HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Vrby, where are you???

Old
04-26-2012, 01:13 PM
strizzy16

vCash: 500
Vrby, where are you???

What's wrong with Radim? Is it still the effects from that allergic reaction?

He turned it on with 3 goals to end the season. That was after being ice cold for a while.

Since then, 0 goals, 1 assist, -4 rating. He's been ineffective with the puck and looks a step slow in my opinion.

This guy scored 35 this season. Thankfully Vermette has picked up the slack. Thoughts?

strizzy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 01:27 PM
BuffaloAZ

He looked lost without Marty out there in round 1. Hopefully that changes tomorrow.

BuffaloAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 01:46 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I would guess his neck, collar bone, shoulder, elbow, wrist, or ribs are hurt, based on the way he went into the boards on his first shift of the last series. Any one of those could really limit his effectiveness. I have nothing to back this up, but it's my guess he's playing hurt. If I were forced at gunpoint to guess correctly, I'd go with wrist.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 01:55 PM
knowsthegame

He got injured on the first shift in game 1 and missed the next game or 2, so he really only played in 3 or 4 games coming off an injury.
Tippet already stated he was still playing hurt so we shouldn't expect him to be tearing up and down the ice like he is 100%

knowsthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 02:04 PM
AZviaNJ
@AZviaNJviaNY

Vrby will catch fire this series. It's coming and we've seen what happens if gets a goal or 2, he can 10 goals in 8 games.

AZviaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 02:34 PM

It seems to me that Vrby often has slowed down by the end of the season but I might just have that season he was an UFA and had that huge drought stuck in my head.

He's clearly not 100%, so hopefully a couple of days rest has been good for him, Hanzal, and everyone else nursing injuries.

Vrbata just doesn't strike me as being a playoff player. He has 4-6-10 in 26 playoff games career (.38 PPG) compared to .56 PPG during the regular season.

Frankly, Doan's lack of production has been much more of a concern for me. For years I always said this team would not make the playoffs if Shane Doan was their best player, and that has for the most part been true the past 3 seasons they made the post season. You still expect him to show up in the playoffs and he was somewhat quiet in the first round against Chicago.

Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 02:41 PM
mitch27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
It seems to me that Vrby often has slowed down by the end of the season but I might just have that season he was an UFA and had that huge drought stuck in my head.

He's clearly not 100%, so hopefully a couple of days rest has been good for him, Hanzal, and everyone else nursing injuries.

Vrbata just doesn't strike me as being a playoff player. He has 4-6-10 in 26 playoff games career (.38 PPG) compared to .56 PPG during the regular season.

Frankly, Doan's lack of production has been much more of a concern for me. For years I always said this team would not make the playoffs if Shane Doan was their best player, and that has for the most part been true the past 3 seasons they made the post season. You still expect him to show up in the playoffs and he was somewhat quiet in the first round against Chicago.
I think Doan just doesn't have the speed anymore. I'm fine with him not putting up a bunch of points as long as he keeps running around hitting everything that moves.

mitch27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 02:46 PM
PhoPhan

Doan looks hurt to me, to be honest. I'm thinking shoulder. He's hitting, but not with the same ferocity, and he's been very hesitant to shoot.

PhoPhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 03:01 PM
strizzy16

Hopefully he comes out strong against the preds. Everyone was talking about the question marks in the secondary scoring before playoffs started -- the goals from brule and chip and pyatt were a huge boost against the hawks. But we definitely need some primary scoring against nashville, aka doan and vrby

And yeah doan wan't quite his usual physical presence, especially on the boards, in the last series. A lot of our offense comes from forechecking and turnovers so he's key.

strizzy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 03:01 PM
mitch27

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan View Post
Doan looks hurt to me, to be honest. I'm thinking shoulder. He's hitting, but not with the same ferocity, and he's been very hesitant to shoot.
You're probably right. Everyone else is, why can't he be?

Old
04-27-2012, 11:42 PM
BigGumby

Well, Vrby showed up tonight. Let's hope he can keep it up.

BigGumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 12:26 AM
mitch27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGumby View Post
Well, Vrby showed up tonight. Let's hope he can keep it up.
I found him! I found him!

Old
04-28-2012, 12:28 AM
Atrkl

So the line is reunited and healthy tonight and then they notch 2 goals... me like

Atrkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 12:44 AM
Winnipeg Jet
Phoenix Coyote

Why is it that the first thought I had after reading the title of this thread was to hum "Vrby, Vrby-do, where are you, we've got some work to do now"?

Winnipeg Jet is offline   Reply With Quote