HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Rec League Hockey Colorado

Old
04-29-2012, 01:04 AM
Chalupa Batman
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
I merged this into the other Denver area rec league thread, because it might help.

Can you describe more about what that level represents in Minnesota?

I would say that the better "C" leagues in Westminster, some of us played college club, maybe one-fourth played high school, and the rest either played some youth hockey (but quit before high school) or picked it up as an adult.

Right now, I play goal for a few upper-C teams there. Did you sign up for the summer? Right now is the tail end of the winter playoffs, so I'd recommend going to a few playoff games from the levels you are considering, and see what you think.

Chalupa Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 01:11 AM
Maladus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
I merged this into the other Denver area rec league thread, because it might help.

Can you describe more about what that level represents in Minnesota?

I would say that the better "C" leagues in Westminster, some of us played college club, maybe one-fourth played high school, and the rest either played some youth hockey (but quit before high school) or picked it up as an adult.

Right now, I play goal for a few upper-C teams there. Did you sign up for the summer? Right now is the tail end of the winter playoffs, so I'd recommend going to a few playoff games from the levels you are considering, and see what you think.
The definition for the league was Level 2 - Beginner to Intermediate - Players / Goalies at this level will have some hockey experience but still looking for an easy, fun pace. I am still waiting to sign up but am leaning towards D1 just to make sure I am not too out-matched. I will have to go watch the leagues playing in the playoffs right now, do you know where I can find the game times for lower C and D level leagues?

Maladus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 01:14 AM
Chalupa Batman
Mod Supervisor

From what you're describing, it sounds like D1 is the right level.

The schedule for the Ice Centre is here:
http://www.icecentre.com/adult-hockey

I was trying to pull up a more specific link, but at the moment, I'm having trouble connecting to the link above.

Chalupa Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 09:26 PM
CunniJA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maladus View Post
The definition for the league was Level 2 - Beginner to Intermediate - Players / Goalies at this level will have some hockey experience but still looking for an easy, fun pace. I am still waiting to sign up but am leaning towards D1 just to make sure I am not too out-matched. I will have to go watch the leagues playing in the playoffs right now, do you know where I can find the game times for lower C and D level leagues?
I'm in a similar boat with with you. I signed up for C8 mostly because Friday nights are good for me. I figure that there really couldn't be too much difference between C8 and D1. If you want, you could sign up as a free agent with me and we could be noobs on the same team together

CunniJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 12:51 AM
Maladus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CunniJA View Post
I'm in a similar boat with with you. I signed up for C8 mostly because Friday nights are good for me. I figure that there really couldn't be too much difference between C8 and D1. If you want, you could sign up as a free agent with me and we could be noobs on the same team together
Hmm...I signed up as a free agent for a D1 team before I read your reply, not sure if I can change it or not and how we would go about signing up to get on the same team.

Maladus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 10:56 AM
CunniJA

Well, I know that there was a place on the registration form to say if there is another free agent who you would like to be on the same team as. I used it because I had a buddy that might have been able to play, but he wasn't. If you are really interested, I bet you could call them and change your preferred league. I think that as free agents, there's really no guarantee that we get the league we want anyway and more just an approximation.

CunniJA is offline   Reply With Quote