HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

KK struggling

Closed Thread

Old
11-20-2003, 05:53 AM
Dan

vCash: 500
KK struggling

Quote:
Just the other day, Wayne Gretzky, the Coyotes' part owner and managing partner, called Kolanos the most talented player on the roster and said he is the key to the team's future.
link
Gretzky giving an honest compliment? or trying to motivate Krys?

hbk was talking a few weeks ago how Hrdina was searching for his role on the team (may have found it with Radi and Ladi). It looks like Kolanos is searching for his place too. What you guys think?

Old
11-20-2003, 06:06 AM
CoyoteBaloney

During the post game Coach's Conference, a reporter asked about Kolanos after Francis said that the team had too many passengers and that some were not being responsible with their play. Francis seemed ticked at the play of some of the Coyotes. When asked about Kolanos, Francis said that he won't mention any names. I expect Kolanos to be a healthy scratch Friday and Nazarov inserted.

Old
11-20-2003, 01:36 PM
Hordichuk_24

Great, LOL. Now Parker can smoke Nazarov again.

Old
11-21-2003, 10:48 PM
roadrunner

What about sending "Special K" to Springy for a few games and give big Naz a chance? Sending Kolanos down and keeping Taffe here would sure hurt pridewise, but the best players overcome these situations. Krys has been through alot at the NHL level, so maybe if he "replaces" Taffe as the main scorer on the farm for a few tilts, his confidence will get a boost. Nazarov has GOT to be jonesin' to get back in. Maybe both players would benefit long term?

Old
11-22-2003, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner
What about sending "Special K" to Springy for a few games and give big Naz a chance? Sending Kolanos down and keeping Taffe here would sure hurt pridewise, but the best players overcome these situations. Krys has been through alot at the NHL level, so maybe if he "replaces" Taffe as the main scorer on the farm for a few tilts, his confidence will get a boost. Nazarov has GOT to be jonesin' to get back in. Maybe both players would benefit long term?
I'd be shocked to see Kolanos clear waivers, and I don't think they can try to come up with a fake injury to send him there for conditioning. The league would see it coming. I won't forget to say I thought Kolanos should have started the year in Springy however to find his game. Playing his first game this season lost his waivers excemtpion, so it was then or never.

Old
11-22-2003, 07:21 AM
CoyoteBaloney

No way Kolanos clears waivers. It's not his talent that is in question but his effort.

Old
11-22-2003, 07:42 AM
hbk

Is Kolanos even eligable for waivers at this point in time. I think he still has an exemption.

Old
11-22-2003, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk
Is Kolanos even eligable for waivers at this point in time. I think he still has an exemption.
No exception for Kolanos at this point, as I've said before, it ended with his first NHL game of this season. That was his 60th NHL game, which is the limit for his age.

Old
11-22-2003, 01:00 PM
roadrunner

Whoops! I forgot about the whole waiver thing. Thanks for bringing that to light.

Closed Thread