HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

if the Islanders make the playoffs...

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-15-2006, 02:24 PM
  #1
Riddick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,319
vCash: 500
if the Islanders make the playoffs...

could they not only be the hottest team but also one of the most rested too? Id say about 1/3 of the team came from the minors this season, and i KNOW thats not a cake walk, but when these guys come from the minors to the show, thats a whole different gear they all kick it into. Am i just making this up?

Riddick is offline  
Old
03-15-2006, 02:55 PM
  #2
NYIsles1*
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 9,539
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddick
could they not only be the hottest team but also one of the most rested too? Id say about 1/3 of the team came from the minors this season, and i KNOW thats not a cake walk, but when these guys come from the minors to the show, thats a whole different gear they all kick it into. Am i just making this up?
If the Islanders do make the playoffs whoever they play will likely have more rest and a set spot and spot players the last week of the season. That team will be geared up for the playoffs while the Islanders would be fighting down to the final day.

The majority of the Islander team is still comprised of NHL players, also AHL players may have less weeknight games but have to play three games in three days on weekends and travel by bus to most games.

At this point of the year no matter where you play a player will be injured, tired or playing hurt to a degree.

Hopefully they qualify so we can revisit this one.

NYIsles1* is offline  
Old
03-16-2006, 03:38 PM
  #3
tool123
Registered User
 
tool123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Wellington, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,151
vCash: 500
Lightning's Burke out indefinitely

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=158841&hubname=

Veteran goalie Sean Burke of the Tampa Bay Lightning is out indefinitely after sustaining a broken finger in practice Thursday.

I believe this helps us in trying to overcome them in the standings!

tool123 is offline  
Old
03-16-2006, 03:45 PM
  #4
Richard Park 10
Registered User
 
Richard Park 10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Manhattan
Posts: 590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddick
could they not only be the hottest team but also one of the most rested too? Id say about 1/3 of the team came from the minors this season, and i KNOW thats not a cake walk, but when these guys come from the minors to the show, thats a whole different gear they all kick it into. Am i just making this up?
You must be the type of guy who yells '7' at a craps table during a hot streak!

Richard Park 10 is offline  
Old
03-16-2006, 03:47 PM
  #5
Seph
Registered User
 
Seph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Oregon
Country: South Korea
Posts: 15,532
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seph
Quote:
Originally Posted by tool123
http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=158841&hubname=

Veteran goalie Sean Burke of the Tampa Bay Lightning is out indefinitely after sustaining a broken finger in practice Thursday.

I believe this helps us in trying to overcome them in the standings!
The way Burke's been playing, we're almost better off with him healthy.

edit: Burke's last five starts 4.08GAA Sv% .856
Then again though, Grahame's five starts since the Olympics: 5.55GAA Sv%.789
So I guess it's slightly better having him start. I think his confidence might be a little shot after losing the starting job to Dipietro. If he starts against us, it could go two ways. Either he comes out with an axe to grind and plays great, or he over thinks it and plays horribly. If it's the latter, there's a good chance he'll play Tampa out of the playoffs.

Seph is offline  
Old
03-16-2006, 03:52 PM
  #6
KH1
Registered User
 
KH1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Under the cap floor
Country: United States
Posts: 16,018
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddick
could they not only be the hottest team but also one of the most rested too? Id say about 1/3 of the team came from the minors this season, and i KNOW thats not a cake walk, but when these guys come from the minors to the show, thats a whole different gear they all kick it into. Am i just making this up?
Nope. As stated above, the Isles are gonna be clawing tooth and nail to sneak into the playoffs unless they go on some sort of unprecedented winning streak, so they will be worn out. Especially because of their disturbing lack of depth, especially on defense.

KH1 is offline  
Old
03-16-2006, 03:57 PM
  #7
tool123
Registered User
 
tool123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Wellington, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph
The way Burke's been playing, we're almost better off with him healthy.

edit: Burke's last five starts 4.08GAA Sv% .856
Then again though, Grahame's five starts since the Olympics: 5.55GAA Sv%.789
So I guess it's slightly better having him start. I think his confidence might be a little shot after losing the starting job to Dipietro. If he starts against us, it could go two ways. Either he comes out with an axe to grind and plays great, or he over thinks it and plays horribly. If it's the latter, there's a good chance he'll play Tampa out of the playoffs.
Well that could be said but TB last win, 2-1 win against Montreal...Burke stopped 31 out of 32. Before that, I dont know when was the last time they won. Its only one game but if Burke was getting into the streaky mood ,ala Dipietro recently, it needs to wait.

tool123 is offline  
Old
03-16-2006, 08:38 PM
  #8
Eman Resu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: the woods
Country: Tibet
Posts: 1,668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tool123
http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=158841&hubname=

Veteran goalie Sean Burke of the Tampa Bay Lightning is out indefinitely after sustaining a broken finger in practice Thursday.

I believe this helps us in trying to overcome them in the standings!
i think this can only help us. unfortunately, lehtonen is healthy...

Eman Resu is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:40 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.