HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

General Talk '12 — Latvia

Closed Thread

Old
04-26-2012, 06:03 PM
Latgale_fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Like Wall View Post
I don't think it was best option to put Ignatjevs and Ābols as coach assistants for Nolan. They both are too ambitious themselves and might ignore coach's instructions. Nolan needs assistants like Ozoliņš, Irbe. You know, guys who know the system of NHL.
Yeah, Nolan doesn't need Ignatjevs (who's also played in NHL, by the way) and Ābols, experienced assistent coaches already (well, at least they have some experience) and should persuade an active player and a guy that wouldn't want that role anyway (if wanted they'd find a place for Irbe on the bench).

Znaroks' hockey is not that different as Nolan's... they're both about the same things, playing from defense, being physically ready and cut the number of mistakes + work as a team. Maybe Znaroks hockey still tries to combine Soviet and NA schools a bit while Nolan could be purely NA style coach but it isn't like Nolan tries to make them do something completely new...

Old
04-26-2012, 09:12 PM
Namejs

DAUGAVA MĀJĀS

WELCOME HOME, DAUGAVIŅŠ!

Old
04-26-2012, 09:39 PM
pepty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namejs View Post
DAUGAVA MĀJĀS

WELCOME HOME, DAUGAVIŅŠ!
Good luck to you and to Kaspars,a very popular player for the Sens.

Old
04-27-2012, 07:32 AM
Like Wall

Hopefully he will be much more useful in national team than in Senators. They say he'll be available for the exhibition game against République française

Old
04-27-2012, 12:40 PM
DrStrangelife

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepty View Post
Good luck to you and to Kaspars,a very popular player for the Sens.
Yeah, followed most of his games in regular season, also playoffs where he sadly played only one game( but maybe it was for the best). When I think about the next season, its very unlikely that Daugavins will stay in Ottawa, that's sort of sad, because he probably felt at home there. Not to mention that the fans loved him too.

I really hope that at least his NHL years aren't over and some other team will pick him up. Because of his excellent defensive capabilities I believe he belongs in NHL he also knows how to put the puck in the net too, not often but still capable. If he goes away then there's nobody left in NHL from Latvia, if we assume that he doesn't want to stay in AHL(can we really hope that Kulda or Bartulis will become solid NHL players?(I think unlikely))

All the best to you Daugavins and I hope you'll bring your Magic to this WC too!!

Old
04-27-2012, 01:29 PM
YARR123

This was probably already talked about but why isn't Lauris Darzins on the roster?

Old
04-27-2012, 01:40 PM
Namejs

Quote:
Originally Posted by YARR123 View Post
This was probably already talked about but why isn't Lauris Darzins on the roster?
He's still injured, allegedly. Same as Karsums.

Old
04-27-2012, 01:53 PM
YARR123

Quote:
He's still injured, allegedly. Same as Karsums.
So he got injured again? He played during the playoffs

Old
04-27-2012, 02:14 PM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrStrangelife View Post
Yeah, followed most of his games in regular season, also playoffs where he sadly played only one game( but maybe it was for the best). When I think about the next season, its very unlikely that Daugavins will stay in Ottawa, that's sort of sad, because he probably felt at home there. Not to mention that the fans loved him too.

I really hope that at least his NHL years aren't over and some other team will pick him up. Because of his excellent defensive capabilities I believe he belongs in NHL he also knows how to put the puck in the net too, not often but still capable. If he goes away then there's nobody left in NHL from Latvia, if we assume that he doesn't want to stay in AHL(can we really hope that Kulda or Bartulis will become solid NHL players?(I think unlikely))

All the best to you Daugavins and I hope you'll bring your Magic to this WC too!!
I think Daugavins will be back in the NHL next year. He's a good fourth line guy and seems to be a good dressing room influence. Although that will only take a guy so far, I can see him staying in the NHL for at least another season. He plays an NHL style of game and has the grit that it takes to be successful in a depth role in this league.

Kulda will almost certainly be In the NHL next season. He should have been there his year, but there were some guys on one-way contracts that got in ahead of him. Bartulis may be claimed off waivers if he doesn't make the Flyers next year. I can see the New York Islanders or another team with weak defense claiming him of he comes available.

Old
04-27-2012, 02:22 PM
Namejs

Quote:
Originally Posted by YARR123 View Post
So he got injured again? He played during the playoffs
Well, apparently he was playing on injections during the play-offs and wasn't feeling his best. After the season ended, doctors told him that the injury hasn't healed and he has to start over the whole rehabilitation process.

Btw, Kulda plays tonight against Syracuse. As nasty as it may sound, but I really hope he loses. Winnipeg is out and he doesn't need another Calder Cup.

Old
04-27-2012, 03:05 PM
ozo

Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
I think Daugavins will be back in the NHL next year. He's a good fourth line guy and seems to be a good dressing room influence. Although that will only take a guy so far, I can see him staying in the NHL for at least another season. He plays an NHL style of game and has the grit that it takes to be successful in a depth role in this league.
After being scratched in playoffs I think he won't gamble on another one-year two-way deal once more. He can earn as much in Riga as in Binghampton.

Old
04-27-2012, 03:36 PM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozo View Post
After being scratched in playoffs I think he won't gamble on another one-year two-way deal once more. He can earn as much in Riga as in Binghampton.
I wouldn't be surprised if he got a one-way contract for next season. He stuck with the team after coming up and proved he can play at the NHL level. He may not have the offensive tools needed to be anything more than a bottom 6 player, but he could be useful. However, if he doesn't get a one-way deal he will definitely be back in Riga next season.

Old
04-27-2012, 08:48 PM
Namejs

Kulda's Ice Caps are through to the next round, unfortunately.

So the potential roster is more or less clear now. I highly doubt the Flyers will release Bārtulis and Pelšs' Oil Kings still have plenty of games to play. Besides, Pelšs probably would be a 4th liner anyway, if that.

My guess:

Masaļskis (KHL)
Jučers (KHL)
Raitums (Kazakhstan)

M. Rēdlihs (KHL) - Sprukts (KHL) - Daugaviņš (NHL)
Ankipāns (KHL) - Širokovs (VHL) - Cipulis (KHL)
Meija (KHL) - Džeriņš (KHL) - Ķēniņš (NLA)
Indrašis (MHL/KHL) - Bērziņš (Belarus) - Saulietis (Belarus)
(Jekimovs (SM-liiga) / Štāls (KHL))

K. Rēdlihs (KHL) - Pujacs (KHL)
Tribuncovs (Belarus) - Galviņš (KHL)
Sotnieks (KHL) - Jerofejevs (Slovakia)
(Laviņš (KHL) / Cibuļskis (KHL))

Last edited by Namejs: 04-27-2012 at 09:00 PM.
Old
04-28-2012, 05:53 AM
Namejs

Bārtulis to be released from Flyers after all. His third trip across the ocean in a week.

Our defence is starting to look really solid now. If only Kulda could make it.

Old
04-28-2012, 06:11 AM
ozo

I have only one question, what has Kenins showed that everyone slots him in a lineup already? He currently holds the record for most games played without a single point in our NT. 17 games no points, and he hardly adds some other dimension to this roster, so why are everyone so sure about him, have anyone actually watched him play this season (I'm not, so that's why I'm asking)?

Old
04-28-2012, 07:21 AM
Namejs

Quote:
I have only one question, what has Kenins showed that everyone slots him in a lineup already? He currently holds the record for most games played without a single point in our NT. 17 games no points, and he hardly adds some other dimension to this roster, so why are everyone so sure about him, have anyone actually watched him play this season (I'm not, so that's why I'm asking)?
Ķēniņš had a solid 20+ point season in the NLA. I think the better question is, who else should we get?

Bukarts? He's had a bad season. Again. Doesn't seem to be progressing for 3 years now. Pretty sure Upītis is not even in the team anymore. Jekimovs has been out for 3 weeks with an injury, not sure about him at this point. Macijevskis is 36 yo, lacking in size and plays in a **** tier club in a Norwegian league. Alright, Jass is a feisty chap that might add some energy to our play, but he's not a scorer and I don't think he's competing with Ķēniņš for a place in the roster. Do we have anyone else left?

Old
04-28-2012, 09:38 AM
ozo

Quote:
I think the better question is, who else should we get?
I rest my case.

Old
04-28-2012, 12:10 PM
Buddhaa

Quote:
Kulda's Ice Caps are through to the next round, unfortunately.

So the potential roster is more or less clear now. I highly doubt the Flyers will release Bārtulis and Pelšs' Oil Kings still have plenty of games to play. Besides, Pelšs probably would be a 4th liner anyway, if that.

My guess:

Masaļskis (KHL)
Jučers (KHL)
Raitums (Kazakhstan)

M. Rēdlihs (KHL) - Sprukts (KHL) - Daugaviņš (NHL)
Ankipāns (KHL) - Širokovs (VHL) - Cipulis (KHL)
Meija (KHL) - Džeriņš (KHL) - Ķēniņš (NLA)
Indrašis (MHL/KHL) - Bērziņš (Belarus) - Saulietis (Belarus)
(Jekimovs (SM-liiga) / Štāls (KHL))

K. Rēdlihs (KHL) - Pujacs (KHL)
Tribuncovs (Belarus) - Galviņš (KHL)
Sotnieks (KHL) - Jerofejevs (Slovakia)
(Laviņš (KHL) / Cibuļskis (KHL))
I think that Bukarts will make the roster taking into account his scoring in the previous exhibition games. Not sure, who he will push out - Indrašis? I really don't like Bērziņš (stupid penalties, sometimes floats) and would prefer Štāls in the centre on the fourth line. Saulietis should make it. So Bukarts might push out either Indrašis or maybe Ķēniņš.

Old
04-28-2012, 12:17 PM
ozo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddhaa View Post
I think that Bukarts will make the roster taking into account his scoring in the previous exhibition games. Not sure, who he will push out - Indrašis? I really don't like Bērziņš (stupid penalties, sometimes floats) and would prefer Štāls in the centre on the fourth line. Saulietis should make it. So Bukarts might push out either Indrašis or maybe Ķēniņš.
You think that Berzins floats so Bukarts will outhustle him? But I agree with you that Berzins sometimes takes soft defensive penalties.

Old
04-28-2012, 01:20 PM
Buddhaa

Quote:
You think that Berzins floats so Bukarts will outhustle him? But I agree with you that Berzins sometimes takes soft defensive penalties.
Of course, Bukarts is "a bit" of a floater Still - Bukarts and Berzins are different kind of players and thus are not "in competition". It is rather a question of Berzins vs Stals and Bukarts vs Kenins/Indrasis

Old
04-29-2012, 01:48 AM
BalticWarrior

Indrasis atleast in my opinion was pretty good,2 goals against denmark solid games versus russia i think nolan will keep him.

Old
04-29-2012, 04:47 AM
Namejs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Indrasis atleast in my opinion was pretty good,2 goals against denmark solid games versus russia i think nolan will keep him.
Yeah, Indrašis is most likely staying in the team. I can't really see anything special in him, but since the start of the training camp he's been a part of the first line, so obviously Nolan sees the potential in him, which is also why I don't think Bukarts will make it.

Unless all the talks about a possible Dinamo bias are true, of course.

Old
04-29-2012, 06:22 AM
ozo

I'll laugh when Jass will make it. He looked dominant in one shift in Russian zone, holding up play, shrugging off Russian D like boss waiting for teammates. It would be a nice story if he made it.

Old
04-29-2012, 06:48 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
I'll laugh when Jass will make it. He looked dominant in one shift in Russian zone, holding up play, shrugging off Russian D like boss waiting for teammates. It would be a nice story if he made it.
Well there is slight chance that he will make it in 4th line,he would fit in with nolans gameplan.

Old
04-30-2012, 09:44 AM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
what's the score with France?

Closed Thread