Huge, huge win. Worked OT time to make some extra coin and then got to watch the Kings take Game 1. A great day so far and there's still tonight!
- Kings owe Quick dinner. With the porous defensive zone coverage to start, St. Louis could have easily had a 3-4 goal lead to start if Quick wasn't up to the challenge. Best Kings players was their best again.
- For all the gruff Penner has taken, he had a very good game and a good playoffs so far. He obviously has some huge flaws but at least he's showing up. You're up next Carter. Wake up.
- The Greene penalty was a joke of a call by the refs. That said, the 2 minute call against D. King was a joke too. He's lucky he didn't get the 5 minute major he deserved.
- So happy that Voynov scored. Not just because it was a huge goal, obviously, but it looked to give him confidence. He looked like Randy Jones possessed his body in the Vancouver series + period 1 before that goal. He was much better in the last 2 periods. Team needs him to play like that.
- Brown is a great. Inconsistent offensively, sure, but man do I love him as a player.
- PP is going to need to get going though. Awful so far in the playoffs.
Cheers to everyone. Great time to be a Kings fan.
__________________ "I have been complimented many times and they always embarrass me; I always feel that they have not said enough." - Mark Twain.
Last edited by William H Bonney: 04-28-2012 at 09:18 PM.
Great game fellas! Definitely need some PP work, but good to get a win when you're not playing your best. Looks like couple guys wanted King at the end of the game, so we'll see if they try to run Doughty or Voynov or try to get King again.
Voynov played much better after that goal. Huge play by Greene on the shorty. Backes with the lazy backcheck. Selke my ass.
Nothing to do with Backes. First, he beat Shattenkirk back and he took out Kopitar as he should have over Greene (Kopitar is obviously better and he was ahead of Greene at that point). He can't eliminate two guys.