HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Preds @ Coyotes - three blind mice edition

Old
04-29-2012, 09:50 PM
MrMariusz

vCash: 500
Relax already.
Road losses happen.

We put in plenty on Smith already, just got to play a little more focused in Nashville and we'll take the two games.

I assume no one expected us to sweep PHX?

MrMariusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 09:51 PM
Suter x 20

You're not in trouble until you lose 1 at home.

Suter x 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Legionnaire11

this series is doing NOTHING to change my hatred of the Coyotes, ugly uniforms and easily crushing the Preds

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BourqueBourqueBork

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
im all for canning trotz.

he is the constant with lots of different variables. this is moot if we comeback. . yeah right
You know what the other constant is? We're in the playoffs. Again.

How many other teams can say that? How many other teams struggle to MAKE the second round? How many struggle to make it to the conference finals? The list of teams that consistently make it to the playoffs, and make it on to the later rounds is very small.

Seriously, people.

Yeah, let's get rid of Trotz. Let's join the other teams that dump their coach every few years because they've outworn their welcome.

****. At least wait to can the guy when we miss the playoffs or have a horrible regular season (like Anaheim). Y'all want to hire him before he even loses a series (in the second round at that).

Spoiled. That's all I can say.

BourqueBourqueBork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Russian Pred
ˇNo Pasarán!

Put Lindy in. Change the energy. Do something.

Russian Pred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 09:52 PM
ChesterCopperpot1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsHockey View Post
Phoenix isnt a good team??????? Some of you......just amaze me
They're not that good. They're outplaying us for sure and are much better than is right now but have you not paid attention to how we've been playing?!? We would lose to some college teams tonight

ChesterCopperpot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Reviled
Partisan

Trotz should be waiting in the locker room with a rubber hose and beat the living snot out of the entire team, who then take turns on him.

Phoenix in 5 (maybe 4) if we keep playing like this.

Reviled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jarnberg

At least I get to save money since we aren't making the third round. Phoenix is simply better

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MrMariusz

Trotz is a good coach, definitely the least of our concerns.

Old
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suter x 20 View Post
That's a cute expression, but teams down 0-2 lose the series 85% of the time. That's a fact.

They have emasculated us. This is the worst series we've ever played.

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 09:53 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsHockey View Post
Phoenix isnt a good team??????? Some of you......just amaze me
Sorry, I didn't mean they totally suck. I just mean we're better than them. Or at least, we should be. We finished with more points than them, in a MUCH stronger division. Our roster is deeper than theirs. There's no reason, on paper, why they should dominate us the way they did tonight.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 09:54 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by BourqueBourqueBork View Post

How many other teams can say that? How many other teams struggle to MAKE the second round? How many struggle to make it to the conference finals? The list of teams that consistently make it to the playoffs, and make it on to the later rounds is very small.

Seriously, people.

Yeah, let's get rid of Trotz. Let's join the other teams that dump their coach every few years because they've outworn their welcome.

****. At least wait to can the guy when we miss the playoffs or have a horrible regular season (like Anaheim). Y'all want to hire him before he even loses a series (in the second round at that).

Last time I counted that would be 1 coaching change in over a decade as well as 2 playoff series wins in that span of time.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
PredsHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstreet View Post
we would have lost to Columbus tonight
While I agree with that statement, it doesn't diminish the fact that Phoenix is not a good team. They are VERY good....and I'm going to be honest, a lot of you on here were looking ahead to who we'd rather playing in the WCF rather than looking at our opponent. They play the exact same way we do and get goals based on hustle and their playmakers. While I still thought we would win the series, it was amazing to me that some would have so much confidence when, in reality, we haven't won a da*n thing yet. And then people start throwing Trotz in the ground because they are angry, but were praising his name against the Wings? Lol come on people the Preds weren't focused, made several mistakes that good teams (Coyotes) capitalize on. Can we still win the series? Yes, but we HAVE to win the next two. We split, were done.

PredsHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
INDhockeyfan

Just awful. Totally outplayed. I don't see any positives other than we did win more faceoffs. We got totally frustrated and couldn't do anything right. We got within 1 at the beginning of the period and then blew it. Why did Trotz keep Josi and Klein together? They were totally awful. Gill and Josi were great together. Rads hasn't helped us at all. Go back to the guys who got us here.

INDhockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 09:55 PM
PredsHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
Sorry, I didn't mean they totally suck. I just mean we're better than them. Or at least, we should be. We finished with more points than them, in a MUCH stronger division. Our roster is deeper than theirs. There's no reason, on paper, why they should dominate us the way they did tonight.
Lol its cool no worries wasnt trying to single one person out, just a generalization.

PredsHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 09:55 PM
Legionnaire11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BourqueBourqueBork View Post

Seriously, people.

it's not always a bad deal to change coaches...

St. Louis
Washington
Los Angeles

all made a coaching change during the season and are in the second round. New Jersey hired DeBoer in the offseason.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 09:56 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
Top 10 BIG Problems

1. Letting in the first goal of the game, playing catch-up, not rolling 4 lines.

2. Top offensive lines not doing anything, Phoenix not working to shut them down, therefore checking lines aren't getting a free ride to the net. Surprising how much we rode that to wins in the regular season.

3. Rinne playing like Loluongo

4. She Weber not going beast mode, more like cowardly lion mode.

5. No team plan, everybody playing cluster crap every man for himself hockey.

6. Klein playing like the guy everybody hated before he had a good series against Detroit

7. Hal Gill is slower than Bill Houlder

8. Every shot coming from wide angles and points, none getting through, most missing completely

9. Phoenix getting away with holding, tripping, interference, and goalie interference

10. No puck luck.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MrMariusz

IMO, this is enough of a wakeup call for the Preds to tighten up their play and work their way past the Coyotes at home.

It would also help to not give up the first goal of the game, ffs.

Need more physical play from the Predators btw, Coyotes are hitting harder; this contributed to some of the poorer performances against the Wings in round 1.

Old
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Not sure firing Trotz is the answer, but he needs to get a game plan together. I think he was a little too comfortable with how we played in the 3rd/OT of game 1 and was completely caught off guard tonight. He was thinking "just shake the rust off and improve our faceoffs and we should have no problem." Big mistake. Phoenix is not a pushover team.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 10:00 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
haha was waiting for you.. you used hartnell and radulov as examples? right before they were in the doghouse...

do you know anything about sk's time in montreal? of course he improved... look at him now.

that whole SAD line was very effective. funny part is dumont and arnott were notorious for not hustling and paying attention to the defensive side of the game.

you have one valid name, sullivan. . . not exactly naming guys excelling offensively..
He expects players to operate within the system, but that does not mean suck the offense out.

is what I see from you on this. Even Adam Hall was a better scorer as a Pred than after he left. For all of the gripes about Legwand, he was the statistical median for the second forward drafted as of the beginning of this season (going back to the 1990 draft). After never scoring more than 53 points as a Sabre, Dumont averaged over 67 points per season in his first three years as a Pred under Trotz. Kariya averaged 80.5 points as a Pred under Trotz, a level he exceeded once in the four seasons before joining us (81 pts in 02-03). The FACTS just aren't there to support Trotz sucking the offense out of players.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 10:00 PM
NoNecksCurse

look at the rosters trotz has had....

on top of the fact, the NHL puts in over 50% of the teams in the playoffs. 16/30 ... not to mention, he has had a stud in net every season since the lockout. ill give him credit for the 04 team.. but other than that, see his playoff record

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 10:01 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
it's not always a bad deal to change coaches...

St. Louis
Washington
Los Angeles

all made a coaching change during the season and are in the second round. New Jersey hired DeBoer in the offseason.
How many of them have won 40 games every season since the lockout?

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 10:01 PM
BourqueBourqueBork

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMariusz View Post
Relax already.
Road losses happen.

We put in plenty on Smith already, just got to play a little more focused in Nashville and we'll take the two games.

I assume no one expected us to sweep PHX?
I'm perfectly happy with putting 6 in on Smith. He's not invincible. We need good shots, though. The Yotes are making it tough.

Focus is the key. Primarily with backchecking and puck possession. We need to stop the cutesy passes, blind passes, and half ass clears. Dump ins (when necessary) need to go high off the glass, so Smith can't play it (or it bounces in front of the net...lol).

Backchecking needs work. Legwand and Rads either need to be split up, or demoted to 3rd line after their performance.

After watching us play in the regular season, I can't see how anyone would've thought we'd sweep. The Yotes are far too tough for that. Too defensive. I was thinking Preds in 6...but obviously that's going to have to take a monumental turnaround. Games 3 AND 4 are must win. And I'm certainly hoping our team doesn't quit like some of the fans in here.

I, for one, was praying that we would get Chicago, not Phoenix. ****, I'd rather play St. Louis than Phoenix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suter x 20 View Post
Truth. We win our two home games and we earn a 3rd.

For all the people who think we're down and out going down 0-2, you're selling this team short. Coming back from an 0-2 deficit is on our franchise first's checkoff list. So was beating Detroit.

BourqueBourqueBork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 10:02 PM
1c3

Quote:
Originally Posted by One and Done View Post
If, and the evidence sure points that way, Trotz can't get the job done there are two options for replacement:

(1) Someone (anyone) else who also can't get the job done.
(2) Someone (anyone) else who can get the job done.

The second option improves the team while the first option does not worsen the team.

Oversimplification? Sure.
Accurate asessment? Absolutely.
I was going to ask where you were and suggest that you change your name to Two and Through. Seems to be the new theme with this team.

1c3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 10:04 PM
hockey diva

Regular season wins don't mean **** if you can't win in the playoffs! No one gives a rats ass about the regular season at this time of year. Trotz has won 2 playoff series in 8 tries? I'm sorry but we deserve better at this point.

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote