HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Dubinsky practicing with full contact jersey

Old
04-29-2012, 02:17 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSGFaithful View Post
If he comes back, who do we sit? Kreider? Mitchell has been improving for the last couple of games. Let's not rush Dubi back.
Not sure if serious. For your sake, I really hope not.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 02:18 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

vCash: 500
Quote:
If he comes back, who do we sit? Kreider? Mitchell has been improving for the last couple of games. Let's not rush Dubi back.
Please tell me you're joking.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 02:20 PM
Brendan Shanahan
I suspend people

I also believe that getting snubbed of an 'A' really affected Dubinsky's psyche. Instead of getting it, it went to a new acquired FA in Richards. That had to have bothered him.

Brendan Shanahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 02:21 PM
nyrfan1026

Well Eminger/Bickel would probably split time as the 6th dman and Dubinsky would assume his normal spot in the offensive rotation, I'd assume.

At this point, I think Gaboirk is more likely to sit then Kreider.

Torts: "The players dictate their ice time, so what he gets is what he deserves." (In reference to Kreider)

nyrfan1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 02:23 PM
nyrfan1026

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan Shanahan View Post
I also believe that getting snubbed of an 'A' really affected Dubinsky's psyche. Instead of getting it, it went to a new acquired FA in Richards. That had to have bothered him.
If that were the case then he wasnt worthy of the A, anyway.

He's proving Torts' point when he said that Dubinsky had some maturing to do last season.

Old
04-29-2012, 02:30 PM
Chimp

Scratching Eminger playing wing is a start. Mitchell can easily be scratched for Boyle.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 02:34 PM
JayQueensNY88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
Dubinsky has not played like a top 6 forward this year, no one is debating that. However, you do not win anything in the playoffs without depth. When Callahan was injured last year or the year when Avery and Drury were non-factors vs the Penguins should still resonate how you need bodies that can contribute in other ways.

Dubinsky looked like a solid third liner towards the end of the Sens series, he was doing well on faceoffs, killing penalties, set up the Girardi goal, and doing what was asked of him. His lack of production offensively is disappointing, but I would rather have Boyle and Dubi come back, have Dubi centering a 4th line with Rupp and Anisimov than see Rupp-Mitchell-Eminger ever again.

Gaborik and MDZ were deemed done by many here, clearly they turned it around and it isn't like Dubi is old by any means. He may just be turning into a Vinny Prospal or Martin Rucinsky, a player who is hot one year awful the next, and so on. If that is the case Dubi is going to have a solid year next year or he will be traded over the summer.

I want him back for the playoffs, heal up and come back soon Dubi!
You arent going to compare Dubisnkys absence with callahans last year are you? thats would just be a very bad thing to try and debate.

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 02:36 PM
JayQueensNY88*

Quote:
Sit Kreider,are you serious man??

Im not to worried if Dubi comes back at all. and Mitchell ****ing sucks dude..Your all twisted man.

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 02:44 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayQueensNY88 View Post
You arent going to compare Dubisnkys absence with callahans last year are you? thats would just be a very bad thing to try and debate.
You clearly did not read my post. I said you need DEPTH to make it far in the playoffs, we did not have any depth to replace injured players. Obviously no one was going to come in and do what Callahan did for last years team, but good teams have depth and players have to step it up.

Dubinsky was stepping up for Boyle while he was hurt, maybe not offensively, but he did a nice job on the faceoffs, the PK, and as a shutdown center.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 02:53 PM
Dorado*

Dubi made some big plays against OTT . Anyone thinking not having Dubi in a long PO run snake bit OFF or not is not much of a hockey fan

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 02:55 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Please tell me this is a troll post. Either that or you haven't watched one game.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 03:07 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873
Guys are allowed to have bad seasons. That's all this is for Dubi. Nothing more, nothing less.

Tradable, yes but useful.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 03:25 PM
petejudge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Not sure if serious. For your sake, I really hope not.
maybe you could start with sitting STEVE EMINGER...a DEFENSEMAN PLAYING THE WING

mitchell has been worthless in the post season. boyle and dubinsky back on this team gives you 4 SCARY lines.

petejudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 03:39 PM
Chalfdiggity3

Quote:
Originally Posted by petejudge View Post
maybe you could start with sitting STEVE EMINGER...a DEFENSEMAN PLAYING THE WING

mitchell has been worthless in the post season. boyle and dubinsky back on this team gives you 4 SCARY lines.
Agreed! Take Eminger and Mitchell out and plug dubinsky and Boyle in and were all set to go..

Chalfdiggity3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 03:43 PM
sfox7076

His contract is bad this year based on his performance. If Miller comes in and out performs him, great we can trade him. But. well, until Miller shows up and does something. Dubi should be on the Rangers. The people who want to ship Dubi out are the same people who wanted to trade Gabby last year, trade DZ, and thought Grachev was going to be the second coming of Cam Neely. Dubinsky is having a down year. I get that. Last year he was the best player we had down the stretch and in the playoffs. He led the team in scoring. He played hard every shift. This year he has a new role. He has Hagelin and Richards who are ahead of him (now Kreider too) on the depth chart for offensive talent. So Dubinsky has slipped to the third line based on performance, but he isn't Wade Redden and he deserves a hard long look before he gets traded for the 3rd round pick he would likely bring coming back to us. We trade him and he gets a Gordie Howe hat trick every time we face his new team.

sfox7076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 03:44 PM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

Dubi has made a lot of quality plays this post-season. If he's out for long we will miss him.

With the emergence of Kreider, the return of Hags from suspension... inserting Boyle and Dubi on the bottom 6 would be incredible.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 03:50 PM
TomLaidlaw

Has it been reported what the exact injury is? Ankle? Knee? Or just the generic "lower body" injury.

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 03:53 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 50
I picture him walking down the street with his crutches, and some guy throws a huge garbage can down on its side about 2 feet from where Dubs is standing and says, "Hey bud, can i get

you to just knock that soda can into that overturned dumpster for me?" Duby hits the can with one of his crutches and it flies up and wide to the next yard. He hangs his head and continues on.

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 03:56 PM
Noonan25

Dubinsky is a gritty player, he is doing the things he needs to do. Killing penalties

Sauer is coming back?

Noonan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 04:00 PM
nyrfan1026

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noonan25 View Post
Dubinsky is a gritty player, he is doing the things he needs to do. Killing penalties

Sauer is coming back?
No. Whoever stated that in their post is sorely mistaken.

Old
04-29-2012, 04:03 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Dubinsky has grossly underperformed compared to his new contract. Doubtless about that. Yet he contributes a lot in other ways. I think he could be dealt, but otoh I am not sure that

Does he have
any value at all right now, might be a keeper after all for 3rd/4th line duty on a S C worthy team???

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 04:08 PM
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence

Quote:
Yeah we definitely sit Kreider, who has been our best player the last 3 games.

KreiMeARiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 04:24 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Kreider will never sit again as a ranger ever.. Dubi needs to play better and earn his spot back he has been awful

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 04:31 PM
jacko23
KCCO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayQueensNY88 View Post
Sucks but oh well.Lets be realistic, does it really matter/.he is far from effective anywhere....this was his last chance i believe,did nothing and now injured..yeah he will be moved before the season starts,most likley.IMO.
Spaces are your friend....

Back on topic, i really am totally indifferent on moving Dubi. Ive always liked him and think he can bounce back, but even for a 2nd rd pick....i MIGHT pull the trigger considering our RFAs and maybe a big splash come free agent signing

jacko23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 04:33 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Didn't even realize he was missing. Nor did I really miss him.