HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edm & van

Old
04-29-2012, 12:14 AM
Matt Ryan
Falcons Rise Up

vCash: 50
just awful for edmonton. I want no part in Luongo or Kesler.

Matt Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 12:40 AM
mcote97

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
-Oiler fans in my experience are equally aggressive.
-You're right, there was a riot last year, but just as not all Boston fans are racists, not all Canucks fans will riot at the drop of a hat. Also, reports are that these riots were spurred on by people who came prepared, win or lose or cancellation, to start something. It happened with the Olympics too.
-Taylor Hall. That's my answer to that. He is a talented player, but he is as bad as anyone we have.
-Only because ripping on your team is so passe We put up with a ton of Oiler trolls in our threads after we were eliminated, and after we lost game 7. It's a two way street.
-Schneider did say that. I'm surprised there wasn't a bigger backlash, but he has also gone on record against Boston, most of our players have said something similar regarding Chicago. I also seem to remember someone (I can't for the life of me remember who though) mentioning the same thing about Columbus, and we all know the Jackets-Canucks rivalry is way bigger then any other.
-Yeah Higgins is really hard to hate. But in the same way I hate playing against Lucic, Brown, Byfuglien, Neil and other similar "110% guys" and Marchand, Avery, the old Cooke, Ruutu and other "instigators", I still find it adds to the fun of games we play against their teams. If you disagree, don't cheer when one of them is hit
Schneider is going to be a bust.... C'mon, calling out Edmonton while getting spanked in the 1st round. Should have been thinking more about Stoll and Kopitars wrist shots that buried him instead!

mcote97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 12:45 AM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcote97 View Post
Schneider is going to be a bust.... C'mon, calling out Edmonton while getting spanked in the 1st round. Should have been thinking more about Stoll and Kopitars wrist shots that buried him instead!
In his defense, he fought like a man possessed. Everything else around him fell apart. A little late to bust though, wouldn't you say?

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 01:13 AM
Asher

I guess I'm one of the few who doesn't want a player who thinks elevating his game in the playoffs means finding the ref and falling down in front of him.

Asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 01:36 AM
mcote97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
In his defense, he fought like a man possessed. Everything else around him fell apart. A little late to bust though, wouldn't you say?
I've been in BC long enough to know the Canucks fans will kill him! Luongo 2.0?

mcote97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 01:38 AM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcote97 View Post
I've been in BC long enough to know the Canucks fans will kill him! Luongo 2.0?
Bertuzzi 3.0? Our bandwagon fans are terrible here. We get a player, he becomes a star, we make him a monster. At least Schneider seems reasonably level headed.

Old
04-29-2012, 03:11 AM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by spot View Post
HA HA....I do understand the hate that we have for the Canucks. HOWEVER, you cannot be serious if you don't think that Loungo would solidify our goal for years to come, and that Kesler would not be the best 2nd line center in the league?? Even if he doesn't score 40 ever again, he has a complete game. Replace him for Gagner and we are set. Yakupov is great but he does not round out our team like adding Loungo, Kesler, and ridding ourselves or Gagner, Horcoff and Khabby would do.
This isn't season mode in NHL 12. You have to consider the salary cap and Luongo has one of the worst contracts in the entire league.

His value is marginal at best.

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 03:17 AM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
This isn't season mode in NHL 12. You have to consider the salary cap and Luongo has one of the worst contracts in the entire league.

His value is marginal at best.
Cap hit is great, and all the reasons anyone has listed for a reason to hate the term have been debunked. Thanks for joining the conversation though.

Old
04-29-2012, 04:32 AM
lakai17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
hmmmmm let me see.

Canuck fans are agressive
They Riot
Their players are big babies, divers, cheap shotters.
Canucks Fans ripped the oil the most when we won the lotto.
Your back up publicly announced that he didn't like edmonton.
Burrows, Kesler, lappiere, and the rest of the team I hate, Except for Higgins.

And so much more. I have started to dislike the canucks more then the flames. The draft lottery thread just sealed the deal
I've never respected a poster soo much in my life.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 04:47 AM
ProstheticConscience
Yes or no, Lester?

*edit*

Hell with it. nvm.

ProstheticConscience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 05:27 AM
nzoilerfan

EDM doesn't do it. They won't give up futures for a goalie on a ten year contract while they are rebuilding. Edmonton is quite happy with it's goaltending right now. Khabibulin is poor yes but we have a good young guy in Dubnyk is on track to being a NHL starter and a couple talented tenders coming into the pro ranks now in Roy and Bunz plus the two highly rated european tenders taken last draft. I think with goaltending it has become more popular to look for a diamond in the rough rather than go after the big name big money guys. Look at how Khabibulin failed for EDM, Bryz in PHI, Fleury is average but expensive, Dipietro ugh, Vokoun hasn't been amazing Washington but he is only on a 1.5m contract so thats pretty decent.

Heck maybe EDM gives Vokoun a call and offers him a 3 year deal and he takes it knowing the direction of the team. It's not a goaltenders market right now they hold relatively little value.

Lol at thinking Luongo gets the 5th from toronto....

nzoilerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 05:51 AM
SoulReaper
Cake is a LIE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzoilerfan View Post
EDM doesn't do it. They won't give up futures for a goalie on a ten year contract while they are rebuilding. Edmonton is quite happy with it's goaltending right now. Khabibulin is poor yes but we have a good young guy in Dubnyk is on track to being a NHL starter and a couple talented tenders coming into the pro ranks now in Roy and Bunz plus the two highly rated european tenders taken last draft. I think with goaltending it has become more popular to look for a diamond in the rough rather than go after the big name big money guys. Look at how Khabibulin failed for EDM, Bryz in PHI, Fleury is average but expensive, Dipietro ugh, Vokoun hasn't been amazing Washington but he is only on a 1.5m contract so thats pretty decent.

Heck maybe EDM gives Vokoun a call and offers him a 3 year deal and he takes it knowing the direction of the team. It's not a goaltenders market right now they hold relatively little value.

Lol at thinking Luongo gets the 5th from toronto....
Theres no way Vokoun signs in Edmonton let alone 3 yeat deal. He wants to win now and thats why he signed with caps at dirt cheap money. Oilers just finished in bottom 2 in the league once again. Why on earth would he go to Edmonton?
As a fan you know Oilers are more than 3 years away from becoming a cup contender.
It's obvious Vokoun will never sign with Oilers this summer

SoulReaper is offline   Reply With Quote