HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Show Yourself - Pictures, Video, and Gear Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-12-2012, 09:23 AM
  #51
ChiTownHawks
HFBoards Sponsor
 
ChiTownHawks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Orland Park, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,287
vCash: 500
Here's a pic of me getting a shot off last week. I telegraphed it though and the goalie got it high glove side.

ChiTownHawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 10:03 PM
  #52
mug25
Registered User
 
mug25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 321
vCash: 500



mug25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 10:03 PM
  #53
mug25
Registered User
 
mug25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 321
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownHawks View Post
Here's a pic of me getting a shot off last week. I telegraphed it though and the goalie got it high glove side.

Hello there fellow MSH member

mug25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 10:18 PM
  #54
qmechanic
Registered User
 
qmechanic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 99
vCash: 500
These photos are about five years old. I'm #55, which is not my usual number. I have pretty much all new equipment now. But back then I had Nike Bauer 8500 helmet with Itech FX-50 combo, Louisville TPS 808 shoulder pads, Tackla 9000 Air pants, Jofa 9040 shin pads, Eagle X40 gloves, TPS XN10 shaft with Sherwood woody blade in Crosby pattern, and Graf Supra 502 skates.







I also do some hockey photography from time to time. I shot my team at a tournament in Vermont once, using pro lenses. Let me know if you're interested in seeing the photos!


Last edited by qmechanic: 04-14-2012 at 10:36 PM.
qmechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 12:41 PM
  #55
ChiTownHawks
HFBoards Sponsor
 
ChiTownHawks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Orland Park, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mug25 View Post
Hello there fellow MSH member
Haha, yep you'll see a lot of double posts from as far as pictures go if you visit both sites.

ChiTownHawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 05:26 AM
  #56
Brunomics
Registered User
 
Brunomics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Medford
Country: United States
Posts: 5,546
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post










All a couple of years old. Wearing One100 skates now. #24 white/orange/blue
I played for them back in 2001-2002 before transferring back home Was Lance still coaching?

Brunomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 04:14 PM
  #57
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunomics View Post
I played for them back in 2001-2002 before transferring back home Was Lance still coaching?
Nah, long gone. Still officially the 'program director' but has virtually no involvement. We had to go pick up some invoices from him a couple of times and we ordered new uniforms they were shipped to his house, so I met him a few times, but otherwise, no involvement. You may have known Joey Verney... quite a character... he ended up coaching eventually.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 02:51 PM
  #58
Wilch
Unregistered User
 
Wilch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Under your bed
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 9,254
vCash: 500


I'm #7, bottom right.

This is the only beer league in Shanghai.

Wilch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 07:16 PM
  #59
AIREAYE
Moderator
 
AIREAYE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: China
Posts: 3,633
vCash: 500
The dude in the red helmet looks like he's on something.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 11:46 PM
  #60
Wilch
Unregistered User
 
Wilch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Under your bed
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 9,254
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
The dude in the red helmet looks like he's on something.
He's our team captain. I think he's a bit out of it because we just lost in the league finals (and the fact that he shortened the bench in the end and was exhausted as hell).

But I'll have to say, this league doesn't really enforce anything like no drinking in the locker room or outside in the parking lot.... So a lot of folks do come into the games a bit tipsy, with key games such as the finals being an exception.

Wilch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 04:16 AM
  #61
WhatThePuck
"Shoots Wide" !!!
 
WhatThePuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,796
vCash: 500

WhatThePuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 08:07 AM
  #62
Droid6
Registered User
 
Droid6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Norfolk, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 99
vCash: 500
Not the greatest pictures but they were the only ones I could find where I was actually doing something because my wife always takes pictures of me when I'm just standing there most of the time.






Droid6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 09:00 AM
  #63
Wilch
Unregistered User
 
Wilch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Under your bed
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 9,254
vCash: 500
Sweet photos Droid6. Nice looking jerseys too.

Wilch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 11:25 AM
  #64
ChiTownHawks
HFBoards Sponsor
 
ChiTownHawks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Orland Park, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilch View Post


I'm #7, bottom right.

This is the only beer league in Shanghai.
Love the old school "Quaker" jerseys.

ChiTownHawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 07:13 PM
  #65
Royal Canuck
Go Jumbo Joe!
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,195
vCash: 814
Totally forgot I had this video, The latest footage is from 2 Summers ago.

__________________

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
PSN - TBennz
"You're never a loser until you quit trying. " - Mike Ditka
Royal Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 07:17 PM
  #66
Propane Nightmares
Sales & Marketing
 
Propane Nightmares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 48,972
vCash: 500
An offside washout signal to rival those of the NHL linesmen


Propane Nightmares is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 10:47 PM
  #67
Wilch
Unregistered User
 
Wilch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Under your bed
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 9,254
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 Problems View Post
An offside washout signal to rival those of the NHL linesmen

This is a rec league right? Looks really professional.

Wilch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 10:57 PM
  #68
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
 
LatvianTwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Houston
Country: Tibet
Posts: 18,484
vCash: 500






Maroon M11 Helmet
Vapor XXXX Maroon Gloves (Not Pictured)
CCM U+ Pro Stick
CCM U+ 07 Skates

Reebok 7K Shinguards
Easton S17 Elbow Pads
Bauer XXXX Shoulder Pads
Tackla Pants (No idea which ones)

I like to be color coordinated.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 07:32 AM
  #69
Propane Nightmares
Sales & Marketing
 
Propane Nightmares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 48,972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilch View Post
This is a rec league right? Looks really professional.
No it's semi-pro, British 2nd tier. It's a lot better than you would assume it is, it is basically the feeder league for British players to the top tier which is compared to ECHL standard. This league has guys who have played in the Q, WHL, ECHL, Swedish D1, French top league, Slovak and Czech Extraliga's, a fair amount of NHL drafted guys. They're all the imports of course (4 per team) but there are some good British guys like David Longstaff who played in the SEL for a season, and of course the great Tony Hand drafted by the Oilers, I've never lined a game where he was playing though

Propane Nightmares is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 10:33 AM
  #70
clayman
Registered User
 
clayman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tigard, Oregon
Country: United States
Posts: 236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownHawks View Post
And here they are. I'll post more pics in the post your teams jerseys thread.

Even if the colors are off, you still did a great job on the design! Very nice job, I'm impressed!

What is healthy scratch by the way?

clayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 10:35 AM
  #71
clayman
Registered User
 
clayman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tigard, Oregon
Country: United States
Posts: 236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by beth View Post


This is my favorite picture of me playing since you can see how happy I am!
This to me is what it's all about, having fun! Very cool Beth!

clayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 10:38 AM
  #72
donkers*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 Problems View Post
No it's semi-pro, British 2nd tier. It's a lot better than you would assume it is, it is basically the feeder league for British players to the top tier which is compared to ECHL standard. This league has guys who have played in the Q, WHL, ECHL, Swedish D1, French top league, Slovak and Czech Extraliga's, a fair amount of NHL drafted guys. They're all the imports of course (4 per team) but there are some good British guys like David Longstaff who played in the SEL for a season, and of course the great Tony Hand drafted by the Oilers, I've never lined a game where he was playing though
How do you go about getting recognized by British scouts? What's a step below the 2nd tier league? Is it comparable to CHL or SPHL here in the States?

donkers* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 10:59 AM
  #73
Propane Nightmares
Sales & Marketing
 
Propane Nightmares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 48,972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkers View Post
How do you go about getting recognized by British scouts? What's a step below the 2nd tier league? Is it comparable to CHL or SPHL here in the States?
We don't have any scouts lol, teams have connections and contacts to help them sign players. To be honest I don't really know how it works, players recommend other players I guess, and you could always just send an email expressing interest and say what level you have played and your stats.

The 2nd tier league on the whole is around SPHL standard I would guess, if you are North American you need an EU passport to play in the 2nd tier or below, something to do with laws on needing work permits to live in the country.

For this reason there aren't many Canadian players in the league, most of the imports are Eastern European. The ones who are Canadian are just guys who have been in the country for a number of years and played in the top league or the old 2nd tier, so they have citizenship or passports or whatever.

This is the league page for the 2nd tier so you can look at the quality of guys in the league, as an import you are expected to be significantly better than a vast majority of the British players.
http://www.eliteprospects.com/league...p?leagueid=193

I'm not sure what level in NA I would compare the 3rd tier to, but these guys were the top scorers:
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=83494
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=132906


Last edited by Propane Nightmares: 05-15-2012 at 11:06 AM.
Propane Nightmares is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 11:17 AM
  #74
ChiTownHawks
HFBoards Sponsor
 
ChiTownHawks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Orland Park, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by clayman View Post
Even if the colors are off, you still did a great job on the design! Very nice job, I'm impressed!

What is healthy scratch by the way?
Thanks man.

A healthy scratch is someone who is healthy enough to play but is scratched from that nights lineup anyways. Normally they are the least skilled players on the team.

ChiTownHawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 11:28 AM
  #75
donkers*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 Problems View Post
We don't have any scouts lol, teams have connections and contacts to help them sign players. To be honest I don't really know how it works, players recommend other players I guess, and you could always just send an email expressing interest and say what level you have played and your stats.

The 2nd tier league on the whole is around SPHL standard I would guess, if you are North American you need an EU passport to play in the 2nd tier or below, something to do with laws on needing work permits to live in the country.

For this reason there aren't many Canadian players in the league, most of the imports are Eastern European. The ones who are Canadian are just guys who have been in the country for a number of years and played in the top league or the old 2nd tier, so they have citizenship or passports or whatever.

This is the league page for the 2nd tier so you can look at the quality of guys in the league, as an import you are expected to be significantly better than a vast majority of the British players.
http://www.eliteprospects.com/league...p?leagueid=193

I'm not sure what level in NA I would compare the 3rd tier to, but these guys were the top scorers:
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=83494
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=132906
Wow, 3rd tier is good Junior A and D3 players? That's pretty good. I know a guy who I played Juniors with who went on to play Czech League 2 so I was kind of hoping the 3rd Tier would be lower American Junior A caliber.

donkers* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:29 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.