HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jonathan Quick Appreciation Thread

Old
04-29-2012, 08:38 PM
dogyekcoh*

vCash: 500
Does anyone have the shot/image of Quick crouching low that was shown on NHL on the Fly last night?

dogyekcoh* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 08:39 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogyekcoh View Post
Does anyone have the shot/image of Quick crouching low that was shown on NHL on the Fly last night?
The TSN video labeled "Quick Start" has a really good shot of it.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 08:39 PM
Nefarious
Classless Doty

Quick is the ultimate package of physical ability and mental strength....and the fact that his name is Quick is pretty awesome in itself.

Quick, is that you?

Last edited by Nefarious: 04-29-2012 at 08:44 PM. Reason: pic
Nefarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 08:43 PM
dogyekcoh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
Actually Kevin Weekes on NHL Tonight called it QUICK's "CRAB" style ...

seeing if I can find a video link of it ... because it was a perfect analogy accompanied with the in game video
I like Spidey better. He can spins some iron webs and keeps most of the pucks out of our net. Also, Spider Man is a hero and Quick is my hero. lol!

Old
04-29-2012, 08:44 PM
dogyekcoh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
The TSN video labeled "Quick Start" has a really good shot of it.
Found it!
Thanks Dude!

Old
04-29-2012, 08:56 PM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
You know TSN showed that video of his last save at the end of the game.

In his scouting report, the scout mentioned that. Called it the Low crouch, Maybe (CNS) that Goalie guy can chime in, tell us why Quick does that.

He does look like Spider man.

Quick is also Very Explosive from that Crouch. Ranford say's Quick has legs like Tree Trunks(very powerful legs).
You mean crouch down really low? That's to see the puck through traffic. Legs are skinnier than torsos and if you can't see over a player, look low. Sign of a good goalie is when he does what Quick does. He'll go from high to low trying to find the best view of the puck at all times so he always knows where it is and when it's coming his way. It's really sad how few goalies track pucks like Quick does.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 09:38 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 10:07 PM
Wooty

I would love to see an animated gif of him doing that slide back and forth while in the butterfly position. I am so inflexible watching him do that hurts.

I would do it but I would like it way way more if someone else did it and I just took it.

Wooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 09:18 AM
Inner Turbulence

Send a message via MSN to Inner Turbulence
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post

You know,
Every time I read articles like this with references to the first round "upset" when we beat the Canucks I can't help but chuckle a little bit. This was never a Harry Houdini disappearing act, Mike Tyson losing the World boxing championship to that carpet-cleaner guy Buster Douglas ... (use your own massive surprising result for added effect) ...

Reporters makes it sound like it's the upset of the decade that the mighty Canucks somehow lost to the crappy Kings. It's just a massive show of disrespect for the Kings. Given the way the two teams headed into the playoffs were going the last couple of months in the season it was never ever EVER that unbalanced. Sure, the Canucks were favourites "on paper" ... but not by that much ...

In the modern day with the salary Cap the difference between the best and the worst is marginal. Teams go from lottery picks to challenging for the cup - and vice versa.

just bothers me sometimes :-)

Inner Turbulence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 10:04 AM
Pharseer

vCash: 431
Ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Turbulence View Post

You know,
Every time I read articles like this with references to the first round "upset" when we beat the Canucks I can't help but chuckle a little bit. This was never a Harry Houdini disappearing act, Mike Tyson losing the World boxing championship to that carpet-cleaner guy Buster Douglas ... (use your own massive surprising result for added effect) ...

Reporters makes it sound like it's the upset of the decade that the mighty Canucks somehow lost to the crappy Kings. It's just a massive show of disrespect for the Kings. Given the way the two teams headed into the playoffs were going the last couple of months in the season it was never ever EVER that unbalanced. Sure, the Canucks were favourites "on paper" ... but not by that much ...

In the modern day with the salary Cap the difference between the best and the worst is marginal. Teams go from lottery picks to challenging for the cup - and vice versa.

just bothers me sometimes :-)
Would be nice if our team got the recognition some other teams get, of course I can't deny appreciating the stunned faces on the intermission commentators' faces when they have to give credit for a good period by the Kings.

Quick is just quietly accumulating playoff wins, and a Vezina nod. He's been our MVP this year, and he certainly deserves the accolades. What I love is how he credits the team and the system playing in front of him, and keeps his focus on the next game.

Pharseer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 11:16 AM
sueroe

He has been a beast so far in the playoffs. He is such a calming factor in the game. TSN showed a great spot with him in the blues game scanning through bodies to keep an eye on the puck. Such amazing talent. He is getting much deserved attention and appreciation. My friend is amazed at his agility; says it hurts just watching him make some of the moves he does in net.

sueroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 03:22 PM
dogyekcoh*

So, no one has the overhead shot of Quick laying flat tracking the puck between the legs that they've shown on NHL Tonight with Kevin Weeks? That was an awesome shot of how intense and focus Quick was in the 1st game against St. Louis.
Anyway, I am going to game 4 and I thought I can print out a poster of that.

Old
04-30-2012, 03:42 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime2181 View Post
BIG fan of the guy!! Do you have any links to his back-story though? I'd like to read it. Anyone have any info on how he is personally? I.e. good with fans, will stop for autographs, ect.
I played poker with him in Vegas and he seems like a nice guy and fairly quiet. When he got knocked out I asked him if he would go over and sign a jersey for my daughter and he went right over and did it and spent a few minutes talking with her after he had signed.

I found out later that another girl that was drunk yelled at him to come over to her (Was that you Shellz?) and not bother with my daughter. I was told that he politely told the other gal that he would be over as soon as he finished. My daughter really enjoyed getting to spend a few minutes, Quick didn't have to do that.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 08:09 PM
dogyekcoh*

Brian Engblom just said "Quick looks like a Spider out there". That what I was posting yesterday. How Quick gets down low tracking the puck and making saves with a Spidey form. Kevin Weeks called him Quick the Crab two nights ago. lol!

Old
05-01-2012, 03:34 PM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooty View Post
I would love to see an animated gif of him doing that slide back and forth while in the butterfly position. I am so inflexible watching him do that hurts.

I would do it but I would like it way way more if someone else did it and I just took it.
What hurts me is looking at all the net above him... that really makes me nervious at times (not as much when they have a 2 - 3 goal lead I must admit!!)

GKG!

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote