HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Series Talk - WCSF - #3 Phoenix Coyotes 4 vs #4 Nashville Predators 1

Old
04-27-2012, 01:55 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

vCash: 500
So yo, maybe I'm just impatient but, where's the GDT?

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 01:58 AM
Shepard

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossxcheck View Post
I'm not saying I don't like our chances. I do think we have the better team top to bottom. But, I also know playing against a physical team with a hot netminder is not going to be easy.

Also, does the fact that we have a better regular season record than the Yotes, yet they get home ice because they won their weak division bother anyone else?
Honestly, I think it entirely depends on whether or not it favors you at the time. Back in the 2009 - 2010 season, I was a bit irritated we (Phoenix) had more points than Vancouver but had the 4th seed because of divisions, which meant we had to face a Detroit team that was red-hot heading into the playoffs instead of the Kings who were 4-3-3 in their last 10. I don't really mind having home ice now though (other than a bit worried about us being 1-2 at home in the playoffs the year).

Anyways, I won't wish you guys luck in the series, beyond hoping for an injury-free series.

I will say I like your team and fans though, so I'm hoping nothing happens on the ice or on the boards that changes that.

Last edited by Shepard: 04-27-2012 at 02:10 AM.
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 06:38 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

The full schedule with dates and times: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=629665

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 08:55 AM
tserberis*

Some negative for you: we are the only team that didn't get NBC showing.

Ready, steady, go!

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 11:01 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
Some negative for you: we are the only team that didn't get NBC showing.

Ready, steady, go!
I think the 8PM start time for wednesday sucks for anyone with a long drive home and work the next day....

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 12:36 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

First it was Detroyit, now it's the Coyooooooteeeeeees.

I'll bet Crispy is loving this postseason.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 12:40 PM
Shea Weber

Before the DET series is said..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea Weber View Post
Preds in 5.
So now I say.. Preds in 6.

Shea Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 01:32 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
First it was Detroyit, now it's the Coyooooooteeeeeees.

I'll bet Crispy is loving this postseason.
He does have problems with the pronunciation of that word....It's funny to hear him say it though......I'm glad I won't hear him no more this postseason....Even though the NBC announcers don't give us a lot of credit they do talk strategy more Terry ever does

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 01:33 PM
roseyc

I say the Preds in 5 and if Rinne is on top his game it could be sweep. We haven't played anywhere near our best hockey yet. Gill didn't play and I think eventually Wilson gets to play and make a somewhat of a difference

Old
04-27-2012, 01:39 PM
WartracePred

Since MIL was eliminated yesterday, will we see any of their players wih the Preds for the playoffs? Blum is heading this way, but he didn't say why. Any call ups official??

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 01:56 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by WartracePred View Post
Since MIL was eliminated yesterday, will we see any of their players wih the Preds for the playoffs? Blum is heading this way, but he didn't say why. Any call ups official??
We might see four or five called up as Black Aces, guys that just practice and only play in the direst of emergencies.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 02:14 PM
WartracePred

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
We might see four or five called up as Black Aces, guys that just practice and only play in the direst of emergencies.
We already have 3 forwards and 2 Dmen sitting. Wouldn't new guys just be in the way at practice. I'd rather have the coaching staff devoting their full attention to the guys who could realistically play. No one from MIL is going leapfrog the spare parts already with the team.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 06:41 PM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 4050
Vic Bartley also said on twitter that he was heading to Nashville, I'm guessing some meetings or something but not to play obviously.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 02:15 AM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

Paging mr underwood. You're not here just so you can tuck your wife in at night.

Oh and rinne, now is when you earn that 7 mil.

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 02:20 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Who does the next GDT?

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 02:35 AM
Reviled
Partisan

Of note, Preds play manufactured two goals. Coyotes play manufactured four goals. Without the lucky/fluke bounce on the first Preds goal this was not a close game. Coyotes looked very busy in the 3rd and OT, but not particularly harried or desperate.

Klein (to name only one) had easily his worst game of the playoffs. Disappointing for sure after stepping it up in the first round. Clearly the entire team thought this series would be a walk in the park.

Sunday's winner takes the series.

Reviled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 03:10 AM
cleangene

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds19 View Post
Paging mr underwood. You're not here just so you can tuck your wife in at night.

Oh and rinne, now is when you earn that 7 mil.
100 percent in agreement on first statement. As far as the second, I could be wrong, but a big chunk was earned getting us to where we are now.

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 03:15 AM
Neal Before Zod

Quote:
Originally Posted by One and Done View Post
Of note, Preds play manufactured two goals. Coyotes play manufactured four goals. Without the lucky/fluke bounce on the first Preds goal this was not a close game. Coyotes looked very busy in the 3rd and OT, but not particularly harried or desperate.

Klein (to name only one) had easily his worst game of the playoffs. Disappointing for sure after stepping it up in the first round. Clearly the entire team thought this series would be a walk in the park.

If you want to say we manufactured only 2, then you have to discount the Yotes last goal because it was in OT, and we wouldn't be there if we hadn't tied it. So it would've been 3-2.

And 3-2 IS a close game, like it or not.

And while Yip's goal was certainly off of a fortunate bounce, it's hard to say the Coyotes didn't benefit from the same sort of bounces...either producing chances, or taking away ours.

My question to you: if we win that game in overtime, did we "steal" one? I mean, because, as you say, it was "not a close game."

Neal Before Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 03:18 AM
Neal Before Zod

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleangene View Post
100 percent in agreement on first statement. As far as the second, I could be wrong, but a big chunk was earned getting us to where we are now.
I wish Fish would connect more on some of his shooting chances. What bothers me are the faceoffs. If he's going to be taking 26 draws, he has to win more than 10 of them. I'm fine with his defensive work, though.

Of course, Legwand played a pretty decent game, outside of being absolutely atrocious in the faceoff circle.

Old
04-28-2012, 03:19 AM
predwings

Quote:
Originally Posted by One and Done View Post

Negative, there were definitely some great bounces for the Coyotes. This game would be 2-2 without lucky bounces. They had 2 we had 1. We lost this game at the faceoff dot. Look at the % after this game it was awful for everyone.

predwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 03:22 AM
Neal Before Zod

Quote:
Originally Posted by predwings View Post
Negative, there were definitely some great bounces for the Coyotes. This game would be 2-2 without lucky bounces. They had 2 we had 1. We lost this game at the faceoff dot. Look at the % after this game it was awful for everyone.*
*except Gaustad (which makes me wonder why he only took 13 draws)

Old
04-28-2012, 05:34 AM
canadianpredsfan97

My thoughts on the game even though I didn't watch it, only listened to Pete & Terry from work tonight.

There's a reason why won the 4 games against Detroit. Scoring first is our best play to control tempo and the pace of the game. Against Phoenix we have to match them PP goal for PP goal or else they will kill us.

This is just hopefully something we'll learn from. Last year we finally won a Game 5 to control the series, finally won a couple of games in OT. And now if we win this series, we will win our first series that we trailed in.

Last edited by canadianpredsfan97: 04-28-2012 at 05:40 AM.
canadianpredsfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 08:27 AM
predfan98

Everybody (except the 4th line) was flat as a pancake and Rinne was only average.
All this talk about going to the net and we're ready was obviously a joke.
Weber, Suter.........and all the leaders and vets were not ready mentally or physically.
If we don't turn it around fast, we will get beat like a drum and out in 5.
(and Rad was horrid..... )
We are now underdogs, phoenix is hot and rolling...

i'm disgusted at the lack of effort and looking at you suter and weber mostly. All your bs talk about is this team is committed....The only time in the last month you played like you wanted it......the detroit series.... was that your audition tape, Suter?

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 08:39 AM
roseyc

From watching this game the Yotes are faster than the Wings. They play as a team. The pp except that one time looked bad. I liked the fact that Gill is in there but with Ellis out Sk is second unit on the pp point man....ugh. Rad is now a playmaker. Fisher had a awful game. I don't Rinne played bad but he didn't play great. Smith didn't play great we didn't generate enough offense for him. When the Cube is your finisher as the pinch your hurtin. Most of our shots are not getting to the net. The Yotes have seen tons of film on Weber shooting and this and that. The reason for the Erat goal was they didn't expect Suter to shoot and the puck got through. It was a wierd night and a wierd game and hopefully we can put it behind us. Rinne your going to have to steal another series for us

Old
04-28-2012, 08:44 AM
Legionnaire11

people are forgetting that the Yotes first goal banked in off a diving Josi, and the Preds got two more pucks past Smith after the whistle had gone.

All this talk of Preds are done in 4 and 5... this game didn't end the way we wanted it, but I doubt the rest of the series goes so well for Phoenix. the FO% can't be that bad every game, and from here on out the Preds won't be spending the first two periods finding their legs and timing. Expect a much better result on Sunday!

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote