HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

if the Islanders make the playoffs...

Closed Thread

Old
03-15-2006, 02:24 PM
Riddick

vCash: 500
if the Islanders make the playoffs...

could they not only be the hottest team but also one of the most rested too? Id say about 1/3 of the team came from the minors this season, and i KNOW thats not a cake walk, but when these guys come from the minors to the show, thats a whole different gear they all kick it into. Am i just making this up?

Old
03-15-2006, 02:55 PM
NYIsles1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddick
could they not only be the hottest team but also one of the most rested too? Id say about 1/3 of the team came from the minors this season, and i KNOW thats not a cake walk, but when these guys come from the minors to the show, thats a whole different gear they all kick it into. Am i just making this up?
If the Islanders do make the playoffs whoever they play will likely have more rest and a set spot and spot players the last week of the season. That team will be geared up for the playoffs while the Islanders would be fighting down to the final day.

The majority of the Islander team is still comprised of NHL players, also AHL players may have less weeknight games but have to play three games in three days on weekends and travel by bus to most games.

At this point of the year no matter where you play a player will be injured, tired or playing hurt to a degree.

Hopefully they qualify so we can revisit this one.

Old
03-16-2006, 03:38 PM
tool123

Lightning's Burke out indefinitely

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=158841&hubname=

Veteran goalie Sean Burke of the Tampa Bay Lightning is out indefinitely after sustaining a broken finger in practice Thursday.

I believe this helps us in trying to overcome them in the standings!

Old
03-16-2006, 03:45 PM
Richard Park 10

Quote:
You must be the type of guy who yells '7' at a craps table during a hot streak!

Old
03-16-2006, 03:47 PM
Seph

Send a message via AIM to Seph
Quote:
Originally Posted by tool123

Veteran goalie Sean Burke of the Tampa Bay Lightning is out indefinitely after sustaining a broken finger in practice Thursday.

The way Burke's been playing, we're almost better off with him healthy.

edit: Burke's last five starts 4.08GAA Sv% .856
Then again though, Grahame's five starts since the Olympics: 5.55GAA Sv%.789
So I guess it's slightly better having him start. I think his confidence might be a little shot after losing the starting job to Dipietro. If he starts against us, it could go two ways. Either he comes out with an axe to grind and plays great, or he over thinks it and plays horribly. If it's the latter, there's a good chance he'll play Tampa out of the playoffs.

Old
03-16-2006, 03:52 PM
KH1

Quote:
Nope. As stated above, the Isles are gonna be clawing tooth and nail to sneak into the playoffs unless they go on some sort of unprecedented winning streak, so they will be worn out. Especially because of their disturbing lack of depth, especially on defense.

Old
03-16-2006, 03:57 PM
tool123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph
The way Burke's been playing, we're almost better off with him healthy.

edit: Burke's last five starts 4.08GAA Sv% .856
Then again though, Grahame's five starts since the Olympics: 5.55GAA Sv%.789
So I guess it's slightly better having him start. I think his confidence might be a little shot after losing the starting job to Dipietro. If he starts against us, it could go two ways. Either he comes out with an axe to grind and plays great, or he over thinks it and plays horribly. If it's the latter, there's a good chance he'll play Tampa out of the playoffs.
Well that could be said but TB last win, 2-1 win against Montreal...Burke stopped 31 out of 32. Before that, I dont know when was the last time they won. Its only one game but if Burke was getting into the streaky mood ,ala Dipietro recently, it needs to wait.

Old
03-16-2006, 08:38 PM
Eman Resu

Quote:
Originally Posted by tool123

i think this can only help us. unfortunately, lehtonen is healthy...

Closed Thread