HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Roster Talk '12 — Germany

Old
04-28-2012, 07:47 AM
Maverick41

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
and he was so bad that it wasn't even funny anymore. never seen him as bad as he was for brynas in some games. so that's really not a good argument.
You actually saw some of his games? I only followed his stats, and after a terrible start his stats at least got better and were not that bad in the end.

Maverick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 07:57 AM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick41 View Post
You actually saw some of his games? I only followed his stats, and after a terrible start his stats at least got better and were not that bad in the end.
yeah, i watched a lot of his games in sweden. a german in elitserien, that was something i didn't want to miss.

he got better, that is true. but he was nowhere near the level he's able to play. i'm not against using him for the WC, actually i want him to be there because he really lacks national team experience and it's a good chance to get some games. could be useful for the future. but his struggle on the small rink in sweden was very obvious. he doesn't have 20 games this year to get it going. the WC is a bit shorter.

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 09:53 AM
smitty10

Quote:
and he was so bad that it wasn't even funny anymore. never seen him as bad as he was for brynas in some games. so that's really not a good argument.
Ahh, I didn't realize he was that bad. Maybe he's just better suited for North American ice? I figured he had a good season last year considering he got a 2 year deal from the Sharks.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 02:29 PM
sturmthis
@Zen_44

Germany lost vs Slovakia 5-4 in a shootout tonight, but they still won the Slovakia Cup. Reimer was named MVP of the tournament and Endras best goaltender.

Endras was in net again.

PERIOD TIME TEAM SCORE SCORER (ASSISTANCE)
1 01:39 SVK 1:0 91 Michel Miklík (78 Kristián Kudroč, 90 Tomáš Tatár) EQ
1 07:35 GER 1:1 37 Patrick Reimer (87 Philip Gogulla, 5 Tim Schüle) EQ
1 14:33 GER 1:2 37 Patrick Reimer (86 Daniel Pietta, 87 Philip Gogulla) EQ
2 22:28 SVK 2:2 25 Marek Hovorka (11 Rastislav Špirko, 8 Martin Cibák) EQ
2 27:03 SVK 3:2 18 Miroslav Šatan (4 Michal Sersen, 43 Tomáš Surový) EQ
2 35:51 GER 3:3 37 Patrick Reimer (3 Justin Krueger, 87 Philip Gogulla) EQ
3 44:09 SVK 4:3 43 Tomáš Surový (21 Libor Hudáček, 85 Peter Mikuš) EQ
3 56:34 GER 4:4 82 Sinan Akdag EQ
4 --- SVK 5:4 71 Juraj Mikuš GWS

The team for WC will be named tomorrow

Last edited by sturmthis: 04-28-2012 at 02:36 PM. Reason: R
sturmthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 04:32 PM
Sanderson

Actually, the roster was just announced

goal:
Dennis Endras, Dimitrij Kotschnew, Dimitri Pätzold

defense:
Sinan Akdag, Christopher Fischer, Nikolai Goc, Justin Krueger, Kevin Lavallee, Florian Ondruschka, Denis Reul, Christoph Schubert

offense:
Alexander Barta, Philip Gogulla, Thomas Greilinger, Sebastian Furchner, Marcel Goc, Kai Hospelt, Evan Kaufmann, Marcus Kink, Frank Mauer, André Rankel, Patrick Reimer, Felix Schütz, John Tripp, Christoph Ullmann

Cut were Moritz Müller, Felix Petermann and Tim Schüle on defense and Martin Buchwieser, Jerome Flaake and Daniel Pietta on offense.

Sanderson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 04:08 AM
Maverick41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderson View Post
Actually, the roster was just announced

goal:
Dennis Endras, Dimitrij Kotschnew, Dimitri Pätzold

defense:
Sinan Akdag, Christopher Fischer, Nikolai Goc, Justin Krueger, Kevin Lavallee, Florian Ondruschka, Denis Reul, Christoph Schubert

offense:
Alexander Barta, Philip Gogulla, Thomas Greilinger, Sebastian Furchner, Marcel Goc, Kai Hospelt, Evan Kaufmann, Marcus Kink, Frank Mauer, André Rankel, Patrick Reimer, Felix Schütz, John Tripp, Christoph Ullmann

Cut were Moritz Müller, Felix Petermann and Tim Schüle on defense and Martin Buchwieser, Jerome Flaake and Daniel Pietta on offense.
I am starting to not like our new coach.

I really liked Schüle in the games I watched, and while I understand that we are lacking some defensively responsible defenders, I don't like the fact that Lavallee and Ondruschka are on the team.
But what really bothers me is that Pietta was cut, while two, undoubtedly skilled but often lazy, players like Gogulla and Greilinger are on the team.

Also, while I liked his effort in the friendlies, I am not really sold on Furchner.

No, I am not very happy with this. But then again, I was complaining about some of Krupp's decisions and they mostly worked out quite well in the end.

Old
04-29-2012, 04:19 AM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

Quote:

defense:
Sinan Akdag, Christopher Fischer,
Kevin Lavallee, Florian Ondruschka,

offense:
Sebastian Furchner, Evan Kaufmann, Christoph Ullmann

Not very good players.

TheFatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 05:09 AM
Sanderson

I'm not really happy with the selection either. Müller definately should have been ahead of Lavallee, Ondruschka or Reul, just like Greiss should have made the team in favour of Pätzold. How Pietta didn't make it is beyond me. I would have taken Pietta, Olver or Flaake ahead of Furchner as well.

In the end it's the team-effort that matters, and sometimes the not so obvious choice ends up being a good one. But right now, I don't really see it.

Old
04-29-2012, 08:44 AM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by landskronala View Post
Not very good players.
akdag and especially fischer are among the best Ds in the DEL. they are good players. especially fischer is on his way to become an important piece of the national team IMO.

ullmann once was a warrior, especially on penalty killing. but somehow he doesn't thrill me as much as he did in the past. with 28 he should be in his peak, but it feels like he's on a decline. or maybe the others players just got better. not sure.

i think in general there's a bit more depth in germany than in the past. the amount of potential national team players is a bit higher. but there's still not enough talent to make a difference.

Old
04-29-2012, 08:50 AM
zecke26

Quote:
I'm not really happy with the selection either. Müller definately should have been ahead of Lavallee, Ondruschka or Reul, just like Greiss should have made the team in favour of Pätzold. How Pietta didn't make it is beyond me. I would have taken Pietta, Olver or Flaake ahead of Furchner as well.

In the end it's the team-effort that matters, and sometimes the not so obvious choice ends up being a good one. But right now, I don't really see it.
i would have taken 10 others goalies ahead of paetzold, but that's just me i guess.
shouldn't matter though, since i think endras is the clear #1 and if he's able to play like the did all season there won't be a problem at all.

pietta i agree with. he made huge steps forward. but probably his tank is empty. might always be a factor. that's the reason for flaake IMO who didn't look as powerful as he was earlier in the season.

defense is the weakness of this team i'd say. and i wonder why baxmann never gets the chance. he's rock solid in berlin and i miss such a guy on this team.

but after all, the exhibition games were quite good as they team was able to play as a team, so i expect them to finish top10. maybe quarterfinals, maybe not. but 5th in the group should be possible.

Old
04-29-2012, 08:57 AM
Maverick41

Quote:
Not very good players.
I have no problem with Fischer, who is pretty good actually, and Akdag is still young and could be a regular in the future.

However I would have hoped to see Baxmann get a chance, since we are missing guys like Hördler and C.Braun who would have been locks to make the team.

Furchner was probably selected as a role player, but I'm still think we have much better forwards than him and better than Kaufmann.
Ullmann I am ok with, not a big fan, but he brings some grit and experience.

Old
04-29-2012, 09:03 AM
Maverick41

Quote:
i would have taken 10 others goalies ahead of paetzold, but that's just me i guess.
shouldn't matter though, since i think endras is the clear #1 and if he's able to play like the did all season there won't be a problem at all.

pietta i agree with. he made huge steps forward. but probably his tank is empty. might always be a factor. that's the reason for flaake IMO who didn't look as powerful as he was earlier in the season.

defense is the weakness of this team i'd say. and i wonder why baxmann never gets the chance. he's rock solid in berlin and i miss such a guy on this team.

but after all, the exhibition games were quite good as they team was able to play as a team, so i expect them to finish top10. maybe quarterfinals, maybe not. but 5th in the group should be possible.
I am not a big fan of Pätzold, but I liked him in the exhibition games he's played in. Not that he was amazing, but he was much better than I have seen him play in a long time (in the national team that is).

With Endras being the clear cut #1 I really hope we don't end up in any shootouts.
I wish that if we did, that the coaches would put the backup in for the shootout.

Old
04-29-2012, 09:40 AM
Joey Banana

Quote:
With Endras being the clear cut #1 I really hope we don't end up in any shootouts.
I wish that if we did, that the coaches would put the backup in for the shootout.
Seriously? I can still sense some ******** about Endras´ PO run.

Well, and finally Ondruschka gets his chance. Reul and Lavallee are for "size matters", i guess () and i do not really like the idea of evan kaufmann being on the team. At least Flaake would have brough some talent.

But i can understand the decision. Pietta seems to have some kind of personal problems (i think i read something about it) right now and Flaake is not matured enough to play on this stage of hockey yet. Also i am very happy for Akdag and Mauer.

And i hope that Ondruschka + Akdag do a damn good job, because i can not take Reul or Lavallee playing more than 5 minutes. Hell, i dont want them to play at all.

But it actually doesn´t matter. As long as our core guys play like they played the last two years, it will be a great tournament. Also we have a serious international defenseman again, Schubert. How wonderful.

(I would love to see a game against Switzerland with Schubert, Reul and Tripp bullying them like in the old days )

Joey Banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 10:37 AM
jonas2244

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Banana View Post
(I would love to see a game against Switzerland with Schubert, Reul and Tripp bullying them like in the old days )
As long as Luca Sbisa is not on the ice, why not, but Sbisa bullies with this 3 guys at the same time.

jonas2244 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 01:16 AM
Maverick41

Quote:
Seriously? I can still sense some ******** about Endras´ PO run.
I am not even sure what you are referring to, so I'll just ask you or anyone to give me any reason to have confidence in Endras' ability in the shootout.

I have not seen many club games with Endras over the last 2 or 3 years, but whenever I saw him on the national team in a shootout, the team lost. And it has happened a little to often to be just a coincidence. What really baffles me is, that I have seen Endras making great saves on breakaways, but then he went on giving up real softies in the shootout. It just doesn't make sense.

Old
04-30-2012, 07:16 AM
Arpi3080
Everybody be cool!

Unfortunately my favourite player with the best name didn't make the team ->

Quote:
Brett Breitkreuz

Arpi3080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 02:39 PM
Sanderson

Mauer is out with an concussion, Pietta takes his place.

Old
04-30-2012, 06:16 PM
Joey Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick41 View Post
I am not even sure what you are referring to, so I'll just ask you or anyone to give me any reason to have confidence in Endras' ability in the shootout.

I have not seen many club games with Endras over the last 2 or 3 years, but whenever I saw him on the national team in a shootout, the team lost. And it has happened a little to often to be just a coincidence. What really baffles me is, that I have seen Endras making great saves on breakaways, but then he went on giving up real softies in the shootout. It just doesn't make sense.
Rankel, the player in your avatar, plays for Berlin? I just assumed you were a fan of his team.

Oddly, this seems to be the general perception outside of Augsburg that Endras is bad at shootouts. It´s simply not true. He is at the very least an average goalie when it comes to shootouts. He may have been bad in the recent shootouts, i don´t know. But in his time in Augsburg, he would literally steal 2/3 of all shootouts.

You haven´t seen him for 2 or 3 years? You missed some great performances.

Mauer:

Old
04-30-2012, 06:50 PM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Not very good players.
Well, Ullmann is practically the most creative and offensively gifted forward the Germans have.

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 02:01 AM
Maverick41

Quote:
Rankel, the player in your avatar, plays for Berlin? I just assumed you were a fan of his team.

Oddly, this seems to be the general perception outside of Augsburg that Endras is bad at shootouts. It´s simply not true. He is at the very least an average goalie when it comes to shootouts. He may have been bad in the recent shootouts, i don´t know. But in his time in Augsburg, he would literally steal 2/3 of all shootouts.

You haven´t seen him for 2 or 3 years? You missed some great performances.

Mauer:
Ah ok thx. Now I know what you meant. But I can asure you I am not ******** about that. Those were some amazing games by Endras back then. And while I would have preferred the Eisbären to win, it was clear that Augsburg deserved it.
I like the Eisbären but I would not call myself a fan, since I am not fanatic about it.

I did not really mean to bash Endras, it is just that I really could not remember a good performance by him in a shootout (on the national team in recent years). I am actually quite happy, that you point out the fact he did well in shootouts in Augsburg because I have now a little more confidence going into the tournament. Of course even if he makes some great saves in shootouts we will still need some of the other players to score, otherwise the whole point is going to be moot.

Old
05-01-2012, 04:22 AM
Sanderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin Landvogt View Post
Well, Ullmann is practically the most creative and offensively gifted forward the Germans have.
I'd say that would be Greilinger. He may not always show the hustle to get it done, but he definately has the most skill. At least when compared to the Germans playing in Europe.

Old
05-01-2012, 04:50 AM
Maverick41

Quote:
Mauer is out with an concussion, Pietta takes his place.
While that sucks for Mauer, I am glad Pietta is back on the team, though I wish hid didn't have to come at the cost of someone else's health.

Get well soon, Frank.

Old
05-01-2012, 08:47 AM
Joey Banana

Quote:
I'd say that would be Greilinger. He may not always show the hustle to get it done, but he definately has the most skill. At least when compared to the Germans playing in Europe.
Since Greilinger was cut in 2010, he improved his work ethic on the national team. I love seeing Greilinger in club games, but Ullmann (also Schütz, Wolf, Hospelt and Barta) bring much, much more to the game on the international stage. I think it is safe to say that Greilinger is a very skillful and dangerous type of player, but his impact on the game itself is very little.

He certainly belongs to the top tier of german players, but there is - gladly - so much parity in the forward department that it was even hard for a guy like Marcel Goc to be the "best" in the recent tournaments.

Old
05-02-2012, 01:22 PM
Alicat
Charge!

Most already know this but it came out today here in Boston that Seidenberg was asked to play but he declined.

Quote:
Dennis Seidenberg opted out of representing Team Germany for a fourth time.

"I said no," Seidenberg admitted on break-up day last week when asked about the German team calling him. "Playing a long season last year and playing a long season this year, you just have to take some time off, make sure you’re recovered and ready to go again."
http://www.hockeyjournal.com/news/br...d_Championship

I am Boston Strong

Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 05:16 AM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
Most already know this but it came out today here in Boston that Seidenberg was asked to play but he declined.
he always says no. not a big deal. some players only show up if they get media attention. i guess every country has these guys.