HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCSF | Game 1 | Kings @ Blues | 6:30PM CT | TSN, NBCSN, RDS

Old
04-29-2012, 02:51 PM
kittensmasher
moe.ron

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOrganist View Post
Carlo said in JR's blog that he spoke with Petro after the game and AP said he was in a "great deal of pain" which I guess is slightly more encouraging than him saying he was "dazed' or "out of it."

I'm sure his jaw is what's causing the most discomfort after the way it hit the dasher.
It could also mean something's going on with his neck/spine, which could potentially be more serious than a concussion. I'm not trying to be a pessimist and I'd love for you to be right but I have a hard time believing that it's just a problem with the jaw.

The whole Petro situation is just flat-out depressing right now. It's still early and yeah we haven't learned much, but I'm really feeling the sentiments that PocketNines expressed. This just sucks. There's no way around it.

Now the optimist in me is looking at the bigger picture and thinking "Hey, if you had told me before the start of the season that the Blues would win at least one playoff round, I'd have been perfectly happy with that." It's a forward-moving step in the process of this franchise becoming a Cup contender and it's really encouraging to be a part of as a fan. But Pietrangelo is such a joy to watch and such a huge part of this franchise for the next decade that after last night, my being able to truly take satisfaction in the Blues' success this year just became contingent on this not being a serious, career-altering injury. Maybe that sounds overly dramatic, I don't know. It's just how I feel right now. Take the "It'd-be-such-a-shame" feeling that we all felt about Perron's career during those uncertain 10-12 months and multiply it by ten.

kittensmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 03:05 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Before the season, if I knew the Blues would win a playoff series, yes I would be satisfied. However, the Blues are a Cup contender right now. There is no team that I don't think the Blues can beat in a seven game series that's still left in the playoffs. Nashville is a great team, but I think if the Blues played their game, they could beat the Preds too. The only team I didn't see the Blues beating was the Pens, and they're already out. We get the eight seed in the second round and home ice for the rest of the Western Conference playoffs. The Blues could win this.

MattyMo35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 03:31 PM
kittensmasher
moe.ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMo35 View Post
Before the season, if I knew the Blues would win a playoff series, yes I would be satisfied. However, the Blues are a Cup contender right now. There is no team that I don't think the Blues can beat in a seven game series that's still left in the playoffs. Nashville is a great team, but I think if the Blues played their game, they could beat the Preds too. The only team I didn't see the Blues beating was the Pens, and they're already out. We get the eight seed in the second round and home ice for the rest of the Western Conference playoffs. The Blues could win this.
Yeah, by "becoming a Cup contender" I meant establishing themselves as an elite team that competes for the Cup year-to-year; I didn't mean to imply that they don't have a shot at it this year.

kittensmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 03:38 PM
BlueDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Liut View Post
St.Louis radio guy John Hadley has heard a couple rumors saying Petro is ok and should be able to play game 2.
I know people like to bash this guy and I have no idea whether he's right or not, but he did get the Erik Johnson rumors correct over a year ago.

Anyways, it does really suck that Pietrangelo is out, BUT, if we come out playing hard and desperate tomorrow we could still a win at home and hope to get him back for game 3. I know I was in a very bad mood last night as well but let's still try not to be too negative. Obviously we cannot afford to have him out any longer though.

I thought our 4th line was good last night, but if Crombeen and Nichol were able to bury open-net chances we win the game. They still did play with a lot of good energy though. Sobotka played the same way. Other than that none of the forwards were very good. The top 6 has got to step it up - especially Perron, Backes, Oshie IMO.

BlueDream is offline   Reply With Quote