HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

General Talk '12 — Slovakia

Closed Thread

Old
04-28-2012, 02:41 PM
glassbangers
"I home."

vCash: 50
OK! Could you put a link here when you see an official source? Need to write it to our website.

Old
04-28-2012, 02:45 PM
slovakiasnextone

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glassbangers View Post
OK! Could you put a link here when you see an official source? Need to write it to our website.
http://www.hockeyslovakia.sk/sk/clan...ak-aj-dravecky

Old
04-28-2012, 02:45 PM
Kamzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
J But where exactly is this rebuilding of the team? There are 6 players 25 and under on here.
Which available players are not on the team that you would put there?

Old
04-28-2012, 02:47 PM
glassbangers
"I home."

Quote:
BIG thanks!

Old
04-28-2012, 03:00 PM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamzik View Post
Which available players are not on the team that you would put there?
As I wrote before - Hudáček didn´t even get an equal chance compared to Laco and Hamerlík pre-WC. He did get his chances during the season, but in these pre-WC games, he only got to play Denmark in the first game. Yes, he didn´t play too well in that game, but neither did Hamerlík in the other game against the Danes. Don´t understand why Kytnár was sent home either, he played well and he would have easily fulfilled the 4th C role. With all the Ds that were tried out might as well have tried Štajnoch. Also, I still think that Sŭkora could play better than some of the gentlemen on the roster. It is basically just small things. But it´s the small things that make the big picture.

Also it´s not just about the WC itself. It´s about the work that was done during the season. When I look back at the rosters during the season tournaments despite the good results there were too few young players on them (and some of them even got called only because certain players would not come). There might be not too much room to experiment at the WC for example, but what are these tourneys for?

Also, I´ve been told that this team looks like it does, because we need to qualify for Sochi. We might, we might not. But sometimes I have to think, is it really worth it? Wouldn´t it be better to finally start to rebuild even if it meant that we would have to go through the qualification to get there?

I don´t know, the whole thing just makes me so frustrated and so sad.

But despite everything, I will cheer this team on and I hope they´ll make it as far as they can. But the joy that should be there is just not there anymore with me.

Old
04-28-2012, 03:16 PM
zorz

With Chara and Kopecky your chance for QF are pretty good. Making QF should be most likely enough to finish above Norway. Vujtek probably knows they would fire him if he didn't reach that needed 9th spot in the ranking. When that happens, he will IMO accelerate that needed rebuild to prepare the 2014 team.

Old
04-28-2012, 03:56 PM
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.

Wonder where Marek Svatoš is at this year?

Old
04-28-2012, 05:21 PM
DrPabloRamirez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv View Post
Wonder where Marek Svatoš is at this year?
He is simply not playing ice hockey like Zednik this season or Palffy season ago.

Old
04-28-2012, 05:32 PM
Kesid
The House of Penguin

Quote:
Don´t understand why Kytnár was sent home either, he played well and he would have easily fulfilled the 4th C role.
Say whaat? He was very solid against Czech republic and I expected him to make the team.

Old
04-28-2012, 05:48 PM
croAVSfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
With Chara and Kopecky your chance for QF are pretty good. Making QF should be most likely enough to finish above Norway. Vujtek probably knows they would fire him if he didn't reach that needed 9th spot in the ranking. When that happens, he will IMO accelerate that needed rebuild to prepare the 2014 team.
And why they didn't make quarters last season when they have had almost their whole all-star lineup ?

Old
04-28-2012, 06:52 PM
DrPabloRamirez

Quote:
Originally Posted by croAVSfan View Post
And why they didn't make quarters last season when they have had almost their whole all-star lineup ?
Because of old team without spirit, speed, system and without young guns Zaborsky, Tatar and Panik instead awful Zednik, Cibak, Strbak. It sounds very crazy after 1-7 record in exhibition games, but this 2012 team is sure better than 2011 "all stars" team.

Old
04-28-2012, 10:41 PM
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPabloRamirez View Post
He is simply not playing ice hockey like Zednik this season or Palffy season ago.
Gahhhh.

I might be the only person in the world who bought one of these:

Old
04-29-2012, 01:08 AM
begbeee

Chara is able to stay on the ice for half of a game, but we all know he doesnt always play Norris calibre defense on big ice rink. Kopecky is great depth player, but we are gonna make of him someone who is not - 1st line scorer. Same mistake what we did with Radivojevic.
That being said, our chances are certainly better, but be aware of unfulfilled dreams.

Old
04-29-2012, 03:02 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Because of old team without spirit, speed, system and without young guns Zaborsky, Tatar and Panik instead awful Zednik, Cibak, Strbak. It sounds very crazy after 1-7 record in exhibition games, but this 2012 team is sure better than 2011 "all stars" team.
Have they really convinced you of that? Things might change with the three new additions, but so far they´ve played as bad if not worse than last year´s team. And Marcel Hossa´s face expression during yesterday´s game for example did not seem like everyone´s spirits were too high. Not much speed with this team either with the exception of a few players.

Old
04-29-2012, 03:11 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
I would hope that they´re not that stupid at SZĽH. If he didn´t reach that spot it wouldn´t mean that we won´t play in Sochi. We would just have to play the qualification. Yes, with European players, but that´s basically with what we play the WC too anyway. What is the point f qualifying somewhere if you don´t have a team that could play there for you? Wouldn´t it be more logical to start building a new team now, even if they did not make it right now and would have to play in the qualification? Also, it´s not like this team here is actually a 100% thing to get that 9th spot. Far from it actually. So what do we actually have? An average chance of getting the 9th spot and a year and a half to build a new team...well, if Vujtek can do that then he´s a magician...but I do not expect anymore that the team will be rebuild by Sochi.....there´s always something, first there was OG in Vancouver, then the home WC, now it´s qualifying for Sochi, then it will be Sochi and then will find something again.....if we re lucky maybe by 2020 we´ll have rebuilt the team as our chances of making the OGs will be pretty slim by then....

Old
04-29-2012, 03:49 AM
QnebO

How has Kudroc been in the friendly matches? I havent really followed Ässät at all and dont know what to wait from that guy, but just became interested when spotted you got fel player.

Old
04-29-2012, 04:04 AM
DrPabloRamirez

Quote:
Have they really convinced you of that? Things might change with the three new additions, but so far they´ve played as bad if not worse than last year´s team. And Marcel Hossa´s face expression during yesterday´s game for example did not seem like everyone´s spirits were too high. Not much speed with this team either with the exception of a few players.
Do you remember last year exhibition games against Austria or Belarus U23 team with "stars" like Demitra, Stumpel, Satan, Zednik, etc... We won only two games against Slovenia and Denmark at tournament. 2011 team was poor team with big names (but only names) without energy, spirit, speed, chemistry, with Hanlon as paper coach, we were playing horrible powerplays with "star players" Hossa, Gaborik and Demitra. It couldn´t be worse this season, it will be only better. I don´t expect relegation, we are still better than Kazakhstan or France. I expect placement between 7-12 and it´s the same what our megasuperstars did last year and our "average" players three-four years before.

Old
04-29-2012, 04:05 AM
zorz

Quote:
I would hope that they´re not that stupid at SZĽH. If he didn´t reach that spot it wouldn´t mean that we won´t play in Sochi. We would just have to play the qualification. Yes, with European players, but that´s basically with what we play the WC too anyway. What is the point f qualifying somewhere if you don´t have a team that could play there for you? Wouldn´t it be more logical to start building a new team now, even if they did not make it right now and would have to play in the qualification? Also, it´s not like this team here is actually a 100% thing to get that 9th spot. Far from it actually. So what do we actually have? An average chance of getting the 9th spot and a year and a half to build a new team...well, if Vujtek can do that then he´s a magician...but I do not expect anymore that the team will be rebuild by Sochi.....there´s always something, first there was OG in Vancouver, then the home WC, now it´s qualifying for Sochi, then it will be Sochi and then will find something again.....if we re lucky maybe by 2020 we´ll have rebuilt the team as our chances of making the OGs will be pretty slim by then....
I agree with you, I was not saying what I think, I was just guessing what might be in Vujtek's/SZLH's heads.

Old
04-29-2012, 04:20 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Do you remember last year exhibition games against Austria or Belarus U23 team with "stars" like Demitra, Stumpel, Satan, Zednik, etc... We won only two games against Slovenia and Denmark at tournament. 2011 team was poor team with big names (but only names) without energy, spirit, speed, chemistry, with Hanlon as paper coach, we were playing horrible powerplays with "star players" Hossa, Gaborik and Demitra. It couldn´t be worse this season, it will be only better. I don´t expect relegation, we are still better than Kazakhstan or France. I expect placement between 7-12 and it´s the same what our megasuperstars did last year and our "average" players three-four years before.
Of course I did. And make no mistake, I was not fond of last year´s team at all. I´ve actually been to one of the exhibition games against Austria personally and remember what Pánik brought to the team back then and was really pissed off when he was sent home. I just don´t see any huge difference between last year´s and this year´s team. It´s just cosmetics, last year it were stars on paper at least, this year it´s average at best Euro players mostly. Also, we were not too far from having most of having old stars on the team this year again, were we not? Did not Vujtek ask Pálffy to unretire? Did he not try to persuade Stumpel to come after originally rejecting him as too old? Was he not planning to convince Demitra to unretire from NT before the Yaroslavl tragedy? And who would be sent home if Pálffy and Stumpel decided to come? The young players, although there are once again barely any on the team. Are these the steps of a coach who is rebuilding a team?
And I agree with you about the placement, we should be at least able to beat Kazakhstan and France. With the other teams it´s either no chance or close games that could go either way.

Old
04-29-2012, 04:31 AM
zorz

Quote:
Of course I did. And make no mistake, I was not fond of last year´s team at all. I´ve actually been to one of the exhibition games against Austria personally and remember what Pánik brought to the team back then and was really pissed off when he was sent home. I just don´t see any huge difference between last year´s and this year´s team. It´s just cosmetics, last year it were stars on paper at least, this year it´s average at best Euro players mostly. Also, we were not too far from having most of having old stars on the team this year again, were we not? Did not Vujtek ask Pálffy to unretire? Did he not try to persuade Stumpel to come after originally rejecting him as too old? Was he not planning to convince Demitra to unretire from NT before the Yaroslavl tragedy? And who would be sent home if Pálffy and Stumpel decided to come? The young players, although there are once again barely any on the team. Are these the steps of a coach who is rebuilding a team?
And I agree with you about the placement, we should be at least able to beat Kazakhstan and France. With the other teams it´s either no chance or close games that could go either way.
Maybe I missed something back then, but do we know if he was actually charged to "rebuild" the team by SZLH when they hired him? Maybe they just told him they want to make QF and the Olympics.

Old
04-29-2012, 04:37 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Maybe I missed something back then, but do we know if he was actually charged to "rebuild" the team by SZLH when they hired him? Maybe they just told him they want to make QF and the Olympics.
Well, people at Szľh have been talking about rebuilding for at least 5 years now. It was the aim when Filc was hired 2nd time around and it was the aim when Hanlon was hired. It´s slightly different people right now there, but I doubt that would change. Especially since anyone can see that it is necessary and has been necessary for a while now. Because as we both pretty much agreed earlier what is the point of making it to the QF and Sochi if there´s no team to play there.

Old
04-29-2012, 09:02 AM
BalticWarrior

This slovak roster doesn`t look too good compared to other years,i fear you guys even might have to struggle to get into the QF

Old
04-29-2012, 10:16 AM
Dellstrom
The new age

So glad Chara is playing... I might root for Slovakia

Old
04-29-2012, 10:18 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
This slovak roster doesn`t look too good compared to other years,i fear you guys even might have to struggle to get into the QF
Which other years do you mean now? Last four? It´s not like we made it to the QF then.

Old
04-29-2012, 11:35 AM
begbeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Compared to previous years, roster looked good just on the paper. Well, we still could add excellent paper names like Palffy (yes, that Palffy), Stumpel or Svatos. Does it make us better? Nooooooooo!

Closed Thread