HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECSF: New York Rangers (1) vs Washington Capitals (7)

Old
04-27-2012, 08:52 PM
MSGFaithful

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
I concur, a dump in the ECF is painful but it means that this season(imo) was a serious success. It also shows massive improvement and playoff experience.

Getting to the ECF would be much more beneficial for us next year in analyzing our needs.
I've said that it's conference finals or bust this year. And I still stand by that.

Caps suck. Rangers in 6.

MSGFaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 08:54 PM
Kane One
HFB Partner

vCash: 823
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSGFaithful View Post
I've said that it's conference finals or bust this year. And I still stand by that.

Caps suck. Rangers in 6.
Maybe I'm just being harsh, but I'm always SC win or bust. The point of sports is to win a championship, not to come close.

04-27-2012, 08:56 PM
MSGFaithful

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
Maybe I'm just being harsh, but I'm always SC win or bust. The point of sports is to win a championship, not to come close.
Well I agree with that. Thing is though, our team is still young. But seriously, anything less than a conference final this year is a disappointment.

That being said, SCF OR BUST MOTHER****ERS!!!

MSGFaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 08:56 PM
Carl Hagelins Flow
Flow Status: AMAZING

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishMeatballs1990 View Post
My post was 100% fine in reply to a conversation I was having with another poster. I said it's most non-caps fans that jumped on the bandwagon that are saying Holtby>Lundy but you pick out 3 words and twist it to say I'm trolling.
All I said is the Caps have more snipers and Hank plays deep in his net (hence Semin having so much success against him compared to others)... No need to be a *********
If you watched Lundqvist play at all this season, you should've noticed that he actually comes out of his crease and challenges shooters off the rush now, unlike in years past. He also worked on his glove hand and didn't really give up many goals glove-side high this year that made you worry it was a liability (like in years past).

Last edited by Carl Hagelins Flow: 04-27-2012 at 09:07 PM. Reason: toned it down
Carl Hagelins Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 08:58 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
Not in my view, I don't think we are a stanley cup team yet. Our offense isn't dynamic enough, and we are inexperienced in key areas.

I think this team has to learn how to lose before it can learn how to win.

Course, if the stars align we could pull a Boston like last year.

But my expectations are tempered.

I still think the ECF is very doable. I also think we have very good chance coming out of it(about 50 percent). Not sure about the SCF, depends on our opponent.

The only way this team wins it all, is if our offensive guys explode and our PP all of sudden becomes Godzilla against other teams. Unlikely, but ya never know.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 09:01 PM
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
Knock off the flaming and lack of respect. Caps fans are welcome here if they're going to be civilized. The moderators are the ones who decide whether or not someone is allowed to post here. Not the posters.

04-27-2012, 09:04 PM
caps4cup
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Hagelins Flow View Post
If you watched Lundqvist play at all this season, you should've noticed that he actually comes out of his crease and challenges shooters off the rush now, unlike in years past. He also worked on his glove hand and didn't really give up many goals glove-side high this year that made you worry it was a liability (like in years past).

So again, your facts are wrong and you make sweeping generalizations.
Ok sorry bro. It's been pretty well known that he has played deep for a while and after seeing the Carlson, Ovechkin, and Backstrom goals the last time they met where he was pretty deep I assumed that was still his only problem.

caps4cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 09:09 PM
Carl Hagelins Flow

Quote:
Ok sorry bro. It's been pretty well known that he has played deep for a while and after seeing the Carlson, Ovechkin, and Backstrom goals the last time they met where he was pretty deep I assumed that was still his only problem.
I don't mean to sound harsh or like a jerk, but honestly...after spending a half hour on the mainboards arguing with Caps fans, I come back to our fan boards and it seems like it's more of the same.

Yes, Lundqvist worked in the off-season and addressed his weaknesses -- word had gotten out he was weak glove high and played too deep in his crease.

Old
04-27-2012, 09:11 PM
Rangers1985

Quote:
True. And I'm not saying Ottawa is better, NYR are def the better team. My point is Caps almost closed it out in 6, Rangers had to force game 7. It seemed like the Caps just played a bit better against the Bruins (who are better than the Sens) than the Rangers did against the Sens.

That Hagelin suspension was definitely a factor in how our offense struggled, hes a key part of it.

Rangers1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 09:14 PM
caps4cup
Dynasty

Quote:
I don't mean to sound harsh or like a jerk, but honestly...after spending a half hour on the mainboards arguing with Caps fans, I come back to our fan boards and it seems like it's more of the same.

Yes, Lundqvist worked in the off-season and addressed his weaknesses -- word had gotten out he was weak glove high and played too deep in his crease.
Please go back and see when I 1st came on here. Having a nice little talk and someone bashes my post for no reason, picking out 5 words and twisting them to sound like I'm a homer. "Plays deep in his net" was used to make me seem like the bad guy when before everything was fine. Then people see that post, and then everything else I post they pick out a piece to flame me on. Kind of ridiculous if you ask me. I wasn't saying Caps in 5, Caps are better than the Rangers, Holtby>Lundqvist... The only questionable thing I said was Boston is arguably better than NYR but that's mute now since they're out. You're treating me like a Pens fan guys

Old
04-27-2012, 09:17 PM
Moosehead777

Rangers in 6 you got dam communists. LGR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moosehead777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 09:20 PM
Carl Hagelins Flow

Quote:
Please go back and see when I 1st came on here. Having a nice little talk and someone bashes my post for no reason, picking out 5 words and twisting them to sound like I'm a homer. "Plays deep in his net" was used to make me seem like the bad guy when before everything was fine. Then people see that post, and then everything else I post they pick out a piece to flame me on. Kind of ridiculous if you ask me. I wasn't saying Caps in 5, Caps are better than the Rangers, Holtby>Lundqvist... The only questionable thing I said was Boston is arguably better than NYR but that's mute now since they're out. You're treating me like a Pens fan guys
Well, I guess we're a bit sensitive considering the entire league is out to get us and doesn't want us to succeed

I think it will be a rough series for both teams. I thought the Bruins played well but did not throw their bodies around a lot like they're known to do. (Tim Thomas said after the series was over that the guys looked real tired in the locker room; would explain it). That is something I think the Rangers will handle differently. Expect the Rangers to be VERY physical with the Caps. Their forwards are going to be punished if they try to dance into the slot or get near Henrik and the defense will be punished on the forecheck because we like to dump and chase.

Bruins did not play much like that in my observation.

Old
04-27-2012, 09:22 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosehead777 View Post
Rangers in 6 you got dam communists. LGR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hahaha werd.

04-27-2012, 09:26 PM
caps4cup
Dynasty

Quote:
Well, I guess we're a bit sensitive considering the entire league is out to get us and doesn't want us to succeed

I think it will be a rough series for both teams. I thought the Bruins played well but did not throw their bodies around a lot like they're known to do. (Tim Thomas said after the series was over that the guys looked real tired in the locker room; would explain it). That is something I think the Rangers will handle differently. Expect the Rangers to be VERY physical with the Caps. Their forwards are going to be punished if they try to dance into the slot or get near Henrik and the defense will be punished on the forecheck because we like to dump and chase.

Bruins did not play much like that in my observation.
Yeah I was trying to explain this earlier before I got bashed by 20 rangers fans

The Caps did a real good job slowing down the pace of the game and not forcing picks through the neutral zone. This took the crowd out of the game early (especially games 1 and 7) and seemed to frustrate the Bruins. The B's did have some good shifts when they retrieved the puck, but the Caps Dmen seemingly always got to the dump in 1st, and used quick reverses and rims to escape trouble. They play a really passive neutral zone which helps them get back to the puck 1st.

I suggested for the Rangers to get a better forecheck than the Bruins, they should send a forward flying down the wing in sync with a hard rim. That seemed to be the only time the Caps got in trouble with dump ins, besides of course when Jeff Schultz was on the ice.

Old
04-27-2012, 09:36 PM
nyrpassion
Vetted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer90 View Post
if a hockey god descended from the sky and told me it's a sure fact that the rangers are getting eliminated at some point... Id rather get eliminated to the caps, then get eliminated to the flyers in the conference championships.
No way in hell would I rather lose to the Caps and their obnoxious fan base, than to the Flyers.

nyrpassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 09:40 PM
Puckslinger

Quote:
Yeah I was trying to explain this earlier before I got bashed by 20 rangers fans

The Caps did a real good job slowing down the pace of the game and not forcing picks through the neutral zone. This took the crowd out of the game early (especially games 1 and 7) and seemed to frustrate the Bruins. The B's did have some good shifts when they retrieved the puck, but the Caps Dmen seemingly always got to the dump in 1st, and used quick reverses and rims to escape trouble. They play a really passive neutral zone which helps them get back to the puck 1st.

I suggested for the Rangers to get a better forecheck than the Bruins, they should send a forward flying down the wing in sync with a hard rim. That seemed to be the only time the Caps got in trouble with dump ins, besides of course when Jeff Schultz was on the ice.
Thanks, that'll be something to watch for. Although I'm not sure our NYR coaching braintrust adapts that quickly -- they like to stick with the game plan even if it isn't working. Then again, it mostly worked this year.

Puckslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 09:52 PM
caps4cup
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckslinger View Post
Thanks, that'll be something to watch for. Although I'm not sure our NYR coaching braintrust adapts that quickly -- they like to stick with the game plan even if it isn't working. Then again, it mostly worked this year.
That's what I'm worried about as well. Hunters system has worked pretty well do far, but if it falters what will he do? And he needs to play Ovechkin, Backstrom, Semin, and Green more. They are all playing good and are the best players. He was praised for playing the grinders against the Bruins and winning, but if they lost he would've faced a **** load of criticism. Well I'm out of here and won't be back...

Old
04-27-2012, 09:52 PM
Carl Hagelins Flow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckslinger View Post
Took them 5 games to figure out how to handle Ottawa's aggressive defense pinning us in our zone and how our 1-3-1 PREVENT defense wasn't going to cut it if we were leading.

Game 6 and 7 we looked like a different team.

Old
04-27-2012, 09:55 PM
BlaqICE

Send a message via ICQ to BlaqICE Send a message via AIM to BlaqICE Send a message via MSN to BlaqICE
Why does everyone bring up the point that the rangers took 7 games to knock off the 8th seed? With the parity in the league these past couple of years, any team that makes it to the playoffs has a legitimate chance of making it to the finals. Also, the Rangers dominated the Flyers this year and it took the Flyers 6 games to beat the Penguins. Does that mean we would have swept the Penguins since we seemed to have dominated the Flyers this year and the Flyers dominated the Penguins in the Playoffs? Absolutely not. It's all about matching up well with a team. We happen to have matched up well with the Flyers this year and not so much with the sens and yet the Flyers had the better season. It happens. With that being said, I feel like Washington is similar to the sens in the sense that they have a hot goaltender right now, but I think they are more of an offensive threat. Out of all the teams that started the playoffs, the two teams I did not want to run into the most were the sens and the caps, but it is what it is. I think if we can get through this series, it will be a huge psychological boost for us, though, knowing that we were finally able to put away Washington.

BlaqICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 10:11 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqICE View Post
Why does everyone bring up the point that the rangers took 7 games to knock off the 8th seed? With the parity in the league these past couple of years, any team that makes it to the playoffs has a legitimate chance of making it to the finals. Also, the Rangers dominated the Flyers this year and it took the Flyers 6 games to beat the Penguins. Does that mean we would have swept the Penguins since we seemed to have dominated the Flyers this year and the Flyers dominated the Penguins in the Playoffs? Absolutely not. It's all about matching up well with a team. We happen to have matched up well with the Flyers this year and not so much with the sens and yet the Flyers had the better season. It happens. With that being said, I feel like Washington is similar to the sens in the sense that they have a hot goaltender right now, but I think they are more of an offensive threat. Out of all the teams that started the playoffs, the two teams I did not want to run into the most were the sens and the caps, but it is what it is. I think if we can get through this series, it will be a huge psychological boost for us, though, knowing that we were finally able to put away Washington.
I don't know.

Last time I checked the stanley cup goes to the team that wins all 4 series. Whether they win them all in 7 games or go 16-0 doesn't factor into it at all.

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 10:12 PM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqICE View Post
It isn't everyone bringing it up. It is one craps fan who is trying to use that as an argument as to why the rangers will lose.

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 10:17 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluegoalie View Post
It isn't everyone bringing it up. It is one craps fan who is trying to use that as an argument as to why the rangers will lose.
Isn't that kinda throwing stones in a glass house?

They took 7 games to win too. It's not even a valid argument if 1 team sweeps and the other takes 7 to win, let alone if both teams had to go to 7 games

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 10:22 PM
BlaqICE

Send a message via ICQ to BlaqICE Send a message via AIM to BlaqICE Send a message via MSN to BlaqICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluegoalie View Post
I've heard a lot of people bring it up, not from just these boards, but multiple forums and people who I know at work. I just think it's a stupid argument.

BlaqICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 10:26 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Let's Go Rangers!!!

Get it done. Just win.

I REALLY hope Boyle and Dubinsky are good to go tomorrow.

Hagelin. Richards. Gaborik
Kreider. Stepan. Callahan
Dubinsky. Boyle. Fedotenko
Prust. Anisimov. Mitchell

McDonagh. Girardi
Staal. Stralman
Del Zotto. Bickel

Would be very nice.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 10:33 PM
lbrowne

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Let's Go Rangers!!!

Get it done. Just win.

I REALLY hope Boyle and Dubinsky are good to go tomorrow.

Hagelin. Richards. Gaborik
Kreider. Stepan. Callahan
Dubinsky. Boyle. Fedotenko
Prust. Anisimov. Mitchell

McDonagh. Girardi
Staal. Stralman
Del Zotto. Bickel

Would be very nice.
I really doubt Torts sitting Rupp.

lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote