HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

Konrad Abeltshauser signed to ELS

Old
04-13-2012, 06:41 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

vCash: 500
http://sharks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=627759

Sharks official announcement

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 06:45 PM
stalockrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
They should probably proofread that article...they called him a forward, UFA, blue liner and a Sharks draft pick - guess they wanted to cover all their bases.

stalockrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 09:08 PM
sjshark91

vCash: 2810
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalockrox View Post
They should probably proofread that article...they called him a forward, UFA, blue liner and a Sharks draft pick - guess they wanted to cover all their bases.
He's just. That. good....

sjshark91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 09:45 PM
SactoShork
The Youth Movement

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorntonfan97 View Post
KA needs to work on playing defense skating backwards usually players just blow right by him when he is skating backwards
I thought I remembered him being a very smooth and agile skater though? Maybe a little bit like Burns, if that isn't too far a stretch...

SactoShork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 09:49 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoShark View Post
I thought I remembered him being a very smooth and agile skater though? Maybe a little bit like Burns, if that isn't too far a stretch...
Come on, no one's as smooth a skater as Burns is. If a guy Konrad's size was as good a skater as Burnzie, he wouldn't have lasted until the 6th round. Teams would have taken him earlier as a project, just in case.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 10:20 PM
SactoShork
The Youth Movement

vCash: 50
Style... not skill. Compare with Doherty who looked like a baby moose trying to cross a frozen pond.

SactoShork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 10:29 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Style... not skill. Compare with Doherty who looked like a baby moose trying to cross a frozen pond.
No, I mean if there's a guy who's 6'5'' and can skate like Burns, there is no way he falls to the 6th round.

Old
04-13-2012, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Still does...

210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 10:33 PM
stalockrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
No, I mean if there's a guy who's 6'5'' and can skate like Burns, there is no way he falls to the 6th round.
If I remember right there wasn't a whole lot of consensus on where he'd go, some said 2nd round, some said 7th.

His skating isn't at Burns' level but he skate very well for a guy his size.

Old
04-13-2012, 10:35 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalockrox View Post
If I remember right there wasn't a whole lot of consensus on where he'd go, some said 2nd round, some said 7th.

His skating isn't at Burns' level but he skate very well for a guy his size.
Yes, he skates well for his size (I remember that from prospect tourney), but Burns skates well for anyone. That's what I was getting at.

And I remember almost nothing of his draft year, so I can't confirm or deny.

Old
04-14-2012, 12:36 AM
hohosaregood
Drunken Snacking

So is KA actually good or do we just think he's gonna be good like we thought Doherty was?

hohosaregood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 08:40 AM
Thorntonfan97
Josť Bautista-20 HR

Send a message via MSN to Thorntonfan97 Send a message via Yahoo to Thorntonfan97
Also throwing this out there but Konrad can shoot the puck as fast as anyone in the QMJHL he is Burns like but doesn't have the same skill Konrad is a smooth skater but he isn't good going backwards he also turns it over alot because of bonehead mistakes

Thorntonfan97 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 09:55 PM
DrewRemendasBaldHead

vCash: 341

That is all.

DrewRemendasBaldHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 02:57 AM
sub_zero94

haven't seen Konrad play much outside the WJs ...didnt notice much since his team was dominated except the fact that he took no prisoners defending the front of his net..

I read somewhere a scout thinks he has untapped offensive upside? anyone watch him in the Q that can shine a light on any truth to this?

sub_zero94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 09:56 AM
stalockrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub_zero94 View Post
haven't seen Konrad play much outside the WJs ...didnt notice much since his team was dominated except the fact that he took no prisoners defending the front of his net..

I read somewhere a scout thinks he has untapped offensive upside? anyone watch him in the Q that can shine a light on any truth to this?
He put up 44pts in 57 games this season and has 8pts in 8 games in the playoffs...he's shown his offensive upside.

The Mooseheads were down 3-0 to Patrick Roy's Remparts, have won the last 3 games are playing in game 7 tonight. I believe KA had 1g, 1a and was +3 last night.

Old
04-17-2012, 08:13 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Halifax Mooseheads ‏ @HFXMooseheads
Konrad Abeltshauser has been laid out about 4 times hard and played well over half the game.

Old
04-17-2012, 08:59 PM
stalockrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Halifax Mooseheads ‏ @HFXMooseheads
Konrad Abeltshauser has been laid out about 4 times hard and played well over half the game.
That game has been unreal - the Moose were down 2-0, 3-1, then 4-3 and their captain has all 4 goals.

Edit: And they just won it in OT...came back from being down 3-0 in the series! Amazing...I bet Patrick Roy is having a meltdown!!

Old
04-18-2012, 01:24 PM
Stephen23

Hey Guys, I wrote this in your prospect board but figured I would paste it in here for you to chew on also. Cheers!

Hey guys, just wanted to chime in on Abeltshauser. I had not been following the Mooseheads really with the exception of the big name players (Frk, MacKinnon and Drouin). I have been to three playoff games for the Mooseheads and Abeltshauser has clearly been the standout for the Mooseheads defence. He caught my attention without knowing anything about him (Especially during game 5 against Quebec). I even made note of him in the Maple Leafs draft thread as someone to potentially keep an eye on (Didn't know what his status was, he just caught my eye and impressed me). The only reason I knew he had already been drafted was because it was mentioned on the jumbotron that he had signed with the Sharks. Either way, just wanted to mention that I think you guys have a stud on your hands. I wouldn't rush him nor do I think he is ready, but I see a lot of Carl Gunnarsson in his game (Both late draft choices). But perhaps slightly better offensive and lesser on the defense. He doesn't seem to panic and seems to know what he is doing when he gets the puck. Take your time to develop him slowly and who knows. But you guys got a kid to keep your eyes on.

Stephen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 02:19 PM
Thorntonfan97
Josť Bautista-20 HR

Send a message via MSN to Thorntonfan97 Send a message via Yahoo to Thorntonfan97
Wow what a game last night! Critchlow had 4 and Jonathan Drouin had the OT winner

The Moose goalie Zach Fucale is going to be a beast when he is developed the kids special

Also nice to see some Sharks fans cheering for the Moose

Thorntonfan97 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 11:07 AM
redfish

watching his team get hammered 6-0 right now, but my sense is KA has some skill and promise, but may have the sam "heavy foot" syndrome as some other Shark defense prospects. Hopefully his skating and quickness develops over the next couple years.

redfish is offline   Reply With Quote