HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCSF Gm#1: KINGS @ BLUES, 4/28/12, KINGS WIN 3-1, Lead Series 1-0 ...

Old
04-29-2012, 11:59 AM
damacles1156

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Carter and Williams have combined for 0 goals on 35 shots. They will start scoring as long as they keep taking shots. I'm not worried.

If you add Kopitar, that would be 1 goal on 55 shots. They are getting their chances, they just need to bury their PP chances and get people to the front.

For more fun, add Doughty and you have 1 goal on 69 shots.
Yup

There is a reason the Cup winner is usually the team with the complete roster.

Bottom six guys are very important in the playoff's.

the Kings top guys right now have about ZERO space to skate, shoot ETC. 69 shots on net, I bet about 50 more were blocked.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 12:00 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

I'm not about to start railing on Carter. It's because he's in the lineup that other forwards are getting chances. I remember the 60 games without him which were the most painful Kings games to watch in recent memory because teams could shut down Kopitar's line and shut down the Kings.

Carter simply existing in the lineup means teams have to shut down two lines, and there are very few teams in the NHL that have enough shutdown guys to do that effectively in a 7 game series.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 12:03 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
I'm not about to start railing on Carter. It's because he's in the lineup that other forwards are getting chances. I remember the 60 games without him which were the most painful Kings games to watch in recent memory because teams could shut down Kopitar's line and shut down the Kings.

Carter simply existing in the lineup means teams have to shut down two lines, and there are very few teams in the NHL that have enough shutdown guys to do that effectively in a 7 game series.
Bingo, It gets tiring too. I mean we cra&*p on Penner and Stoll ALLLLLLLLLLLL season long...

Well look how they are playing when it counts, so far.

It's much more fun and less stressful to just hope they have good games.

Then when they have bad one's, just chalk it up too not their night.

Also just think about next year, when Gagne is healthy and Bud Holloway comes back..... Three scoring lines ? YES PLEASE......

Last edited by damacles1156: 04-29-2012 at 12:09 PM.
Old
04-29-2012, 12:14 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1000
Happy happy joy joy

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 12:32 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Bingo, It gets tiring too. I mean we cra&*p on Penner and Stoll ALLLLLLLLLLLL season long...

Also just think about next year, when Gagne is healthy and Bud Holloway comes back..... Three scoring lines ? YES PLEASE......
Don't forget Parise.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 12:32 PM
nocturn

Quote:

Agree 1000% but you gotta admit it would be pretty nice of Carter to finish off some of those perty passes he's getting. That's all I'm asking for. Those silver platter setups don't come along everyday.

I'm not asking for a blind squirrel to find a nut, I'm asking for a one-eyed squirrel to find one.

nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 12:42 PM
Minor Boarding

Quote:
Don't forget Parise.
Did you mean Parse?

Minor Boarding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 01:05 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Don't forget Parise.
and trade for Eberle or Yakupov, easy game!

Muzzinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 01:25 PM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
I completely disagree. Kreider has looked pretty damn good. Schwartz looked pretty damn good earlier as well, so did Stone. Raw rookies can be effective, they bring a unique passion and energy.

If King is suspended I go to Loktionov first, even on the LW with Stoll-Lewis. I would also rank Cliche, Vey, Toffoli ahead of Westgarth or Clune, of course for those 3 I would move Richardson with Stoll-Lewis and toss one of those 3 with Fraser-Nolan. Clune and Westgarth are useless, beyond useless at the NHL level, especially in playoffs. (This is assuming Clifford, Gagne, Parse are still hurt)
Didn't get a chance to respond to these. (though the issue may be dead for now) But TT is different then Kreider or Stone or Schwartz (who didn't play last nite). Not only are all those guys considered "better prospects" (maybe not Stone), they all are really good skaters. And to be able to drop right into playoff hockey you need to be able to move. TT would look like King is his first NHL games, constantly going the wrong way because he can't keep up with play. Add to to the point that he would be on the 4th line and its just a bad fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrum4 View Post
DD44 on the wing? Come on, man!
In a pinch yes, the Kings are winning now by keeping the score low and pocketing the odd goal. The Kings don't "need" production from the 4th line to win. IMO the odds would be greater that TT blew and assignment that cost a goal then DD44 also think DD44 might be able to work the grind game with Nolan better. Not to mention if this series picks up, you have a 7th Dman if needed in a pinch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9 View Post
Not sure we want to throw a rookie with 0 NHL games under his belt.

Our solid vets have been our strength.

I would love to see if he can bust a Schenn or something though for sure. haha
Pretty much my thoughts....rookies have a hard enough time adjusting to the NHL let alone playoffs. Its a recipe for disaster. Also love the thought that he could help our PP....

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 01:50 PM
jml87

One thing you guys need to understand about Carter. He does not have the greatest corner picking ability, he just takes a lot of shots. In 2010, he shot the puck 335 times. To put it into perspective, this year Malkin shot 339 times for tops in the league. His shots aren't all quality, he just puts the puck on net a lot. That's why in my family, anytime someone shoots the puck wide, we call him Carter because of all the times he tries to hit the corner and misses. I just don't think you should expect him to expertly pick corners.

And he goes through phases like this, where he can't shoot anything in the net and he's just hitting the goalie square in the chest or shooting it wide. It is tremendously frustrating which is why I do not like Richards playing with Carter because Mike is constantly trying to get the puck to Carter even when he can't score a goal to save his life. At the very least they should be split up on the powerplay and Richards should be on the second line.

jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 02:11 PM
lumbergh

We've all bagged on Terry Murray for years now and thank goodness he's gone. On the other hand, you take a look at the METHODICAL way the Kings have played the last six games and have to think that Terry Murray did the Kings a huge favor by laying down a firm structure to the defensive game.

Kudos to Terry Murray for getting the Kings halfway here.

lumbergh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 02:50 PM
Wooty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDGolfer View Post
Would it be bad if they were named in this thread?
Who are you talking about?

Wooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 05:22 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Just for the sake of argument, and if anybody was wondering, overall the winner of Game 1 wins the series roughly 69% of the time, and in the 1st round they were 6-2.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 05:32 PM
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor

Did anyone else laugh after the organist played part of **** You by Cee Lo Green after Voynov scored?

Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 05:32 PM
King Richards
Dry Island II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooty View Post
Who are you talking about?
Who cares, it was always said that there are certain posters who only come here when we're losing to point fingers, and they have proven that by their silence... no need to single anyone out or point fingers.

The bottom line is, a lot of the naysayers about this team are being proven wrong by the Kings' on-ice performance. That's not an opinion, it's a fact.

Personally I'm just enjoying the ride

King Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 05:40 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Kings were the only road team to win game one.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 05:43 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumbergh View Post
We've all bagged on Terry Murray for years now and thank goodness he's gone. On the other hand, you take a look at the METHODICAL way the Kings have played the last six games and have to think that Terry Murray did the Kings a huge favor by laying down a firm structure to the defensive game.

Kudos to Terry Murray for getting the Kings halfway here.
More than halfway... hell, Kopitar's 2-way game alone he should be given coach of the year for.

I'll never forget Kopitar's all star appearance... he just couldn't "turn off" the defensive side of his game. He couldn't help it. It's completely instinctive. Thank god the Kings developed that in him at a young enough age where it is just automatic now.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 05:43 PM
123slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87 View Post
One thing you guys need to understand about Carter. He does not have the greatest corner picking ability, he just takes a lot of shots. In 2010, he shot the puck 335 times. To put it into perspective, this year Malkin shot 339 times for tops in the league. His shots aren't all quality, he just puts the puck on net a lot. That's why in my family, anytime someone shoots the puck wide, we call him Carter because of all the times he tries to hit the corner and misses. I just don't think you should expect him to expertly pick corners.

And he goes through phases like this, where he can't shoot anything in the net and he's just hitting the goalie square in the chest or shooting it wide. It is tremendously frustrating which is why I do not like Richards playing with Carter because Mike is constantly trying to get the puck to Carter even when he can't score a goal to save his life. At the very least they should be split up on the powerplay and Richards should be on the second line.
Exactly why I want him to play with Kopi. Brown.Kopi.Carter. Then Williams with Penner and Richards. That second line might need to be extra cautious as to not turn the puck over too much, but I think splitting up Richards and Carter would spark them both.

123slam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 08:21 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
More than halfway... hell, Kopitar's 2-way game alone he should be given coach of the year for.

I'll never forget Kopitar's all star appearance... he just couldn't "turn off" the defensive side of his game. He couldn't help it. It's completely instinctive. Thank god the Kings developed that in him at a young enough age where it is just automatic now.
I think Kopitar takes a lot of pride in being a 200 foot player.

I am sure Kopitar would love to score a bazillion Goals like Stamkos.

But Kopitar knows this is a team game. Probably gets a lot of satisfaction; out of stealing passes, and breaking up plays.

Last edited by damacles1156: 04-29-2012 at 08:33 PM.
Old
04-29-2012, 08:30 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
I think Kopitar takes a lot of pride in being a 200 foot player.

I am sure Kopitar wold love to score a bazillion Goals like Stamkos.

But Kopitar knows this is a team game. Probably gets a lot of satisfaction; out of stealing passes, and breaking up plays.
I bet he likes PLAYING in the playoffs instead of watching them as well.

Yes, I know Tampa made the playoffs last year.

Old
04-29-2012, 08:33 PM
Nefarious
Classless Doty

Quote:

It's like Penner hibernates in the regular season, and then the beast awakens at playoff time. Good time to wake up, really.

Nefarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 08:35 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefarious View Post
It's like Penner hibernates in the regular season, and then the beast awakens at playoff time. Good time to wake up, really.
Like Franzen a few years ago.