HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

stuck w/NBCS or do we have options?

Old
04-28-2012, 11:57 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
1994 I lived out of state and had to listen to Green and Clement almost every Ranger playoff game, and that was cool, at least I got to see the games living out of NY.

But I can't understand how we watch 80 plus games with Sam and Joe and at the most important time of the year we have to sub them out, for an annoying as annoying gets devs announcer in Emerick and his list of horrible hockey analogies.

Sam may be slippin the last few years but the excitement and emotion in his voice cannot be matched.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 12:18 PM
allstar3970

You guys are nuts. Emrick is awesome.

allstar3970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 12:34 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstar3970 View Post
You guys are nuts. Emrick is awesome.
You either like 'shovel shot' or you don't

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 12:39 PM
Jacques Strap

Is the game on NBC or NBCS (the old Versus channel)?

Jacques Strap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 12:57 PM
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Strap View Post
Is the game on NBC or NBCS (the old Versus channel)?
Game today is on actual network television. NBC.

charlie460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 01:14 PM
RM7

No pregame show on MSG?

RM7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 01:23 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Ranger View Post
Woah! What's what up with the hate for Hayward? Thought he called an even-handed analysis during the Rangers-Sens series. And IMO, he does a heckuva job during the regular season for Ducks games. He's not a homer announcer, by any means.

LOL! I thought it was Doc who sounded like a slightly lower-pitched Gilbert Gottfried.
I thought Hayward did a terrible job during the Ottawa series, I understand the David vs Goliath story an 8 vs 1 series makes but I thought he went over a bit. One example during the Neil kick in controversy it took him about 10 minutes to see both the kick and the push with the stick by Neil.

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 01:40 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by RM7 View Post
No pregame show on MSG?
I'm shocked.

The pregame show sure as hell would get better ratings then whatever crap they usually have on MSG

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 02:54 PM
WheresBarnaby

I'm so pissed about this

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 05:44 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Best thing about the NBC broadcasts is the increased audio from the arena and on the ice. If you watch with a surround sound system, and crank the volume, you almost feel like you're at MSG with the volume of the fans cheering. Those OVIE-SUCKS chants were great to hear.

MSG needs to stop drowning out the noise, it really affects the viewing experience.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 10:48 PM
ohbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
1994 I lived out of state and had to listen to Green and Clement almost every Ranger playoff game, and that was cool, at least I got to see the games living out of NY.

But I can't understand how we watch 80 plus games with Sam and Joe and at the most important time of the year we have to sub them out, for an annoying as annoying gets devs announcer in Emerick and his list of horrible hockey analogies.

Sam may be slippin the last few years but the excitement and emotion in his voice cannot be matched.
I'm right with you on this. Sam is being left out in the cold and it's our loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Best thing about the NBC broadcasts is the increased audio from the arena and on the ice. If you watch with a surround sound system, and crank the volume, you almost feel like you're at MSG with the volume of the fans cheering. Those OVIE-SUCKS chants were great to hear.

MSG needs to stop drowning out the noise, it really affects the viewing experience.
This is a good point. Haven't even noticed MSG drowning out the crowd til watching NBC lately.

ohbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 10:55 PM
Cresto
Much Disappoint

Stream it! Someone might have said this but Jim Houston (The guy that pronounces Lundqvist beautifully) for CBC does an amazing job. Him alone is greater or equal to the entire NBC crew. Also, Houston is a Lundqvist fan. He might not do every game but considering no Canadian teams are left, there's a better than not chance that he'll cover the "big games" and between the series that are left, our series probably attracts the most attention.

Cresto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 10:59 PM
Cresto
Much Disappoint

or we could all pretend to hear Sam and Joe. Watching games, we had vivid and salient memories of various calls throughout the years and I do my best to hear their voices over the **** disturbers at NBC. I usually just end up screaming out the names of the rangers goal scorers like Sam does. Having that said, hopefully richie gets a few more. It's fun to scream out that one... I can see why Sam does it

Cresto is offline   Reply With Quote