HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Series Talk - WCSF - #3 Phoenix Coyotes 4 vs #4 Nashville Predators 1

Old
04-28-2012, 09:01 AM
RaiderDoug

vCash: 500
Re-watched the 3rd and OT on DVR.

All I can say is we got Nashville Predator-ed. That's how we usually win games.

FWIW, we're clearly the better team, but got beat by some great goaltending and some lucky bounces by the Coyotes. Also, we were a little rusty.

I'm feeling good about game 2.

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 09:13 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
Everybody (except the 4th line) was flat as a pancake and Rinne was only average.
All this talk about going to the net and we're ready was obviously a joke.
Weber, Suter.........and all the leaders and vets were not ready mentally or physically.
If we don't turn it around fast, we will get beat like a drum and out in 5.
(and Rad was horrid..... )
We are now underdogs, phoenix is hot and rolling...

i'm disgusted at the lack of effort and looking at you suter and weber mostly. All your bs talk about is this team is committed....The only time in the last month you played like you wanted it......the detroit series.... was that your audition tape, Suter?
I have to disagree. I thought the team played well for a majority of the game. Rinne had a bad game (first goal was a great shot, but Rinne should have had it. Boedker's goal Rinne had no excuse. Klein had the pass covered, so his job was done. The OT goal I think Rinne should have also had.) There were some blown assignments which led to good chances or goals. The forwards were awful in the face off dot. It doesn't help that our centers kept getting tossed all night.

Those are certainly some negatives I also saw, but...

There are several times in the game where the Preds just took over, and if not for some good (and a few lucky) stops by Smith we are celebrating a win today. Radulov put on a clinic at points. His ability to handle the puck is awesome to see. Unfortunately, Legwand had a pretty bad game. He killed numerous chances with terrible passes. The entire third period and OT were controlled by the Preds until Kostitsyn's stupid icing.

I think the Preds have or will figure the Yotes out for game two. It'll still be a hard fought game, but I think Nashville is going to turn it up another notch.

The PP has absolutely got to get going. The faceoffs have to be better. Rinne has got to be better (go back to your old mask!). The forwards need to consistently get traffic to the net. They did a good job of crashing at times, but they have to do it every time. Smith will kick out rebounds, but if we aren't beating the Yotes players to those rebounds then what good is it?

On to game 2

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 10:49 AM
wadesworld

I don't understand the "Radulov was horrible" comments. He had maybe one bad turnover, but otherwise controlled the puck well and created some good chances. With that said, I certainly wish he would have shot a few of those rather than skating them into the corner and passing back.

wadesworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 11:13 AM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I have to disagree. I thought the team played well for a majority of the game. Rinne had a bad game (first goal was a great shot, but Rinne should have had it. Boedker's goal Rinne had no excuse. Klein had the pass covered, so his job was done. The OT goal I think Rinne should have also had.) There were some blown assignments which led to good chances or goals. The forwards were awful in the face off dot. It doesn't help that our centers kept getting tossed all night.

Those are certainly some negatives I also saw, but...

There are several times in the game where the Preds just took over, and if not for some good (and a few lucky) stops by Smith we are celebrating a win today. Radulov put on a clinic at points. His ability to handle the puck is awesome to see. Unfortunately, Legwand had a pretty bad game. He killed numerous chances with terrible passes. The entire third period and OT were controlled by the Preds until Kostitsyn's stupid icing.

I think the Preds have or will figure the Yotes out for game two. It'll still be a hard fought game, but I think Nashville is going to turn it up another notch.

The PP has absolutely got to get going. The faceoffs have to be better. Rinne has got to be better (go back to your old mask!). The forwards need to consistently get traffic to the net. They did a good job of crashing at times, but they have to do it every time. Smith will kick out rebounds, but if we aren't beating the Yotes players to those rebounds then what good is it?

On to game 2
I agree with most of what you said....despite that Rinne didn't play great we could have won the game. But Fisher and Legwand just played awful. I said earlier with Ellis on the point of the second unit it seem that both units play better. Sk doesn't cut it as point man because he doesn't shoot enough to give them that threat. That being said the ice was bad and bounces occured. Weber needs to be in beast mode again and it's funny when Gill plays good Weber and Suter don't maybe it's a coincident. The storyline is they play the same way we play but they have a 30+ goal in Vrbata. We'll see how the Preds come out. This is first series they have started on the road it does make a difference but we have to adjust.

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 11:31 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadesworld View Post
I don't understand the "Radulov was horrible" comments. He had maybe one bad turnover, but otherwise controlled the puck well and created some good chances. With that said, I certainly wish he would have shot a few of those rather than skating them into the corner and passing back.
He did do a great job of skating the puck around the ice .... he gave it a wonderful tour of the facility each time. Zero shots on goal was the result. Smith isn't going to give up goals on the skate around. We need to get in his face, get him scrambling to collect rebounds down low, and put them past him.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 11:39 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Sounds like a job for Mr. Hornqvist.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 11:42 AM
preds1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
He did do a great job of skating the puck around the ice .... he gave it a wonderful tour of the facility each time. Zero shots on goal was the result. Smith isn't going to give up goals on the skate around. We need to get in his face, get him scrambling to collect rebounds down low, and put them past him.

Agree about getting in his face and rebounds. Saw little traffic last night.

AK and Erat got their goals off rebounds. Need more of that.

preds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 12:51 PM
Tom Polakis
W-L-W-L-W-L...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadesworld View Post
I don't understand the "Radulov was horrible" comments...
Really? I was at the game, and the first thing I did was look in the program to answer, "who is this #47 guy?" And he only got more impressive as the game went on.

Since I only had a chance to see the Preds a couple times this season, I had no idea they were this good top to bottom. Unless luck again favors the Coyotes in upcoming games, there's no way your team doesn't take this series.

Tom Polakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 12:58 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

No words, if the refs called the game correctly we should have a 1-0 series lead right now ... but se la vie ... I'll try to keep my twitter comments void from here, else I believe I'll be banned for life

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 01:20 PM
canadianpredsfan97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarding Assets View Post
No words, if the refs called the game correctly we should have a 1-0 series lead right now ... but se la vie ... I'll try to keep my twitter comments void from here, else I believe I'll be banned for life
No sorry dude I'm a preds fan and I can't agree with that. We still could've better to overcome things like officiating. If everything was by the book and the league followed through Weber would have been suspended and who knows how many games it might have taken to beat Detroit. I think we still would've but that is beyond the point.

We were rusty from being off a week. We'll be better, tighter defensively and much better with faceoffs. Tomorrow night can't come soon enough.

canadianpredsfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 01:57 PM
dulzhok

I think we played well especially in the 3rd and OT-- vastly outplayed them. But that's the same thing Chicago said.

Our guys with scoring ability are going to HAVE to capitalize.

Radulov has shown he has the ability to control the play, now SCORE. SK, Fisher, and others who have shown very little in POs (and the previous 15 games)... SCORE. They aren't even creating offensive chances for that matter.

I don't get the hate on Suter and Weber. They played pretty good IMO. Klein and Josi had horrible gaffes (this is what Phoenix thrives off of). Legwand follows up a great game 5 vs Detroit with crap.

As well as Klein played vs Detroit, we know he's a ticking time bomb waiting to explode. Now that Gill is back, we need to limit his minutes.

We still have a good chance, but we need to limit gaffes and get our supposed 'scorers' scoring.

Last edited by dulzhok: 04-28-2012 at 02:06 PM.
dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 02:03 PM
ChesterCopperpot1

Quote:
Honestly I didn't think the refs were bad, I thought the offsides calls were so inconsistent

ChesterCopperpot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 02:19 PM
ninetynine*

Why is Jake MacLellan up if he's the 15th of 16 forwards and will never play?

ninetynine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 02:22 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandyfan84 View Post
Honestly I didn't think the refs were bad, I thought the offsides calls were so inconsistent
Other than the "I lost sight of the puck" call, which is garbage (get yourself in better position to see the play) I agree

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 03:11 PM
ChesterCopperpot1

Quote:
Other than the "I lost sight of the puck" call, which is garbage (get yourself in better position to see the play) I agree
You mean the premature whistle tht cost the Preds a goal....yeah, that was a horrid call

ChesterCopperpot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 03:14 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetynine View Post
Why is Jake MacLellan up if he's the 15th of 16 forwards and will never play?
He was a college free agent signing. Plus, Milwaukee's season is over.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 03:26 PM
jmack4

Is it time to give Colin Wilson a game - perhaps in place of SK74. Or give him a game on the 4th line with Smith and Gaustad?

jmack4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 03:37 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstreet View Post
Vic Bartley also said on twitter that he was heading to Nashville, I'm guessing some meetings or something but not to play obviously.
Bartley didn't play in Games 1 and 2 in Milwaukee. An "upper body injury". That is a nice way of saying that those so-and-so Checkers twisted his arm in the last game of the season in Milwaukee. Makes me glad that Charlotte lost 6-1 and was eliminated from the playoffs by playing that game like a bunch of Slapshot goons! Victor did play Game 3 and scored a goal.

Last edited by adsfan: 04-28-2012 at 03:43 PM.
adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 03:42 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandyfan84 View Post
You mean the premature whistle tht cost the Preds a goal....yeah, that was a horrid call
You mean the first one? The second whistle was clearly a no goal to me.

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 04:08 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmack4 View Post
Is it time to give Colin Wilson a game - perhaps in place of SK74. Or give him a game on the 4th line with Smith and Gaustad?
As much as I want to see him in there, I can't see us changing our current lineup. I thought our 4th line of Smith-Gaustad-Yip was terrific. I wouldn't mess with that. And sitting SK simply isn't going to happen this late into the season even though I'm pretty frustrated with him as well.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 04:13 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
As much as I want to see him in there, I can't see us changing our current lineup. I thought our 4th line of Smith-Gaustad-Yip was terrific. I wouldn't mess with that. And sitting SK simply isn't going to happen this late into the season even though I'm pretty frustrated with him as well.
We have to sit SK. If we are worried about Wilson turning the puck over, put in Matt Halishuk instead. No way Hali is worse than SK right now. He also has some scoring ability and is going to hustle his *** off.

Sit SK. The time has come.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 05:15 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

How many times did SK keep the puck in at the point on one PP alone?

He's obviously doing more to meet the staff's desires than Wilson.

I'm questioning why Halischuk was out. He's been the best performing 4th liner all season. There's no reason for him to sit if healthy.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 05:32 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:

I'm questioning why Halischuk was out. He's been the best performing 4th liner all season. There's no reason for him to sit if healthy.
thank you... the fact that halischuk sat in favor of smith and yip is a joke. im assuming he is healthy considering we were off a week and no reports. makes no sense but whats new.. we are constantly questioning trotz's lineup decisions.

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 05:46 PM
predfan98

Quote:

I have to assume that he has a nagging injury....

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 05:48 PM
cleangene

Coach said on XM radio interview that Hali was healthy. As to why Smith instead of him..????????????????????

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote