Ward's goal should have been disallowed

Old
04-28-2012, 11:20 AM
Shoebottom
Bruin exiting lair

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaggers View Post
If you roll the video of Ward's goal forward from 1:30, notice how at 1:35 Knuble has slid into the crease, directly into Thomas' face mask, making it impossible for him to see the puck.

Thomas describes this in his post game interview, saying that he never saw the puck go in because Knuble's stomach was pressed into his face.

Exactly. The Bruins were just too classy to make a big thing out of it after the game. Just think that if it was scored with a high stick, it would've been reviewed and disallowed. If goalie interference was reviewable, it also would've been disallowed. I think goalie interefernce should be more reviewable than scoring with a high stick. They need to change that rule ASAP.

Shoebottom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 11:36 AM
WestCoastBruinsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Didn't help Lundqvist, and IMHO that Ottawa goal against him was deliberately kicked in, on top of it being intereference.

It'll probably happen again before the playoffs are over; it'll be interesting to see what happens.
The Lundqjist thing was reviewable and it was unclear if Neil made contact with the puck along with the obvious kicking motion after the review.
The Thomas incident was clear interference and, if reviewable, would have been over turned. Goaltender interference should be reviewed on goals.

WestCoastBruinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 10:11 PM
howaryuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoebottom View Post
Its just deflating because the Bruins were taking it to the caps in the OT. I really believe they would've won. Crappy turn over and a missed call.
I really thought the B's were going to own the first ten minutes of OT, with a good chance of getting a goal. I was but 11 rows up behind the net, saw it happen but my brain did not register it until TT started to skate to the bench. Pretty stunned.

howaryuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 01:05 PM
westernhome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoebottom View Post
Exactly. The Bruins were just too classy to make a big thing out of it after the game. Just think that if it was scored with a high stick, it would've been reviewed and disallowed. If goalie interference was reviewable, it also would've been disallowed. I think goalie interefernce should be more reviewable than scoring with a high stick. They need to change that rule ASAP.
I almost hate to think that they were so banged up and exhausted that the fact they didn't seem to have their "fire" the whole series carried right through into not even caring enough to argue at that point

westernhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 01:10 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernhome View Post
I almost hate to think that they were so banged up and exhausted that the fact they didn't seem to have their "fire" the whole series carried right through into not even caring enough to argue at that point
If they are all so exhausted, why are so many deciding to play more hockey now for their countries?

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 01:23 PM
westernhome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
If they are all so exhausted, why are so many deciding to play more hockey now for their countries?
interesting thought, I guess some of them expect Bergeron to carry them, and when he couldn't hardly skate or shoot due to his injury, nobody offered to carry Bergeron

not sure if I'm a little mad at Krejci or anyone else right at the moment, have to think about this for a bit now that you got my mind on the concept

westernhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 03:32 PM
Lost Horizons
Everybody Wants Some

http://www.bostonherald.com/track/in...die_film_fest/

Quote:

Diehard Bruins fan Denis Leary was disgusted by the barrage of racist tweets that followed the team’s loss to the Washington Capitals after an overtime goal by black Capitals forward Joel Ward.

“That’s ridiculous,” the “Rescue Me” star told me at the Somerville Theatre, where his documentary “Burn” screened at the Independent Film Festival of Boston. “I was more interested in the ‘i-word.’ Interference! Glad to know for future reference we can run the goalie into the back of the net.”

Lost Horizons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 07:23 PM
GloveSave1
-44-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Sanguine View Post
Should have been called, but I have to admit that it appeared far worse after watching the replay. I can't blame the ref for not sticking his neck out to make that call when it all happened to quickly. I'm all right with it.

Personally, I just don't think this Bruins team had enough in the tank to win three more rounds anyway. I would have liked to see it, but without Horton and McQuaid playing, Bergeron a shell of himself, and Chara/Seidenberg already starting to look gassed due to all the minutes that past two years...I just think they showed why it's so hard to repeat in the NHL.
Where's Devorski when WE need him? Haha.

You pretty well summed up how I feel about it all. While we weren't going far with the injuries, the stamina issues, and the epicly bad PP...I would have liked to send WASH packing.

It sounds weak, but rapping things up so we can put our best foot forward for a Cup run next season was prob for the best. It sucked. But prob worked out.

Rest up. Get well. Come back ready/stronger.

GloveSave1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 07:31 PM
GloveSave1
-44-

Quote:
Originally Posted by howaryuh View Post
I really thought the B's were going to own the first ten minutes of OT, with a good chance of getting a goal. I was but 11 rows up behind the net, saw it happen but my brain did not register it until TT started to skate to the bench. Pretty stunned.
I didn't like the feel of OT from almost the start. It felt a lot like the previous game, but on the other foot. The team that carrys the play ussually presses the O, and the other team gets a break. Like Seguin's OT winner.

Esspecially after Bergeron couldn't bury the bouncer, I felt doom coming.

Its a shame it had to happen on a flukey play...but I wasn't shocked to see the Caps take advantage of some sort of give-away/bad bounce that led to some rush. It just smelled like it.

GloveSave1 is offline   Reply With Quote