HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL 2012 Postseason/Offseason

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-25-2012, 11:19 PM
  #26
Epsilon
#TeamRaccoon
 
Epsilon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Florence, SC
Posts: 39,780
vCash: 500
Man, if the Wings were still around this would be the greatest second round ever.

Every team I hate has been eliminated from the playoffs or didn't even make it.

Epsilon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 12:44 AM
  #27
Epsilon
#TeamRaccoon
 
Epsilon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Florence, SC
Posts: 39,780
vCash: 500
I realized I only have 2-6 correct so far (have NYR and NJ in the other two game 7s), and yet I could easily see the two I do have (St. Louis and Washington) meeting in the Stanley Cup finals.

Epsilon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 12:59 AM
  #28
14ari13
Registered User
 
14ari13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Norway
Posts: 9,976
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chances14 View Post
2nd round matchups in the west
kings-blues
yotes-preds

god help us all...
+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashman View Post
This probably seems like I'm just being bitter, but 3 of the remaining teams play really boring hockey.

I'm pulling for LA, they were fun to watch against Vancouver, I like their style.
And I find the Preds most boring of all. Maybe Florida is worse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
Talk about boring Western matchups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
Fun fact:

-Last time there was a 2nd round without at least three of Detroit, Chicago, San Jose and Vancouver - 2008. There were only two that year...

This year's remaining Western Conference playoffs might rival 2006 as being the most unwatchable in my lifetime. I really hope not, because the semis and WCF that year were just absolute garbage and no fun to watch in any way.
I am sure I am not going to watch any WC games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
Game 7 for Florida and Jersey. Who wins?
I hope Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTownWingsfan View Post
Honestly, I was hoping the Hawks would take out Phoenix. But now I want Phoenix to take out Nashville. I just can't root for the team that took out the Wings. Kings have a pretty good goalie in Quick, anyone think they can take the Blues out?
I just want the Preds to get knocked out, because they are the most boring team in the league, almost.


I am glad the Bruins are out, not so happy the Caps knocked them, but I'll take it.

14ari13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 01:10 AM
  #29
Epsilon
#TeamRaccoon
 
Epsilon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Florence, SC
Posts: 39,780
vCash: 500
Teams I'm going for/supporting/order of preference:

1. Ottawa: born there (even though the team didn't exist then), so they are my quasi-hometown team, and I would love to see Alfredsson win a Stanley Cup.

2. Washington: would love to see Ovechkin win the Stanley Cup and shut up a ton of obnoxious posters on the main board.

3. New Jersey: always been a fan of Kovalchuk and would love to see him get a ring. A little less enthusiastic about this team winning because they would tie the Red Wings for most Stanley Cups in the last 20ish years.

4. LA/Phoenix/Florida/Nashville: since I live in the South it's always fun to troll on people who hate the very fact that teams are located south of the Mason-Dixon line.

5. New York Rangers: if they eliminate Ottawa, I am a fan of Lundqvist.

6. St. Louis: don't really mind the team, but dislike most of the online fanbase (especially on here).

.
.
.


-infinity: Chicago: for countless reasons I won't get into and probably don't need to.

Epsilon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 02:20 AM
  #30
ricky0034
Registered User
 
ricky0034's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,881
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
Teams I'm going for/supporting/order of preference:

1. Ottawa: born there (even though the team didn't exist then), so they are my quasi-hometown team, and I would love to see Alfredsson win a Stanley Cup.

2. Washington: would love to see Ovechkin win the Stanley Cup and shut up a ton of obnoxious posters on the main board.

3. New Jersey: always been a fan of Kovalchuk and would love to see him get a ring. A little less enthusiastic about this team winning because they would tie the Red Wings for most Stanley Cups in the last 20ish years.

4. LA/Phoenix/Florida/Nashville: since I live in the South it's always fun to troll on people who hate the very fact that teams are located south of the Mason-Dixon line.

5. New York Rangers: if they eliminate Ottawa, I am a fan of Lundqvist.

6. St. Louis: don't really mind the team, but dislike most of the online fanbase (especially on here).

.
.
.


-infinity: Chicago: for countless reasons I won't get into and probably don't need to.
huh? they aren't even in the Playoffs anymore

ricky0034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 07:03 AM
  #31
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman
 
JmanWingsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Somewhere
Country: United States
Posts: 4,470
vCash: 500
Well, I doubt Semin wants to leave now... All that hard work actually accomplished something.

JmanWingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 08:42 AM
  #32
Epsilon
#TeamRaccoon
 
Epsilon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Florence, SC
Posts: 39,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky0034 View Post
huh? they aren't even in the Playoffs anymore
Yeah my bad, it was 2am and I was drunk when I wrote that.

LOL and I just realized I forgot Philadelphia. Put them under New York but not off the page where I had Chicago. I don't like Philly that much but they get extra credit for me for dumping the Penguins.

Epsilon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 08:06 PM
  #33
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!
 
SoupNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kramerica Industries
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,561
vCash: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
Yeah my bad, it was 2am and I was drunk when I wrote that.

LOL and I just realized I forgot Philadelphia. Put them under New York but not off the page where I had Chicago. I don't like Philly that much but they get extra credit for me for dumping the Penguins.
You type quite well for being drunk.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 08:58 PM
  #34
Filppula
Jurks
 
Filppula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,827
vCash: 500
I hate the NY Rangers.

Filppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 09:17 PM
  #35
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!
 
SoupNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kramerica Industries
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,561
vCash: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filppula View Post
I hate the NY Rangers.
Same.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 11:02 PM
  #36
chances14
Registered User
 
chances14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 7,329
vCash: 500
devils/panthers game going to double ot.

first ot was by far the most entertaining period of ot in the playoffs so far. both teams playing to win and not sitting back

chances14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 11:32 PM
  #37
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!
 
Big Poppa Puck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: South Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 16,176
vCash: 500
The NHL is praying an EAST team wins the Cup.

A NJ vs. NSH/PHX Cup would be .

Big Poppa Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 03:10 AM
  #38
Kiddington
Registered User
 
Kiddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,764
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRep TheWingedWheel View Post
A NJ vs. NSH/PHX Cup would be .
...not any worse than New Jersey - Anaheim of 2003?

The NHL has had plenty of terrible SCF matchups over the years; New Jersey/Anaheim, Calgary/Tampa, Carolina/Edmonton, Anaheim/Ottawa (double gross). I'm really not sure why everyone thinks if Phoenix is involved it would turn out any worse than some of those aforementioned matchups, especially 2006 and 2007 in particular (other than maybe the lack of star talent on the Coyotes), but hey, that's just me.

Kiddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 06:53 AM
  #39
Epsilon
#TeamRaccoon
 
Epsilon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Florence, SC
Posts: 39,780
vCash: 500
No matter who wins the Stanley Cup this year, it's going to be a huge improvement over the last 3 seasons.

Epsilon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 07:10 AM
  #40
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!
 
SoupNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kramerica Industries
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,561
vCash: 526
I predict St. Louis vs. Nashville - WCF
New York vs. Philly - ECF

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 07:50 AM
  #41
Winger98
Moderator
powers combined
 
Winger98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 14,853
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
The only team in the East I can get behind, at all, is Washington. I don't really like them, I just like the other teams less.

In the west, anyone but LA.

__________________
RIP David
Winger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 10:27 AM
  #42
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!
 
Big Poppa Puck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: South Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 16,176
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddington View Post
...not any worse than New Jersey - Anaheim of 2003?

The NHL has had plenty of terrible SCF matchups over the years; New Jersey/Anaheim, Calgary/Tampa, Carolina/Edmonton, Anaheim/Ottawa (double gross). I'm really not sure why everyone thinks if Phoenix is involved it would turn out any worse than some of those aforementioned matchups, especially 2006 and 2007 in particular (other than maybe the lack of star talent on the Coyotes), but hey, that's just me.
Probably not.

Phoenix is just not a hockey market. If they do make the Cup I'm sure it would be bittersweet for Bettman. His southern expansion team that the legue owns is in the Cup, but also the average hockey fan doesn't care about them so it might make for terrible ratings. At least just as bad as the series' you mentioned.

I think the NHL would prefer LA out of the West and anyone but NJ out of the East.

Florida-Phoenix woulda been the ultimate troll Cup matchup though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
I predict St. Louis vs. Nashville - WCF
New York vs. Philly - ECF
Same.

Big Poppa Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 11:23 AM
  #43
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 23,483
vCash: 500
I would really like to watch LA beat Philly in the Cup finals, that would be epic stuff. Especially if it was a Mike Richards game 7 winner in Philly.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 12:01 PM
  #44
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 18,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
I predict St. Louis vs. Nashville - WCF
New York vs. Philly - ECF
Can't say I disagree. But I would very much want the Eastern Conference to win in the end.. don't think I can stand Preds/Blues fans getting cocky. I'll be rooting for the 'Yotes.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 10:33 PM
  #45
Filppula
Jurks
 
Filppula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,827
vCash: 500
I'm watching Preds/Yotes, how did we lose to easily to this Preds team? They're not even that good.

We've got a lot of work to do.

Filppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 10:43 PM
  #46
Heaton
Moderator
#hope
 
Heaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rochester, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 18,701
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filppula View Post
I'm watching Preds/Yotes, how did we lose to easily to this Preds team? They're not even that good.

We've got a lot of work to do.
Settle down a bit there. This is a Nashville team after a long layoff against a pretty good Phoenix team. Let's see where they're at around game 3.

Heaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 10:44 PM
  #47
Filppula
Jurks
 
Filppula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
Settle down a bit there. This is a Nashville team after a long layoff against a pretty good Phoenix team. Let's see where they're at around game 3.
Fair call.

Filppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 10:49 PM
  #48
ZDH
Registered User
 
ZDH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,445
vCash: 500
Bodker ot gwg time

ZDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 11:35 PM
  #49
chances14
Registered User
 
chances14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 7,329
vCash: 500
haha yotes did to the preds what the preds did to the wings. outplay them and still lose

and where was that rinne in the wings series. he looked extremely average tonight

chances14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 11:39 PM
  #50
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please
 
ArGarBarGar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 29,549
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filppula View Post
I'm watching Preds/Yotes, how did we lose to easily to this Preds team? They're not even that good.

We've got a lot of work to do.
Predators were a worse matchup for us than Phoenix is.

Phoenix knows how to respond to a defensive type game that relies on mistakes. Detroit didn't.

ArGarBarGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:54 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.