HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dubinsky practicing with full contact jersey

Old
04-29-2012, 01:34 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

vCash: 500
Dubinsky practicing with full contact jersey

Steve Zipay ‏ @stevezipay Reply Retweet Favorite Open
Saw Brandon Dubinsky slowly walking to trainers' room on crutches. Count him out for tomorrow. Boyle progressing, feels better. Good sign.

At least Boyler is progressing and should be back soon. But even though he hasn't been scoring, Dubi is a big piece to our team. He makes the bottom six much better. We can only hope he heals up soon.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 01:36 PM
Brendan Shanahan
I suspend people

Hopefully this doesn't decrease his trade value...

Brendan Shanahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 01:43 PM
Jim Morrison

Honestly, who cares? He's done zero this season. Zero.

Jim Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 01:55 PM
jniklast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Morrison View Post
He's still an upgrade over a guy like Mitchell. And I think he wasn't too bad in game 7. Couldn't score if his life depended on, just like in the regular season, but he had a good primary assist on the series winning goal and worked hard when he played.

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 01:58 PM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

He's been avenged!!!

Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 01:58 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

Dubinskys play has been a big part this season, how can anyone say he has done zero. because he is not scoring goals doesnt mean he does nothing. His tough puck play and play along the boards led to a boyle goal in round 1 as well as girardi's goal in game 7. He is a huge part of this team, especially on the pk. We can win without him, but were better with him in the lineup. That being said, I have a feeling we wont see dubi again this series.

Giglio NYR15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 02:02 PM
Dactyl
💙NASH💙

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyManked View Post
He's been avenged!!!

that gave me a little chuckel

Dactyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 02:02 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giglio NYR15 View Post
Dubinskys play has been a big part this season, how can anyone say he has done zero. because he is not scoring goals doesnt mean he does nothing. His tough puck play and play along the boards led to a boyle goal in round 1 as well as girardi's goal in game 7. He is a huge part of this team, especially on the pk. We can win without him, but were better with him in the lineup. That being said, I have a feeling we wont see dubi again this series.
He's played that way in a handful of games, it isn't the norm for him this season like it has been in the past.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 02:21 PM
ValhallaRising

I honestly think his time as a Ranger is coming to an end. I have always liked the guy and pulled for him to come around, but it seems that he is an expendable piece. I never thought I would say it, but it is time to move on. Stress fractures can be very hobbling, and are a crap shoot as to how they heal. He is clearly not the same player, and this latest injury may be even more debilitating... He also seems a little like a head case and reminds me of a child sulking about his brother getting more candy. The holdouts, the lack of production, and it struck me as odd when he was asked about the mood in the room going into game 6 , he replied" I don't know, ask the guys in the locker room...",as if he was deprecating himself from the team. Trade for 2nd round pick, which gives us room to go after Parise or Ryan, and allows us to resign our RFA's.

ValhallaRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 02:31 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Morrison View Post
He played 77 games for a team that was the best in the East. Now's the time for us as fans to simply hope the guy gets well enough to come back and produce. Keep the ******** for the toilets.

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 02:34 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValhallaRising View Post
I honestly think his time as a Ranger is coming to an end. I have always liked the guy and pulled for him to come around, but it seems that he is an expendable piece. I never thought I would say it, but it is time to move on. Stress fractures can be very hobbling, and are a crap shoot as to how they heal. He is clearly not the same player, and this latest injury may be even more debilitating... He also seems a little like a head case and reminds me of a child sulking about his brother getting more candy. The holdouts, the lack of production, and it struck me as odd when he was asked about the mood in the room going into game 6 , he replied" I don't know, ask the guys in the locker room...",as if he was deprecating himself from the team. Trade for 2nd round pick, which gives us room to go after Parise or Ryan, and allows us to resign our RFA's.
I don't know where you get all this from--he would have been in the locker room for game 6 and I don't have the same impressions. He was obviously a very frustrated player throughout the year but even scoring less he's still a very useful player. He's tradable but unless we wind up with some immediate cap issues I don't see moving him for a 2nd round pick or whatever. It's just not enough. He's still fairly young and capable of playing top 6--a 2nd rounder is a crapshoot pick usually 3-4 years from being ready.

Dubinsky did not have a great series against Ottawa--2 positives--1) he saved Boyle from getting really pummeled by Carkner. The referee surely wasn't going to stop Carkner and it argues against him being distanced from his teammates and Dubi has on several occasions stepped up for other teammates. I don't get him as a prima donna. 2) he set up Girardi for the series winning goal and there's good reason to believe he was already hurting when he did it--that he was gritting out an injury in a do or die game.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 02:37 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Same fools whining about Dubi were whining about Gaborik last season.. And MDZ...

People here are so quick to close the book on someone. Very short, and shallow memories.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 02:51 PM
JayQueensNY88*

Sucks but oh well.Lets be realistic, does it really matter/.he is far from effective anywhere....this was his last chance i believe,did nothing and now injured..yeah he will be moved before the season starts,most likley.IMO.

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 02:52 PM
JayQueensNY88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValhallaRising View Post
I honestly think his time as a Ranger is coming to an end. I have always liked the guy and pulled for him to come around, but it seems that he is an expendable piece.
its like 4-5 years already of inconsistancy..maybe a fresh start elsewhere is what he needs.Move him while u can..I agree with you

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 02:55 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

J.T Miller could replace him mid season.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 02:56 PM
Janerixon

Dubinsky has not played like a top 6 forward this year, no one is debating that. However, you do not win anything in the playoffs without depth. When Callahan was injured last year or the year when Avery and Drury were non-factors vs the Penguins should still resonate how you need bodies that can contribute in other ways.

Dubinsky looked like a solid third liner towards the end of the Sens series, he was doing well on faceoffs, killing penalties, set up the Girardi goal, and doing what was asked of him. His lack of production offensively is disappointing, but I would rather have Boyle and Dubi come back, have Dubi centering a 4th line with Rupp and Anisimov than see Rupp-Mitchell-Eminger ever again.

Gaborik and MDZ were deemed done by many here, clearly they turned it around and it isn't like Dubi is old by any means. He may just be turning into a Vinny Prospal or Martin Rucinsky, a player who is hot one year awful the next, and so on. If that is the case Dubi is going to have a solid year next year or he will be traded over the summer.

I want him back for the playoffs, heal up and come back soon Dubi!

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 03:00 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
Same fools whining about Dubi were whining about Gaborik last season.. And MDZ...

People here are so quick to close the book on someone. Very short, and shallow memories.
Yes but MDZ was still a kid and Gaborik was plagued with injuries. Dubinsky has no excuse.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 03:01 PM
nyrfan1026

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
Dubinsky has not played like a top 6 forward this year, no one is debating that. However, you do not win anything in the playoffs without depth. When Callahan was injured last year or the year when Avery and Drury were non-factors vs the Penguins should still resonate how you need bodies that can contribute in other ways.

Dubinsky looked like a solid third liner towards the end of the Sens series, he was doing well on faceoffs, killing penalties, set up the Girardi goal, and doing what was asked of him. His lack of production offensively is disappointing, but I would rather have Boyle and Dubi come back, have Dubi centering a 4th line with Rupp and Anisimov than see Rupp-Mitchell-Eminger ever again.

Gaborik and MDZ were deemed done by many here, clearly they turned it around and it isn't like Dubi is old by any means. He may just be turning into a Vinny Prospal or Martin Rucinsky, a player who is hot one year awful the next, and so on. If that is the case Dubi is going to have a solid year next year or he will be traded over the summer.

I want him back for the playoffs, heal up and come back soon Dubi!
Therein lies the problem. Well, not the problem I necessarily have with him, but our bi-polar over-reactionary brethren that lurk around these parts.

You have to think if this team is to make a serious run, Dubinsky will be making a big play along the way. And I'm not talking about the series winning assist in Game 7.

I still have some hope for him, but I am sick of hearing his generic "its a new slate/season". Time to put up or shut up. He's quickly playing his way out of town and he's running out of chances to prove his worth as $4 million plus player, though.

nyrfan1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 03:04 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Yes but MDZ was still a kid and Gaborik was plagued with injuries. Dubinsky has no excuse.
Dubinsky is 26... Not an old man by any means. I am not giving him a pass, but along with Boyle and Feds he was one of our best players in the playoffs last year, lets get him back and see what happens.

Old
04-29-2012, 03:05 PM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
J.T Miller could replace him mid season.
In when, 2014? 2015?

Jumbo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 03:06 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan1026 View Post
Therein lies the problem. Well, not the problem I necessarily have with him, but our bi-polar over-reactionary brethren that lurk around these parts.

You have to think if this team is to make a serious run, Dubinsky will be making a big play along the way. And I'm not talking about the series winning assist in Game 7.

I still have some hope for him, but I am sick of hearing his generic "its a new slate/season". Time to put up or shut up. He's quickly playing his way out of town and he's running out of chances to prove his worth as $4 million plus player, though.
I agree, he is not paid like a third liner and needs to turn it on ASAP. I am hoping he will contribute if he comes back (more than just faceoffs, PK, and physically). In the meantime Gaborik has suddenly disappeared during the playoffs and UNLIKE Dubinsky Gabby is getting a lot of minutes and needs to put some pucks in the net.

Old
04-29-2012, 03:09 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
Dubinsky is 26... Not an old man by any means. I am not giving him a pass, but along with Boyle and Feds he was one of our best players in the playoffs last year, lets get him back and see what happens.
Yes but he's needed this year. His play has become extremely predictable and his shiny new contract doesn't make it any better.

I'm not giving up on Dubi, but I'm certainly finding difficulty in keeping faith.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 03:10 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

If we have Dubinsky, Sauer, and Boyle playing, this team looks TEN TIMES SCARIER, with how well it's playing right now.

Let's hope Dubi and Boyle both get back soon and get garbage like Boyle out of the lineup.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 03:11 PM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
He won't say it, but his contract and the expectations of it have to be part of the reason for his poor offensive performance. If we know anything about Dubi, it's that he wants to contribute. I'm expecting a good turn-around season from him next year.

There are a lot of players that suffer from this, so it's not just Dubi. He's filled a role this season on the 3rd line and he's lost confidence in his offense. He'll need an offseason to clear his mind and get back to playing like the Dubi we all have seen play.

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 03:13 PM
MSGFaithful

If he comes back, who do we sit? Kreider? Mitchell has been improving for the last couple of games. Let's not rush Dubi back.

MSGFaithful is offline   Reply With Quote