HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Weber a Norris Trophy finalist.

Old
04-27-2012, 07:08 AM
glenngineer

vCash: 500
Considering how close Weber was to beating Lidstrom last year, it was something like 10 points or less if I'm not mistaken, he wins it this year. While Karlsson had a great offensive season, the award is for the best blue liner which means all around game. Also, with Karlsson getting his first finalist voting, I doubt he gets it. Weber is regarded by many around the league as one of the best, if not the best defenseman in the league.

glenngineer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 08:18 AM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang View Post
I wish they'd get a new trophy...something along the lines of the Bobby Orr or something like that so we can stop hearing about guys like Karllson or Greene.
AMEN! This isn't the Rocket Richard award for dmen... This is the best all-around dman. Otherwise they should start taking a harder look at Mike Green, Dan Boyle, and Dustin Byfuglien every year if they are going to ACTUALLY consider Karlsson.

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 12:35 PM
StrictlyCommercial

Webers got this. Most writers don't vote for younger players with their first place votes. Also, no one watches Ottawa. I lived there for the past 8 months and the only people that go to the games are Toronto and Montreal fans. I assume its similarly irrelevant for sports writers.

StrictlyCommercial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 08:49 PM
Totes Magotes

Coming from a fan of another team. I'd much rather have Weber on my team than Karlsson. That's for sure. And i'm positive i'm not alone on that one.

Totes Magotes is offline   Reply With Quote