HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Erik Gudbranson

Old
04-27-2012, 01:15 PM
Prongo
Beer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsFan74 View Post
A lot more than what is proposed, unfortunately, and that is based on how important he is going to become to the Panthers. IMO, Jovo is there to help him become JovoCop 2.0.
I came to realize my first proposal was probably bad. And not in the way you think. Gudbranson, yes is a fine player but only in his first year. While JVR will be playing in his 4th professional season and is highly regarded around the NHL. JVR would be part of a package to get a stud(like Weber or someone else) or he would be bought from the Flyers with prospects and picks. Gudbranson does not hold more value then JVR at this moment. As much as people think Gudbranson is the next coming of Pronger or Stevens, he still has a long time to reach that potential(if he ever does). JVR has shown what he can do given the opportunity, which right now with the way the Flyers are playing and his comeback from injury, he doesn't have that opportunity. Gudbranson or even Kulikov would be part of a package to get JVR, not the other way around.

I also feel like this trade would work very well because it is exactly what both teams need. A 1st line winger for the Panthers and a potential top tier defender for the Flyers.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 01:17 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
I came to realize my first proposal was probably bad. And not in the way you think. Gudbranson, yes is a fine player but only in his first year. While JVR will be playing in his 4th professional season and is highly regarded around the NHL. JVR would be part of a package to get a stud(like Weber or someone else) or he would be bought from the Flyers with prospects and picks. Gudbranson does not hold more value then JVR at this moment. As much as people think Gudbranson is the next coming of Pronger or Stevens, he still has a long time to reach that potential(if he ever does). JVR has shown what he can do given the opportunity, which right now with the way the Flyers are playing and his comeback from injury, he doesn't have that opportunity. Gudbranson or even Kulikov would be part of a package to get JVR, not the other way around.

I also feel like this trade would work very well because it is exactly what both teams need. A 1st line winger for the Panthers and a potential top tier defender for the Flyers.

JVR has also shown that he can disappear for long stretches of games, which adversely affects his value. Add to that positional value (D > C > W), and I think it's a stretch to suggest that either of those players is part of a package for JVR.

(And I'm a Flyers fan).

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 01:24 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post

JVR has also shown that he can disappear for long stretches of games, which adversely affects his value. Add to that positional value (D > C > W), and I think it's a stretch to suggest that either of those players is part of a package for JVR.

(And I'm a Flyers fan).
Understandable, but maybe not in a package deal, then a straight up deal. One for one

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 01:25 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 50
Quote:

I'm very neutral, but I don't think JVR is worth more than Gudbranson. JVR has not proven much of anything, to be honest. He'll be 23 in a week and he's never put up more than 40 points or been on over a 50 point pace. His lack of physicality and strength along the boards is infuriating for a guy that's so big, and he's streaky and inconsistent and hasn't really shown me anything that makes me believe that's he'll be a star #1LW. I still think he'll be a top-6 forward, but the "star" idea has passed.

Gudbranson is barely twenty years old and has shown that he can be a top-pairing shut-down defenseman.

I know that Philly fans are mostly down on JVR when he's playing, but that suddenly they're his biggest fan when they come to the Flyers board. When you're a 23 year old former #2 overall pick, there's only so long your best attribute can be "potential". It's got to be "play" or JVR is not going to be a very valuable trade piece.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 01:25 PM
StarsFan74

Quote:

I'm not saying your proposal is bad; value for value based on status-quo, it's probably on-par. However, you have to look at a very strong possibility of what he is projected to become that is going to make Tallon think more than twice entertaining any offer for him. I see (and so does Tallon) a stud d-man in the Pronger, Chara, Weber-vein in Gudbranson and I think Jovanovski has been contracted to do exactly that: Groom him in that vein. These d-men are extremely hard to find, and you saw how the stock for d-men keeps rising. Add to that, Panthers will lose Jovo to old age in a couple of years and most probably let Garrison go via UFA this year. That makes his presence on the squad even more valuable.

StarsFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 01:27 PM
StarsFan74

Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer72 View Post
It's quite simple, and I'm surprised I have to explain it like this. You think that it was more Couturier's play, and I think it's more horrible luck, that's it.
Errr...NO!

Old
04-27-2012, 01:30 PM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Quote:

Panthers pass. Gudbranson is what the Panthers need. While hes not Stevens yet, we will take our chances, and hes also our future captain. The cost to get him out of Florida would be so high that noone would pay it.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 01:49 PM
phlocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Panthers pass. Gudbranson is what the Panthers need. While hes not Stevens yet, we will take our chances, and hes also our future captain. The cost to get him out of Florida would be so high that noone would pay it.
JVR & Gudbranson have abou the same value. One has top line scoring power forward potential and the other has top pairing full-package dman potential. Both have shown flashes of that top end potential to be realized but neither is there yet.

However, just because both players have the same relative potential and are both equally highly regarded by GM's around the league doea not mean that either team would be willing to trade their guy. While JVR may have the same value as Guds and he may fill a huge void on the Panthers I just don't see the Panthers trading him for JVR. If they wanted JVR I think they would persue other avenues than one of their stud young dmen.

Also, to the guy who suggested that it would take JVR + Voracek + ??? you are out of your mind. Yes that is a proposal that the Panthers would accept it is NOThis value. Their isn't a GM in the history of the league that would pay that much. Far far better players than Guds have been traded and THEY didn't return near that much.

phlocky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 01:55 PM
StarsFan74

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
JVR & Gudbranson have abou the same value. One has top line scoring power forward potential and the other has top pairing full-package dman potential. Both have shown flashes of that top end potential to be realized but neither is there yet.

However, just because both players have the same relative potential and are both equally highly regarded by GM's around the league doea not mean that either team would be willing to trade their guy. While JVR may have the same value as Guds and he may fill a huge void on the Panthers I just don't see the Panthers trading him for JVR. If they wanted JVR I think they would persue other avenues than one of their stud young dmen.

Also, to the guy who suggested that it would take JVR + Voracek + ??? you are out of your mind. Yes that is a proposal that the Panthers would accept it is NOT his value. Their isn't a GM in the history of the league that would pay that much. Far far better players than Guds have been traded and THEY didn't return near that much.
Hence "that's what it would take" vs "actual value."

Sensible thing for Panthers to do is to see how he pans out with Jovo mentoring him. Patience is key with guys like Gudbranson. You muck up on that front.....see Chara and NYI.

Old
04-29-2012, 12:24 AM
oil9

dandonov gurdbrandson
for
1st overall pick

oil9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 03:14 AM
Gudbranson44

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil9 View Post
dandonov gurdbrandson
for
1st overall pick
dadonov is part of the carolina organisation... and gudbranson should stay with the panthers...

Gudbranson44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 03:25 AM
LotteryForLife*

3rd round pick and a mascot (that skates well)

LotteryForLife* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 09:29 AM
PanthersHockey1
The Ring of Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post

Also, to the guy who suggested that it would take JVR + Voracek + ??? you are out of your mind. Yes that is a proposal that the Panthers would accept it is NOThis value. Their isn't a GM in the history of the league that would pay that much. Far far better players than Guds have been traded and THEY didn't return near that much.
Currently its a stretch to say they have the same value. In 10 years from now? Ill take my bets with gudbranson thanks.

PanthersHockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote