Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Sweden
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Mattias Janmark-Nylén

Old
04-28-2012, 07:19 PM
Prussian_Blue

vCash: 500
Mattias Janmark-Nylén

This kid had a real breakthrough season at age 19 in the J20 Superelit.

Is he legit, or were his numbers inflated by playing against younger players? Can anyone give me a scouting report - strengths, weaknesses, style of game played, faceoff skills, skating, etc.?

Any possibility he crosses over to play major junior in North American next year?

Seems like he'd be worth the investment of a mid-round pick by a team like St. Louis, who scout Sweden very heavily and who can afford to let him stay in Sweden for another year or two to develop, if he decides that's what he wants to do.

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 05:33 PM
Prussian_Blue

Nobody?

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 06:00 PM
Hockeyfrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post

Is he legit, or were his numbers inflated by playing against younger players? Can anyone give me a scouting report - strengths, weaknesses, style of game played, faceoff skills, skating, etc.?

Any possibility he crosses over to play major junior in North American next year?

Seems like he'd be worth the investment of a mid-round pick by a team like St. Louis, who scout Sweden very heavily and who can afford to let him stay in Sweden for another year or two to develop, if he decides that's what he wants to do.
Well, he signed a 1yr extension with AIK so he will play in SEL or loaned to Allsvenskan next season.

Hockeyfrilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 05:03 AM
e91a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post

I diden't look much of the juniors last year so i can't really say that much about Mattias, but as you said his numbers are impressive and he played the first line in AIK juniors. I saw him in some games at the real squad, but he diden't get much playtime.

But i would not say that it would be a bad choice for a later pick. I think he will impress me this year, of the little i saw last season i was happy. He seems to be willing to give a 110% and really get in the mess around the corners. Depends also if he will be put as a center or winger i guess.

e91a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 07:32 AM
nik jr

was drafted as an overager at 79th overall in 3rd round by detroit. he will turn 21 in december.

nik jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 04:49 AM
malin75baryard
Rookie User

Janmark is a great pick by Detroit even if I think they could have picked him with their last pick, 199th overall.

I would say that Janmark's terrific skating, amazing work ethic, and great confidence is his biggest strengths. His biggest flaw is his naitivity. Some examples of this is when he occasionally takes a slashing penalty during his aggressive forechecking or misses a check and creates a odd man rush the other way. I think his naitivity will be reduced in the future when he has more routine under his belt.

malin75baryard is offline   Reply With Quote