HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Capitals @ Rangers ECSF Game 1

View Poll Results: Who are the top 3 stars of the game?
Chris Kreider 187 96.39%
Derek Stepan 10 5.15%
Ryan Callahan 9 4.64%
Brad Richards 87 44.85%
Marian Gaborik 2 1.03%
Artem Anisimov 20 10.31%
Carl Hagelin 1 0.52%
Ruslan Fedotenko 92 47.42%
Brandon Prust 0 0%
Mike Rupp 0 0%
John Mitchell 1 0.52%
Ryan McDonagh 59 30.41%
Dan Girardi 4 2.06%
Marc Staal 1 0.52%
Michael Del Zotto 1 0.52%
Stu Bickel 1 0.52%
Steve Eminger 1 0.52%
Anton Stralman 3 1.55%
Henrik Lundqvist 71 36.60%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 194. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-28-2012, 06:04 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
No he doesn't. He is just pumping the bigger stars in this series. Those stars happen to be on the Caps. If Gabs actually did something he would be all over his junk.

I have seen a few games with him gushing about the Rangers. Not quite as much as Chicago, but still.
Yeah, that comment had me scratching my head as well... Sometimes I think fans just hear what they want to hear... I didn't hear anything that could be considered disparaging about the Rangers during the entire broadcast. Not even from Mike Milbury!

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 06:05 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
This thread isn't a place where you can flame other fans and talk about bannings/infractions. Don't know why anyone would think that.

Anyway, I listened to the game on the radio while with my friends. Sounded like a solidly played game, and Kreider sounded like he had a great game.

Just as good as his game 5 except he scored and made a nice play to Richards to spring him free for his goal

Dude just seems to have a real good feel for the game and learns quickly, which ironically are the things people questioned about him

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
This thread isn't a place where you can flame other fans and talk about bannings/infractions. Don't know why anyone would think that.

Anyway, I listened to the game on the radio while with my friends. Sounded like a solidly played game, and Kreider sounded like he had a great game.

It's playoff time. Next time you tell your friends to get lost and you go watch the game!

Old
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyRangers2047 View Post
he has to be... and like when they zoom in on him between the benches he has that look like you would expect from a guy in the bushes staring in your window!
I think he likes it. Being jammed in between those benches that is.

RyanCallahan24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 06:06 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Who are the 3 people who didn't think Kreider is one of the stars of the game? Did you watch the game? Did you watch it without any mind-altering drugs?

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 06:07 PM
NYR2047
WebMD Trained Doctor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanCallahan24 View Post
I think he likes it. Being jammed in between those benches that is.
That is almost as bad as the idea of interviewing the coaches in the middle of the period.

NYR2047 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 06:07 PM
Net Front Presence
Harvester of Sorrow

vCash: 12500
Rangers are ruining hockey. Herp.

Caps in 4. Derp.

Net Front Presence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 06:08 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Kreider should start out with the Whale. Throwing him into the NHL playoffs will hinder his development!

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 06:09 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
No he doesn't. He is just pumping the bigger stars in this series. Those stars happen to be on the Caps. If Gabs actually did something he would be all over his junk.
lol what has ovi or any washington star done in the playoffs? 2 goals for ovi! oh boy, better pin him up as the conn smythe winner now!(richards has 3--kreider has 2) we have lundqvist...mcdonagh, kreider, girardi, staal. our defense trumps the caps'. not to mention our star offense can play d, too.

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 06:11 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
lol what has ovi or any washington star done in the playoffs? 2 goals for ovi! oh boy, better pin him up as the conn smythe winner now!(richards has 3) we have lundqvist...mcdonagh, kreider, girardi, staal. our defense trumps the caps'. not to mention our star offense can play d, too.
Ovi and Backstrom actually have quite good playoff stats.

Not that it necessarily means a lot since they haven't gotten past the 2nd round

e: I'm amazed at how far back Mike Green seems to have fallen. I know he was injured almost all year long and probably needs a good offseason of rest and trainign to get back up to snuff, but he just looks like a shadow of himself

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 06:13 PM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg02 View Post
Stralman had a very good game.

He's been fantastic so far in playoffs. 1 of our better players.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 06:14 PM
Ranger_Engineer
ordo ab chao

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
You know, watching today's game, as a Ranger fan, I never once thought the Capitals were going to beat the Rangers. Frankly, after what the Rangers went through against Ottawa, this game was remarkably not stressful. The Caps' big stars, most notably Ovechkin, Semin and Green were liabilities. I can see why Hunter would bench them in tight games.
I felt the exact same way. In my opinion, the Caps don't have the stomach to win playing the style that they play.

When they played run-and-gun, they were scary with all the weapons they have.

Now, trying to play a defensively responsible game, they've neutered their offense.

Ranger_Engineer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 06:15 PM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevyd View Post
no offense to ranger fans but this team may be the worst thing that even happened to hockey if they win the cup.

The can't score. No offensive push at all. Good d. Great goaltending. Painful to watch.

y u heff 2 b mad

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ColonialsHockey10

Rangers didn't dominate, but for some reason I wasn't nervous like I was every game against the Senators.

The point presence of Karlsson and Gonchar gave them fits.

Overall solid game, I continue to laugh at everyone who questioned how Kreider would do as a pro. He passes better then nearly everyone on the team, and he's a scorer.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyRangers2047 View Post
That is almost as bad as the idea of interviewing the coaches in the middle of the period.
Haha yeah I know. Like the game is tied it's the playoffs. If I was Torts I'd say something like: ''Are you ******* serious?! I'm busy for **** sakes. Leave me alone!''

Old
04-28-2012, 06:16 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post

Not that it necessarily means a lot since they haven't gotten past the 2nd round

e: I'm amazed at how far back Mike Green seems to have fallen. I know he was injured almost all year long and probably needs a good offseason of rest and trainign to get back up to snuff, but he just looks like a shadow of himself
are you referring to this season? ovi and backstrom don't have good stats. they're not the worst in the league, but they're certainly under-performing without a doubt (ovi moreso). i was referring to this season.

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 06:18 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post

He has not looked good at all in the games I've seen, since coming back from his concussion. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt due to the injury. However, I think there's slim to no chance that he returns to his offensive dynamo form from earlier in his career, especially with Hunter employing a more defensive oriented system as opposed to Boudreau's free-wheeling style.

Old
04-28-2012, 06:19 PM
NYR2047
WebMD Trained Doctor

Quote:
Haha yeah I know. Like the game is tied it's the playoffs. If I was Torts I'd say something like: ''Are you ******* serious?! I'm busy for **** sakes. Leave me alone!''

I'm surprised they don't sound like this....

"Coach whats your plan to winning the game?"
"Uh score at least one goal more then the other guys"

NYR2047 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 06:19 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
He has not looked good at all in the games I've seen, since coming back from his concussion. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt due to the injury. However, I think there's slim to no chance that he returns to his offensive dynamo form from earlier in his career, especially with Hunter employing a more defensive oriented system as opposed to Boudreau's free-wheeling style.
I think Backstrom was good today. 2 post hits and a few good passes. Not great, but not bad.

Old
04-28-2012, 06:21 PM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger_Engineer View Post
I felt the exact same way. In my opinion, the Caps don't have the stomach to win playing the style that they play.

When they played run-and-gun, they were scary with all the weapons they have.

Now, trying to play a defensively responsible game, they've neutered their offense.
i think if dale hunter sticks around next season this team will have a full offseason, training camp and season to improve this style and i think they will be great at it and will have a few new dmen in next season

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 06:22 PM
TrollololBoyle

Quote:

I'm sure you have seen countless fans of other teams say that the Capitals definitely outplayed the Rangers, but that is not the case. Almost every time the Caps got into the Rangers zone, a Rangers dman forced the puck/play outside and broke up the play/rush, I can't remember to many instances where the Caps got a shot off in the slot. Sure, there were some scary moments, like the shots off the post, but there were never any real pressure situations like those against Ottawa. It was for the most part very even.

TrollololBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 06:23 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Kreider has really been above and beyond everything I expected him to be so far in the playoffs, he's been absolutely amazing. Two games in a row one of the best players on the ice, if not the best.

Caps hit a few posts, but a lot of those shots Hank got a piece of first, so I'm not too worried there, he's really seeing the puck well.

Amazing to start off this series 1-0, and knowing this team could be so much better. Gotta take care of business on home ice again Monday night.

Also I'm sure this pic has been posted here, but if not...my favorite shot of the playoffs so far...

silverfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 06:24 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post

Overall solid game, I continue to laugh at everyone who questioned how Kreider would do as a pro. He passes better then nearly everyone on the team, and he's a scorer.

Remember, his hands and shot are so-so, his hockey IQ is low, his passing is suspect, he's too much of a floater...shall I go on?

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 06:26 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
I think Backstrom was good today. 2 post hits and a few good passes. Not great, but not bad.
Was talking about Mike Green... Sorry for the confusion, he wasn't out with a concussion this year was he? Now I remember it was something else.

Old
04-28-2012, 06:26 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Remember, his hands and shot are so-so, his hockey IQ is low, his passing is suspect, he's too much of a floater...shall I go on?
Everything is so far off . The biggest wtf is the ''he is a floater'' part. Damn he works hard up and down the ice!