HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Negativity-**Only** Thread (A Place to go to vent)

Closed Thread

Old
04-28-2012, 07:53 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleangene View Post
Has Fisher scored since the all-star break???
11 games without a goal. Not that bad really, but he's due.

Old
04-28-2012, 10:05 PM
hockey diva
HFBoards Sponsor

The more I think about it, the less confident I feel. I know we can beat the Yotes but man they are playing so well right now. And Smith is just out of this world. Chicago had more firepower than we do and he shut them down. Goalies have carried their teams to Cups. See Roy for the Habs or Ward for the Canes. Our big guns have to start producing creating doing something in o zone or we are done. And please tell me they worked on faceoffs in practice today?

Old
04-28-2012, 10:18 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
The more I think about it, the less confident I feel. I know we can beat the Yotes but man they are playing so well right now. And Smith is just out of this world. Chicago had more firepower than we do and he shut them down. Goalies have carried their teams to Cups. See Roy for the Habs or Ward for the Canes. Our big guns have to start producing creating doing something in o zone or we are done. And please tell me they worked on faceoffs in practice today?
We put three past him that counted ... plus one that got lost under his pads that didn't go in until the whistle and another just after a whistle.

Based on your posts this season you made it look like you were confident we'd go 0-82-0.

Old
04-28-2012, 11:25 PM
Drake744
Resident Jones Homer

vCash: 325
Quote:
And please tell me they worked on faceoffs in practice today?
Josh Cooper:

Quote:
Face off work: The end of practice was marked by face off work amongst Nashville’s centers. The Predators were beat bad in the face off circle in Game 1, winning just 41 percent of their draws, and losing 59 percent. Phoenix’s game winning overtime score came off a draw. Martin Hanzal won that off Mike Fisher, went forward with it and found Ray Whitney.

“All their centermen are really good. They do a great job,” Fisher said. “We have to find ways to battle and get some more wins and be better in that area.”

Old
04-29-2012, 02:39 AM
torero

time to be negatif

i hate smith !
i hate the yotes !

Old
04-29-2012, 07:38 PM
hockey diva
HFBoards Sponsor

They just keep giving me reasons to be negative. Blown coverage. SK needs to sit! I don't give a damn if he can PK, he is a waste of space right now! Trotz will lose this series because he can't see past his biases!

Old
04-29-2012, 08:05 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
They just keep giving me reasons to be negative. Blown coverage. SK needs to sit! I don't give a damn if he can PK, he is a waste of space right now! Trotz will lose this series because he can't see past his biases!
It was Erat's guy on the goal. Blown complaints ... but Trotz will never sit the negative people here because of his biases.

Old
04-29-2012, 08:23 PM
hockey diva
HFBoards Sponsor

So, I had the wrong guy big deal. The fact is we getting outplayed outscored and frankly embarrassed by this Phoenix team. What kind of positives are there in that?!

Old
04-29-2012, 08:51 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Legwand & klein & his partner all need to be split up

Old
04-29-2012, 09:05 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarding Assets View Post
Legwand & klein & his partner all need to be split up
I know Klein gets most of the grief, but Josi hasn't looked too impressive.

Old
04-29-2012, 09:33 PM
ZombPred
ALLeyeDOizWHEN!

Josi, just get off the ice.

looks lost
so lost

Old
04-29-2012, 09:35 PM
hockey diva
HFBoards Sponsor

Everyone has looked terrible! Waiting to see what "excuses" and "explanations" we will get this time. We just aren't that good right now and I'm not sure we can back on track before being swept out of this round. At least we put up a fight against Vancouver.

Old
04-29-2012, 09:35 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiralyPred View Post
looks lost
so lost
Get legwand, fisher, Suter and the rest of the team besides Hornqvist off the ice too...

Old
04-29-2012, 09:37 PM
ZombPred
ALLeyeDOizWHEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
Get legwand, fisher, Suter and the rest of the team besides Hornqvist off the ice too...
This is also true. There is a thread in SCP thread that Radulov has looked lazy. IMO he has been the only one skating hard and trying to make things work. He's passing well but nobody is ever there.

Old
04-29-2012, 09:55 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiralyPred View Post
This is also true. There is a thread in SCP thread that Radulov has looked lazy. IMO he has been the only one skating hard and trying to make things work. He's passing well but nobody is ever there.
It looks that way, but he's not. He's nowhere close to the effort level that guys like Hornqvist and Bourque are bringing the full 60. He's also trying to force bad passes to covered or non-existent players when he needs to, at the very least, put the puck behind the Phoenix net or get a shot on goal.

Old
04-29-2012, 10:06 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Everyone has looked terrible! Waiting to see what "excuses" and "explanations" we will get this time. We just aren't that good right now and I'm not sure we can back on track before being swept out of this round. At least we put up a fight against Vancouver.
I'll agree with your first sentence. Everyone looks terrible. Losing every damn puck battle and just in general look lazy, especially Legwand.

Old
04-29-2012, 10:52 PM
predfan24

Disappointing doesn't even begin to explain tonight. Preds are getting outworked and are choking with the puck under pressure.

Klein and Josi were straight up awful. Klein fails to tie up Hanzal on his goal.

Suter was overall good but did an awful job tying up Doan on his re-direct. I mean a play like that just infuriates the **** out of me. That's the little things that are killing us right now. Don't take anything for granted and go with the lazy play. It's so easy to stay between your man and the net and tie up your guys stick off a faceoff. Wake the **** up!

Pekka looked spastic in net tonight. He needs to calm down and just let the puck come to him.

Overall I'm not feeling positive at all for the rest of the series. I'll be at the Bridge but my confidence as a fan is shot. What a disappointment thus far.

Old
04-29-2012, 10:57 PM
cleangene

How many times through the season did the Preds give up a goal within 2 minutes of scoring themselves?? This problem should have been addressed a LONG time ago, but has not even been touched. For all those mentions about Nashville being so talented on the blueline, it sure does appear to me that it is very easy for the yotes to score.

Old
04-29-2012, 11:00 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Biggest negative for me is what happens if we lose this series? Right now you just have to worry about the games, but from a much larger perspective what about Weber and Suter?

Old
04-29-2012, 11:02 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleangene View Post
How many times through the season did the Preds give up a goal within 2 minutes of scoring themselves?? This problem should have been addressed a LONG time ago, but has not even been touched. For all those mentions about Nashville being so talented on the blueline, it sure does appear to me that it is very easy for the yotes to score.
Eh...it's a mixed bag. Some of their goals have been defensive lapses, some have been Rinne's fault, but there's been several goals that they've just been in the perfect spot to put home rebounds or bouncing pucks. That just comes down to working to get into the right spot, and our guys needing to work harder to get those loose pucks and bodies out.

Old
04-29-2012, 11:07 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
Biggest negative for me is what happens if we lose this series? Right now you just have to worry about the games, but from a much larger perspective what about Weber and Suter?
suter is gone regardless. weber... idk probably hurts our chances of locking him up long term. I hope not

Old
04-29-2012, 11:11 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by quoth the Raven View Post
I was so tired of listening to the announcers lick the ass crack of every Phoenix player. I felt like they had an endless supply of positive things to say about the Yotes and were dogging the Preds every other sentence. Maybe that's all I was hearing because I was so pissed at the way the games were going but regardless, I miss Pete and Terry and their goofiness.
They deserved to be dogged, because they played like dogs

Old
04-29-2012, 11:15 PM
Neal Before Zod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
I know Klein gets most of the grief, but Josi hasn't looked too impressive.
Both guys were out to lunch for much of the night. Klein's one saving grace was his incredible assist on our first goal. After that, he plain scared me when he was on the ice.

Josi, too.

Time to split them up with Gill and Bouillon. Neither one of them looked stellar, but they were also the only two D men who weren't a minus.

I'm officially on the Bouillon bandwagon. Dude has brought it during the playoffs. I feel more comfortable with him out there than almost anyone else on D.

For the time being, I think it's also time we blow up the Leggy/Rads line...which in turn will...blow up every other line.

A. Kostitsyn--M. Fisher--A. Radulov
G. Bourque--D. Legwand--P. Hornqvist
S. Kostitsyn--N. Spaling--M. Erat
C. Wilson--P. Gaustad--M. Halischuk

Roll the top 3 lines at almost even time. 15-18 minutes. Roll the 4th for about 10-12. Keep everybody fresh.

This should even out the speed, defensive responsibility, toughness/grit, and playmaking/finishing (well, maybe Spaling finally puts one through when Erat and Kostitsyn get tired of passing it back and forth).

Powerplay:
C. Wilson--M. Erat--A. Radulov
G. Bourque--D. Legwand--P. Hornqvist

Wilson is wasting his time playing if he doesn't see the power play.

Penalty kill:
Don't mess with it. Most functional part of our team at the moment.

On D.

R. Suter--S. Weber
H. Gill--R. Josi
F. Bouillon--K. Klein

Old
04-29-2012, 11:17 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

I know it is an unlikely target of aggression, but something that pisses me off is Wilson. What the hell happened to this "can't miss" powerforward? I don't know if this a trotz problem or a wilson problem, but I have never been so disappointed in a prospect in this organization besides Rads leaving.

I know powerforwards take more time to develop, but I am not sure I would even put Wilson into that mold with his style of play. Methinks he has spent too much time with Arnott.

Last edited by TP: 04-30-2012 at 07:53 AM. Reason: mod
Old
04-29-2012, 11:44 PM
predfan24

Our top 2 centers were a combined -5. Ouch

Closed Thread