HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCSF Game 1 | Predators @ Coyotes | 4-27-12 | 6PM | NBCSN

Old
04-28-2012, 06:55 PM
yotesfordays

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by frackiewicz View Post
I counted. From my vantage in 205, I saw 14. Of course, I couldn't see anyone directly below, but with the percentages that would probably work out to about 20.
I was in 227 and it was sure nice not to hear those annoyingly drunk Blackhawk fans! You just can't hate Nashville near as much as Chicago because they are so much like us.

yotesfordays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 07:33 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch27 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo2tZ...layer_embedded

Didn't know where else to put this. I know Yandle gets a ton of criticism on these boards but man, he loves it here and his passion is just awesome. Teams need guys like this, it's infectious. Future captain in my opinion.
ha I saw that last night and thought it was so awesome! I'm already a big Yandle fan and that only made me love him more, I'm glad DM wrapped him up when he had the chance!!!

btw...you should post that somewhere else or maybe even make it into it's own thread. It'd be a shame to have it sit here buried in 17+ pages of random talk about Game 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz View Post
I love Yandle's passion. I want him to be a Coyote for a long time, he's the kind of in-house success story we need.
I couldn't agree more, you can tell from watching him interact with teammates after the games and in various Coyotes spots that he's a huge part of the heart and soul of the team and this video only proves it more. I can only imagine how important his presence is to that locker room. That thick Boston accent and the sailor talk crack me up too, just a great *bleeping* video!!!

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 07:41 PM
XX
... Waiting

No doubt Yandle is a leader on and off the ice, but he needs to show up. He was tremendous against the Wings a few years ago. Can't say he has had anywhere near the same showing this year. Just kind of an odd year for him in general. It doesn't help that teams know all of our shots originate from the point and he's the #1 triggerman.

XX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 08:03 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotesfordays View Post
Also, I'm not sure how the refs qualify to officiate the SC playoffs but my goodness were they on another level of terrible last night. The ref who dropped the puck was just mind-boggling bad...I mean holding the puck for 5+ seconds sometimes
I have never seen a linesman toss so many players out of the faceoffs as happened this game. Would love to hear that stat if it's available.

mouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 08:42 PM
ssmatik

Tower at Sky Harbor

ssmatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 09:08 PM
Naurutger

vCash: 1329
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouser View Post
I have never seen a linesman toss so many players out of the faceoffs as happened this game. Would love to hear that stat if it's available.
That #57 was terrible, missed so many offsides calls one way or the other.

Naurutger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 09:59 PM
doaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
That #57 was terrible, missed so many offsides calls one way or the other.
#57 is jay sharres. I have always liked him as a linesmen. He lives in the valley if I'm not mistaken.

doaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 10:21 PM
BigGumby

Sounds like no one is happy with the sit-back-and-hold-onto-the-lead play style.

From ESPN:

Quote:
"Sooner or later it's going to cost us," Coyotes veteran forward Daymond Langkow said Saturday. "We've got to be more aggressive and not sit back."
Quote:
"We were definitely happy with the win, but we were not happy with the way we played," veteran Coyotes blueliner Derek Morris said after practice Saturday. "We can't keep riding the roller coaster down this road. We have to get it back on track. And get back to playing the way we can."
Quote:
"To take the heat off Smithy a little bit we need to spend more time in the offensive zone, we need to hold pucks down there, we need to be strong at the blue line and keep pucks in," said Yandle. "We have to collectively be better at it."
So, let's hope they actually take this to heart and play a complete 60 minutes.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/2012...-change-script

BigGumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 10:23 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGumby View Post
So, let's hope they actually take this to heart and play a complete 60 minutes.
At this point I'd settle for 30-40. Besides preds game 1, the team played a solid 2-way game for about 10 minutes each game.

SniperHF is offline   Reply With Quote