HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Now i'm a believer

Old
04-28-2012, 05:55 PM
JayQueensNY88*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LannyMcdonald View Post
So, I was wrong. I was against using Kreisler, couldn't see the sense of putting in a rookie or wasting an ELC year. I'm still not so sure about burning the contract, but the kid's great.
He looks great..He is not great..Gretzky is Great..

Teams are adventually going to start to make him a focus to cover,when that happnens,lets see how he responds.

But im sold the kid is going to be something special.

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 05:59 PM
JayQueensNY88*

I D K why..But i keep comparing kreider to Perry..I dont know why.Maybe im off but thats what keeps passing through my head. yes perry is a 50 goal scorer,hoping kreider turns out to be like him... As for Stepan,I always remember hearing about him being compared to Richards as a play maker.

Old
04-28-2012, 06:00 PM
JCrusher*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayQueensNY88 View Post
He looks great..He is not great..Gretzky is Great..

Teams are adventually going to start to make him a focus to cover,when that happnens,lets see how he responds.

But im sold the kid is going to be something special.
Calm down nobody said he is Gretzky nobody is Gretzky. even the golden boy Crosby doesnt come close

JCrusher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 06:06 PM
JayQueensNY88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCrusher View Post
Calm down nobody said he is Gretzky nobody is Gretzky. even the golden boy Crosby doesnt come close
Where do I come off as not calm? """""the word GREAT """""gets tossed around here like nothing...Kreider is not great,gretzky is great.i never made a comparison.Open your eyes and read between the lines.

Point is GREAt should be reffered to players like Malkin,stamkos,Crybaby,Lidstrom etc... lets see where Kreider falls in the next 3-5 years,before we call him great.Hopefully thats clear enbough for u too understand now.

Old
04-28-2012, 08:02 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Looks like a no brained now... Good call by Slats

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 08:15 PM
JCrusher*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayQueensNY88 View Post
Where do I come off as not calm? """""the word GREAT """""gets tossed around here like nothing...Kreider is not great,gretzky is great.i never made a comparison.Open your eyes and read between the lines.

Point is GREAt should be reffered to players like Malkin,stamkos,Crybaby,Lidstrom etc... lets see where Kreider falls in the next 3-5 years,before we call him great.Hopefully thats clear enbough for u too understand now.
Wasn't trying to insult you. i was just saying nobody is saying Krieder is the next superstar. They are saying that he has skill and a great future which he is showing right now. I mean i dont know too many rookies who can just walk onto the playoffs with no camp/regular season and play this well

Old
04-28-2012, 08:35 PM
JCrusher*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHOFy...eature=related

Old
04-28-2012, 09:48 PM
McDunna with Fries

Quote:
Originally Posted by LannyMcdonald View Post
So, I was wrong. I was against using Kreider, couldn't see the sense of putting in a rookie or wasting an ELC year. I'm still not so sure about burning the contract, but the kid's great.
You're not alone, tonsssss of people eating crow right now.

McDunna with Fries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 10:01 PM
Khelvan

Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Aces View Post
Where is that guy that was "dissapointed" with Kreider because he was lazy and didn't have a highe enough "compete" level.
That was me, and I 100% stand by what I said. He didn't have a high enough compete level. He improved.

Khelvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 10:05 PM
satrabyk

never bad to change your mind. First game i had doubts as any would the way he started but hes been playing great. Hes a big guy, likes the corners. Look at Richards goal today all him and his protection of the puck as i always stress. Doesent hurt when he can shoot at top speed either lol.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 10:06 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khelvan View Post
That was me, and I 100% stand by what I said. He didn't have a high enough compete level. He improved.
I dont think he was lazy i now think it was more being tenative and worried about making a mistake.

Old
04-28-2012, 10:09 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCrusher View Post
Wasn't trying to insult you. i was just saying nobody is saying Krieder is the next superstar. They are saying that he has skill and a great future which he is showing right now. I mean i dont know too many rookies who can just walk onto the playoffs with no camp/regular season and play this well
If he uses his body down low and than can protect the puck with strength he can be a very good player. He got knocked down a couple times today im sure they will work on strenghtening so he doesent get knocked down.

Old
04-28-2012, 10:27 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR94 View Post
The difference in speed between the Rangers without Hagelin and Kreider and then with them is huge. It changes the whole dynamic of the attack.

Without these two, the Rangers are golfing for a week already. Today, with Dubi out, Rupp would be our best natural LW without the two rookies. We'd have half the team out of position and/or without their usual linemates.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 10:37 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohbaby View Post
This kid Kreider could have the most incredible beginning to the NHL by any player ever.

How many championships has he won? And now he might raise the Cup?

This kid is either very special, or very lucky. I think the former.

Both. When he won WJC Gold, he was lucky. Stepan carried that team, while Kreider was a third liner. Stepan looked like a ringer who shouldn't be playing with little kids.

But the NCAA championship three weeks ago was largely his own doing. Without him, there's no champship.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 10:56 PM
Khelvan

Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
I dont think he was lazy i now think it was more being tenative and worried about making a mistake.
I never said or thought he was being lazy, just that the way he was turning away from checks and board battles had to change. It has, in a huge way.

Khelvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 02:14 AM
benneyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
I have been waiting for almost 40 years for the Rangers to draft and sign a scoring forward like this. This is special stuff even for an old guy like me.
Haha brother, you and me both! This is truly a special time to be a Ranger fan, and watch this kid blossom before our eyes. Man, GWG and 1st Star today - just wow.

benneyb is offline   Reply With Quote