HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings AHL / Manchester Monarchs 2011-2012 Update Thread

Old
04-28-2012, 01:26 PM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
s'all good, man.

vCash: 500
Vey the best player during the playoffs? Led the Monarchs in scoring.

04-28-2012, 04:52 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by sBarry View Post
I don't know man, Cliche might've lost it for a minute but it was pretty justified giving all of the circumstances. That was the captain saying he had had enough. With JJ serving that extremely weak suspension, our little guys were getting run all night, and Rich Clune can only do so much defending this team against a way bigger, stronger, Norfolk team. So when Cliche saw a hit he didn't particularly like, he stood up for his team. Then it was put into the hands of the refs after the scrum that occurred after the fight and Norfolk found themselves on the right side of that, receiving the man advantage. This is when they sucked the life out of the Narchs and scored the two quickies that killed all momentum. Now I do have to say, after the Cliche fight everything went wrong. But I don't blame him in the least, and I can totally see why he went after the guy. But up until that very point, the Narchs were playing as well as I've ever seen them. They were actualky moving the puck pretty well. Vey and Azzy were playing great, and what a bomb from the point from Hickey on that Andreoff tip in goal that was awesome. Right after that and right before the momentum swing I said to a few people in my section that if we couldn't beat them last night, we couldn't beat them on our best night. Great season though guys, we'll be back!
Point is you can't take Penalties like that in NHL. What if something like that Costs your team a playoff round...

Or worse a Cup ?

You simply can't do things like that, it costs your team Every time.

Colin Fraser is lucky Stoll potted that winner. Cause if the Kings lost that series, Colin Fraser's stupid, Selfish, Penalty would have cost the Kings the Season basically.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 10:01 PM
sBarry

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Point is you can't take Penalties like that in NHL. What if something like that Costs your team a playoff round...

Or worse a Cup ?

You simply can't do things like that, it costs your team Every time.

Colin Fraser is lucky Stoll potted that winner. Cause if the Kings lost that series, Colin Fraser's stupid, Selfish, Penalty would have cost the Kings the Season basically.
Well I'm assuming he thought that there was going to be a boarding call coming after the hit, and then 5 a piece for the scrap. I don't think anyone thought that he was going to be the only one taking a penalty there?

Also look at when the Narchs snapped Norfolks streak. When their captain had enough and wanted to take matters into his own hands, he did the same thing and went after Campbell. He just didn't come out with the only penalty like Cliche did.

sBarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 12:41 AM
GoneFullHextall
JR=clueless

vCash: 50
Manchester led 3-1 and had all the momentum going into the later stages of the 2nd period. Cliche didnt like the hit. fine, but at that point of the game you take a number and you deal with it later. He jumped the guy and was throwing punches while the guy was turtled. I actually thought Cliche was fortunate to get only the 4 minutes. Norfolk got the PPG and took the game over. It wasnt a very smart penalty to take.
Cliche is going to need to learn as the Captian and leader of the team he is going to be a smarter player. I like Cliche hes a good kid, and plays a solid all around game.
Do the Monarchs still win if Cliche doesnt take the penalty? who knows.
It was all in all a pretty frustrating season. They made the playoffs but they have to find ways to get some more offense. Zatkoff and Jones while are good goalies they arent the type of guys that can steal a series for you.
Not sure what the team will look like next season, but I hope we have a team that can put the puck in the net more often.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 07:25 PM
KOPITARRULEZ11

Stefan legein

Is this guy a shorthanded beast or what he led all players in the ahl with shorthanded goals.

KOPITARRULEZ11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 07:34 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

random thread is random

DAkings20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 07:35 PM
TonySCV
Push to the 8th Tee

Wrong forum? Legein is a Jackets prospect is he not?

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 07:49 PM
KOPITARRULEZ11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Wrong forum? Legein is a Jackets prospect is he not?
nope we got em from the flyers for future considerations

KOPITARRULEZ11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 07:51 PM
TonySCV
Push to the 8th Tee

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOPITARRULEZ11 View Post
Well there ya go... learn something new every day. Shows you how much I keep tab on our prospects. I'll move it to the stickied thread.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 09:07 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOPITARRULEZ11 View Post
Wasn't he a toss in from the Richards deal since the Flyers at the time were close to the 50 contract limit? Or was it a totally seperate trade?

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 09:18 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
Wasn't he a toss in from the Richards deal since the Flyers at the time were close to the 50 contract limit? Or was it a totally seperate trade?
Totally separate transactions.
http://kings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=595631

The prospect whose rights were included in the Richards trade was Rob Bordson, who the Kings did not qualify and allowed to become a UFA. He spent a majority of his season in the ECHL.
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=99475

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote