HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Capitals @ Rangers ECSF Game 1

View Poll Results: Who are the top 3 stars of the game?
Chris Kreider 187 96.39%
Derek Stepan 10 5.15%
Ryan Callahan 9 4.64%
Brad Richards 87 44.85%
Marian Gaborik 2 1.03%
Artem Anisimov 20 10.31%
Carl Hagelin 1 0.52%
Ruslan Fedotenko 92 47.42%
Brandon Prust 0 0%
Mike Rupp 0 0%
John Mitchell 1 0.52%
Ryan McDonagh 59 30.41%
Dan Girardi 4 2.06%
Marc Staal 1 0.52%
Michael Del Zotto 1 0.52%
Stu Bickel 1 0.52%
Steve Eminger 1 0.52%
Anton Stralman 3 1.55%
Henrik Lundqvist 71 36.60%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 194. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-28-2012, 10:16 PM
satrabyk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevyD View Post
No offense to Ranger fans but this team may be the worst thing that even happened to hockey if they win the Cup.

The can't score. No offensive push at all. Good D. Great goaltending. Painful to watch.
There is nothing wrong with this team other than the PP. What did you bet the over in the game, and you lost. This team is not overly skilled but does the little things and if all four lines can contribute in some ways, this team will be succesfull and it will be a good thing to hockey.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 10:17 PM
JCrusher*

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDunna with Fries View Post
It's true though.. you won't find many casual non-ranger hockey fans tuning in to Ranger games. They are the Duncan-era Spurs equivalent.
hate to sound harsh but I dont give a damn about non-Ranger fans. My team is winning and thats all that matters. In the playoffs you needs defense and goaltending

JCrusher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 10:18 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
It's true though.. you won't find many casual non-ranger hockey fans tuning in to Ranger games. They are the Duncan-era Spurs equivalent.
Do you really think Stl, La etc are better to watch. Honestly with the way Hagelin and Krieder can fly, how good our D have come along, and one the best goalies in the league, i think this is a darn good team to cheer for and watch.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 10:20 PM
McDunna with Fries

Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
Do you really think Stl, La etc are better to watch. Honestly with the way Hagelin and Krieder can fly, how good our D have come along, and one the best goalies in the league, i think this is a darn good team to cheer for and watch.
Yeah I agree.. it's not a good trend for the NHL. They want more of the Flyers-Pens series with boatloads of offense.

Kings and Blues are both solid teams built from the goal out like the Rangers, pretty similar to the Rangers minus the awful PP.

McDunna with Fries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 10:21 PM
Blueshirt Believer

HEHE, this is so true.

St Louis plays pretty much plays the exact same game we do.

The Rangers are not offensively creative, that isn't a debate. They can be boring in the Ozone. But they DICTATE the play in the Ozone.

When they are on their game, they don't sit back and they don't stop pressing. We were constantly possessing the puck in the Caps zone this game.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 10:23 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

minus the awful PP? kings and rangers PP sucks right now. blues is good BUT all three sucked during the regular season. (and st.louis was bad tonight, too)

all three basically play the same style. lots of luck involved.

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 10:25 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Yeah I agree.. it's not a good trend for the NHL. They want more of the Flyers-Pens series with boatloads of offense.

Kings and Blues are both solid teams built from the goal out like the Rangers, pretty similar to the Rangers minus the awful PP.
I think there are also too many fans who are WAY too nostalgic for the run and gun 80's. Back then you could get away with playing that style with the complete lack of defensive structure.

Also Stand up goalies who would constantly give up goals on slap shots from the outside.

Go back and watch some of those vintage games. Its almost comical.

If the league wants to improve scoring, widen the ice a little bit. Other than that, there is nothing they can do.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 10:34 PM
we want cup
Ants in the Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
minus the awful PP? kings and rangers PP sucks right now. blues is good BUT all three sucked during the regular season. (and st.louis was bad tonight, too)

all three basically play the same style. lots of luck involved.
It isn't luck. It's having guys who can score goals when it counts.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 10:38 PM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

So many ******** Devils fans...

It's a travesty that Kreider is allowed to play in the playoffs, according to some. Even though Parise was eligible to, but never played in his first year of his ELC.

They also have a problem with the balloons, confetti, and fireworks.

Anyway. We got Game 1 out of the way. Grab a 2-0 lead on Monday. Let's Go Rangers!

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 10:42 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post

It's a travesty that Kreider is allowed to play in the playoffs, according to some. Even though Parise was eligible to, but never played in his first year of his ELC.

Anyway. We got Game 1 out of the way. Grab a 2-0 lead on Monday. Let's Go Rangers!
Devil fans are a joke. They would rather watch us lose then their team win.

No wonder nobody takes them seriously.

04-28-2012, 10:57 PM
MDL8981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
I think there are also too many fans who are WAY too nostalgic for the run and gun 80's. Back then you could get away with playing that style with the complete lack of defensive structure.

Also Stand up goalies who would constantly give up goals on slap shots from the outside.

Go back and watch some of those vintage games. Its almost comical.

If the league wants to improve scoring, widen the ice a little bit. Other than that, there is nothing they can do.
Yeah everyone waxes poetic about the 80s....I dont get it. The defense and goaltending back then was horrific. The goaltenders gave up soft goals all the time. The defensemen were out of position all the time. The Flyers-Pens series was a taste of that. While I enjoyed the physicality of that series, the defense and goaltending was a joke and to me took away from the quality of play.

Not to bash stars of that era....but if you put the stars of today back in the 80s, they would put up 150 point seasons every year too.

MDL8981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 11:00 PM
McDunna with Fries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post

Haha saw this on the main boards... problem with the balloons, problem with the confetti, problem with rookies making debuts in playoffs, problem with the huge log stuck up their rear ends.

Old
04-28-2012, 11:14 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
**** non-Rangers fans. Big markets winning is good for the NHL. What HFBoards armchair quarterbacks think is meaningless.

We play to win games, not to entertain fans in some irrelevant city in the South or Midwest. LGR.

nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 11:18 PM
NYRSchrute217

The crowd was a little underwhelming today, but it was very loud following the 5 on 3 kill and after. Goals at the end of the 2nd can't happen. Momentum killers.

This won't be an easy series, and I don't want to talk ****, but the Capitals are not as good as Ottawa. Much slower. The Rangers won all the board battles and simply wanted it more. Ottawa matched our intensity, Washington did not so far.

That said, Kreider looked fantastic and the Rangers played a dominant game. 11 more.

NYRSchrute217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 11:22 PM
useref15

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
**** non-Rangers fans. Big markets winning is good for the NHL. What HFBoards armchair quarterbacks think is meaningless.

We play to win games, not to entertain fans in some irrelevant city in the South or Midwest. LGR.
Since that mod tag was taken off, you don't have to be as assertive with what you say, I see.

useref15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 12:37 AM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

I didn't get to watch the 3rd period. But damn, I was surprised both goals were scored while holtby was in net when I saw the score and the shot totals.

Letting in 3 goals on 14 shots is absolutely horrendous performance.

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 12:38 AM
racer90

I just caught this on CNBC sports..
they said the rangers game yesterday vs the caps got a 16 TV rating, which is very high.

racer90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 01:24 AM
Slenke

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyRangers2047 View Post
Better then Crosby 24/7.. right?

Slenke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 01:36 AM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

After looking at the highlights..

The 1st goal was soft..
The 2nd one is debatable. There was no screen though and the shot was from pretty far away. That's saveable.
The 3rd one seemed awfully soft too

Old
04-29-2012, 01:47 AM
Fanned On It

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
Let's face it, we got lucky with all the posts and crossbars. We could have lost this one easily. Gotta be better next time.
You're half right.. but a lot of those posts/crossbars happened because Hank got a piece of the puck. It's not like there was all of this room and the shooter just missed. Although that did happen 1 or 2 times.

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 01:49 AM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santini5389 View Post
You're half right.. but a lot of those posts/crossbars happened because Hank got a piece of the puck. It's not like there was all of this room and the shooter just missed. Although that did happen 1 or 2 times.
the "lucky post/crossbar" argument is stupid IMO.

Nobody ever says "lucky that the shooter missed by 1/100th of an inch" when it doesn't hit the post/crossbar but is awfully close.

A shot either goes in the net or it doesn't. If it doesn't then it doesn't matter how close it is, it doesn't count.

Old
04-29-2012, 01:53 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
Apparently we're ruining hockey, which is absolute music to my ears after years of zero coverage in defense, 3 goals against per game.

My favorite star players getting shut down? Might as well scream out the word "boring" as many times as possible.
My first season of following this team was 00-01 when they were the worst D and I believe worst PK in the league. There was nothing more demoralizing. We actually averaged more than 3 goals per game and were like 7th in goals Still there was nothing more humiliating than being that bad defensively. I wonder what I'd think if someone from the future came to me and said that in 2011-2012 we'd be 1st in the east, the best defensive team in the east, have a goalie who is a Vezina and Hart finalist, set an NHL record with 69 straight games from the start of the season of not allowing 5 goals or more, etc.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 01:59 AM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post

Yeah I don't know why you guys are getting worked up about it. I really don't give a **** about what any of them think about stupid stuff like that. All the Ranger haters went from talking about how bad our team is to talking about things like confetti and balloons. Must mean the Rangers are doing something right.

04-29-2012, 02:04 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Yeah I don't know why you guys are getting worked up about it. I really don't give a **** about what any of them think about stupid stuff like that. All the Ranger haters went from talking about how bad our team is to talking about things like confetti and balloons. Must mean the Rangers are doing something right.
Yep. Just like i can't fathom how anybody bothers with the main boards. People say it gives them objective discussion...********. The main boards is just a cesspool where biases go to congregate together and it's ****ing horrible.

**** anybody who doubts us. This team is for real when it plays like they did today.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 03:56 AM
McDunna with Fries

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2d View Post
the "lucky post/crossbar" argument is stupid IMO.

Nobody ever says "lucky that the shooter missed by 1/100th of an inch" when it doesn't hit the post/crossbar but is awfully close.

A shot either goes in the net or it doesn't. If it doesn't then it doesn't matter how close it is, it doesn't count.
What's that scene from mighty ducks again? Just got flashbacks lol