at the game! Haha.

Today I was thinking about how much I hate Cam Ward, and his joke of a contract, and cap hit, and realized ''Hey the Hurricanes! They're in the same division as these guys!'' and the fact you guys are in that division with the Hurricanes, and him makes my support of you guys go up. Wash away Tampa Bay, and those garbage Canes next year! I think you guys will be back in again no doubt!

Yes I hate Cam Ward more than Clemmensen. WAY MORE. Just didn't express it since we weren't playing his team this time. Do people really consider him a top 10 goalie? He gives up so many softies! He's not almost 40 like Marty, or a rookie like Holtby, so I can't cut him a break.

Last edited by Bleedred: 04-27-2012 at 01:03 PM.
Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 12:53 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfan118 View Post
Don't take any of that garbage being spewed on the main board seriously.

Take it from a Devils fan, big market fans love bashing smaller market teams and their over exaggerated attendance issues. Your fans showed some serious passion this series, and you guys should have a bright future with some great prospects in the system

Hockey in Florida is definitely here to stay.
Yeah I stay out of our thread on the main board for this series. A lot of nonsensical stuff going on there. I took Florida seriously before the series started. The only thing I underestimated was the PP. I didn't expect our PK to be so bad.

I'd have to look it up, but I'm pretty sure we gave up more PP goals this series than from February to the end of the season.

Old
04-27-2012, 01:00 PM
KittysGotClaws
We See Red

By the way, Devils fans, I don't throw you all under the bus for what I saw in the arena last night. From what I've seen here, you guys have been pretty respectful. Best of luck in the next round.

KittysGotClaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 01:03 PM
TheMightyPanther85

Was a good run while it lasted next season will be beast though

TheMightyPanther85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 01:11 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittysGotClaws View Post
By the way, Devils fans, I don't throw you all under the bus for what I saw in the arena last night. From what I've seen here, you guys have been pretty respectful. Best of luck in the next round.
Thanks! Whatever you saw I can assure you I don't approve of that crap. I'll cheer for the Devils, and yell and scream in the opponents arena, but never disrespect the fans, or bash the home team, or do anything to degrade anyone in the home teams building. I wouldn't even do that in our home building to fans there to see the opposing team. Wouldn't even do it at MSG or in Philly either.

I see nothing wrong with someone coming to cheer the opponents of the home team, but you gotta respect their building, and their fans. I held season tickets for the Devils for years when I lived up there. Like 18 years I think? I never belittled anyone wearing the jersey of the road team. I have to say a few times I've wanted to giggle hysterically at people wearing Canes gear though.

All this main board crap I don't even touch. It's probably nothing, but ''We're better than you Kitty Cats blah blah blah blah.'' What I have to say to that is if the Devils are so much better than why did it take 7 games with the last two in OT, not to mention the Panthers coming back from deficits in 3 games, for the Devils to win?

Old
04-27-2012, 01:55 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

I've already said how incredibly proud I am of our team in the season appreciation thread, but I wanted to congratulate Devils fans on winning the series. I've never had a problem with any Devils fan on here or at a game and I am definitely rooting for you guys against the Flyers whom hate with a damn passion. Maybe we're meet in the playoffs next season

FlaPnthrsPunk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 02:41 PM
MadDog172430
Sal Apologist

I wanted to stumble over here and say congratulations on an outstanding season. Devils fans know all well about being disrespected by many of the other teams/fans around the league. Just goes to show that success breeds jealousy. I think that Tallon made great strides in turning this team in the right direction and that he will continue taking the Panthers down a better path than the last decade had been.

Hope to see you all down the road again. Good times for the Panthers are here, I imagine even better ones will be around the corner soon enough!

MadDog172430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 03:16 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

Your team scared the hell out of me enough this series with a team of only one $4 million+ forward. I expect Versteeg to get a big raise this year. I see his contract is up, and he's an RFA.

Old
04-27-2012, 03:21 PM
MillarWithASave
HUBY DOOBY SHUTUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
Yes it does, they stole game 7 from us..
And game 6...

But still, it was a great series. And good luck to the Devils.

MillarWithASave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 06:37 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

OK. I think I can finally reign myself in enough to make a reasonable post here.

Heart: Angry about last night's loss. Is there anything more brutal in sports than a sudden death OT loss in game 7? So... painfully... close...

Brain: Panthers roster is as follows:

Theodore - knee injury DTD
Versteeg - torn hip labrum
Fleischmann - broken hand
Weiss - bad back
Garrison - "lower body injury"
Kulikov - off his game since knee injury
Bergenheim - broken foot
Upshall - recently returned to lineup after missing most of season

Those are the ones we know about.

This team matches up poorly against Philly when healthy. With their top players limping..... The wheels would have fallen off the bus against Philly in round 2.

It doesn't make things any easier to swallow...

There are a lot of positives to take away from this season. I think we as fans can (and should) step back an appreciate them (although I think it will take me another 24 hours or so to get there).

Hopefully, the players don't reach that same point. When you are happy with your accomplishments you become the 2011-12 Bruins & Canucks.

I hope Gudbranson is still smashing sticks.

angry_treefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 08:24 PM
jol

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post
Wow. I wonder if Bergy has something too, he looked kinda soft the last few games..
Broken foot, broken during the game.

JOL

jol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 08:42 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Yes it does.

The day already started bad when I woke up late due to the game ending late so yeah...... I was late to work.

I arrive at work and am greeted by banners that say "congrats NJ" made by a Dev's fan. Hahaha, funny ok. Same fan starts having people who aren't even hockey fans ask me about my team losing last night so now I'm getting anoid! Then he's posting Devil's logo pics all over and has his iPhone over his head where his wallpaper is also a logo and is parading around like they just won the Stanley Cup! Now I'm naturally irate by this point because it was already mid-day so I ask real loud for everyone to hear, "Do you like being an *ss****?"!..........That did the trick and shut him up! I mean why gloat and rub it in like you beat us by a mile when you actually got lucky to get past us in 7games and double OT?.......GO FLYERS!!!!!!

Last edited by Beezer: 04-27-2012 at 08:57 PM.
Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 08:58 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
Yes it does.

The day already started bad when I woke up late due to the game ending late so yeah...... I was late to work.

I arrive at work and am greeted by banners that say "congrats NJ" made by a Dev's fan. Hahaha, funny ok. Same fan starts having people who aren't even hockey fans ask me about my team losing last night so now I'm getting anoid! Then he's posting Devil's logo pics all over and has his iPhone over his head where his wallpaper is also a logo and is parading around like they just won the Stanley Cup! Now I'm naturally irate by this point because it was already mid-day so I ask real loud for everyone to hear, "Do you like being an *ss****?"!..........That did the trick and shut him up! I mean why gloat and rub it in like you beat us by a mile when you actually got lucky to get past us in 7games and double OT?.......GO FLYERS!!!!!!
What a tool.

I do represent clients in employment harassment cases

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 09:02 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
What a tool.

I do represent clients in employment harassment cases
Thanks, but I think calling him an *ss**** in front of everybody shut him up for good so I shouldn't have any more issues with him this season. I'll let you know if I need representation in the future. Lol

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 09:31 PM
Rats96Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
OK. I think I can finally reign myself in enough to make a reasonable post here.

Heart: Angry about last night's loss. Is there anything more brutal in sports than a sudden death OT loss in game 7? So... painfully... close...

Brain: Panthers roster is as follows:

Theodore - knee injury DTD
Versteeg - torn hip labrum
Fleischmann - broken hand
Weiss - bad back
Garrison - "lower body injury"
Kulikov - off his game since knee injury
Bergenheim - broken foot
Upshall - recently returned to lineup after missing most of season

Those are the ones we know about.

This team matches up poorly against Philly when healthy. With their top players limping..... The wheels would have fallen off the bus against Philly in round 2.

It doesn't make things any easier to swallow...
Great points, esp where we would have been put through a masher vs Phillly. Not saying we wouldn't have taken it to them, but it would have been brutal with our walking wounded.

The loss had started to sink in this afternoon and after turning on NBCS the fact we have no more Panther hockey has sunk in as well

such a treat as a fan to have been granted a great series against such a worthy opponent. i think with not only making the playoffs, but the respect we have been shown, the season has been a resounding success.

sooo is it training camp yet?

Rats96Yo is offline   Reply With Quote