HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECSF #1| Apr. 29, 2012|Devils at Flyers|3:00 p.m. ET

Closed Thread

Old
04-29-2012, 08:04 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by klikkar View Post
Watching the replay of the OT goal, I believe Voracek deflected it But its just a guess, since the puck looked like it changed trajectory slightly.
Yeah actually watching the replay now during the intermission report, it hit something before it got to JVR. I missed that before. Don't know if it was Voracek or a Devil, but it hit something.

Old
04-29-2012, 08:05 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersfan139 View Post
Haha he was so far out of the net there. That announcer is a dope.
That's Chico Resch. He has a well built reputation for being a huge homer, especially a Brodeur homer. Even Devils fans will admit to it.

Edit: Also, great pics MSE.

Old
04-29-2012, 08:08 PM
RoDu

Hartnell and Jagr didn't have great games either. Not bad, but need to pick it up

Old
04-29-2012, 08:09 PM
nevermore
Cap space since 2005

You're right. Pretty sure it hit Jake's stick.

Old
04-29-2012, 08:10 PM
RoDu

game 1 in both rounds so far have gone to OT and involve a Briere break away goal for our first goal

Old
04-29-2012, 08:11 PM
Vikke
ViktorAllvin twitter

vCash: 685
Lilja was surprisingly solid. Gus was more than solid. Coburn was a monster. Carle didn't have any facepalm moments, maybe one half-moment. Grossmann has been better, expected though, sheltered minutes and back from a concussion. Kimmo was Kimmo. Overall a very good game from our D.

Old
04-29-2012, 08:14 PM
nevermore
Cap space since 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
Lilja was surprisingly solid. Gus was more than solid. Coburn was a monster. Carle didn't have any facepalm moments, maybe one half-moment. Grossmann has been better, expected though, sheltered minutes and back from a concussion. Kimmo was Kimmo. Overall a very good game from our D.
The forwards ****ed up, though. Read on the 1st goal and Voracek on the 3rd - yeah it was a softie, but Sykora should never even have gotten the puck there.
And on the 2nd goal Zajac was Grossmann's man.

Overall the team D was solid, but some mistakes allowed the Devils to stay in the game.

Old
04-29-2012, 08:14 PM
RoDu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
agreed on Lilja, he even pinched in and got as far as behind the Devil's net, and the puck didn't go the other way, he's even being physical

and Gus is just Gus, needs some PP time

Old
04-29-2012, 08:27 PM
duffy9748

Gotta believe it's Lilja who is out when Mez comes back with the way Gus is playing. Either way, it's a great problem to have. You need depth on the back end to go deep in the playoffs and we have it.

Timonen
Coburn
Grossman
Carle
Meszaros
Gus
Lilja
Kubina
Bourdon

My god if this team had a healthy Pronger.

Old
04-29-2012, 08:38 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Their play shows in Lavy's trust in them. The past few years, our 3rd pairing guys would barely play more than 10 minutes. Now we got 3rd pairing guys in the mid teens which gives older guys like Timonen a rest.

Old
04-29-2012, 08:52 PM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Crush 89 View Post
Devils scored 2 goals on 7 shots in the 2nd and 3rd. Both were ugly as hell. I don't hate Bryz, and will give him credit when credit is due, but I'm not going to sugar coat his steaming dooks, take a big bite and walk around with some kind of ****-eating grin.
Lets not forget the other Flyers that contributed to these goals...it wasn't all on Bryz...what is Voracek doing with that cross ice pass with 8 minutes left? Dump it deep, play it safe. Instead, its a 2 on 1 the other way.

Old
04-29-2012, 09:00 PM
Miss Mess

I can't get over it.... Briere had 2 playoff OT goals in 1 game
dude is something else

Old
04-29-2012, 09:04 PM
flyersguy33*

Was only able to catch the third period and overtime and a few highlights so here is what I took away from todays game:

Giroux is a god. His goal was just a thing of beauty. Aint no goalie stopping that. His pass to Harts in OT was also a beauty.

Bryz needs to stay in the net and not play the puck. He is terrible at it and he is better off just staying in the net. He also needs to keep his stick on the ice and cover his fivehole. It really is amazing how many times he has been beaten 5hole this year. When he goes down, instead of keeping his stick on the ice, he flicks it out for whatever reason. Its how he got beat on the third goal today, and there easily could have been a few more.

I loved how our defense got involved in the play. They were making great pinches in the offensive zone and made some really nice breakout plays. The pinching was huge in keeping many plays alive and our offense rotated and covered for them pretty damn good.

JvR looked really really good. He showed some very nice speed on numerous plays, and he looked really strong on the puck. Hopefully he can keep up this play

Old
04-29-2012, 09:22 PM
Flyerfan4life

just got throu that nailbiter..

grats fly boys. but dam Bryz needs to step up and get on fire..

Old
04-29-2012, 09:38 PM
Mike the Situation

Am I the only one who thinks Bryz looks tiny as hell in Net. It seems as if Luongo or Lunqvist are double his size. Bryz looks like he isnt wearing goalie equipment in his chest area

Old
04-29-2012, 09:52 PM
Orange Crush 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike the Situation View Post
Am I the only one who thinks Bryz looks tiny as hell in Net. It seems as if Luongo or Lunqvist are double his size. Bryz looks like he isnt wearing goalie equipment in his chest area
He doesn't seem to butterfly properly, either. He seems really awkward in net, lately. Plus the black gear... black makes you look smaller. I'm pretty sure I remember seeing something a while back about the difference between dark gear and light gear and what shooters see.

Old
04-29-2012, 09:54 PM
Orange Crush 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by achdumeingute View Post
Lets not forget the other Flyers that contributed to these goals...it wasn't all on Bryz...what is Voracek doing with that cross ice pass with 8 minutes left? Dump it deep, play it safe. Instead, its a 2 on 1 the other way.
That's fair enough, I remember thinking at the time what a BS play that was of Voracek and how he should have just dumped it back down low, but it doesn't change the fact that the goal it led to was a weak-ass one. I hate watching Bryz drop to his knees and rather than have the stick flush on the ice in front of him to cover the five hole he flails it out to the side... wtf.

Old
04-29-2012, 09:56 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by achdumeingute View Post
goal goes in = Bryz is at fault
Bryz makes a save = 'well, he's making $51 million'

there are those who will always bash the goalie. they probably yell 'SHOOOOT !!!' for 2 minutes every power play, too.

Old
04-29-2012, 10:02 PM
flyersguy33*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Crush 89 View Post
That's fair enough, I remember thinking at the time what a BS play that was of Voracek and how he should have just dumped it back down low, but it doesn't change the fact that the goal it led to was a weak-ass one. I hate watching Bryz drop to his knees and rather than have the stick flush on the ice in front of him to cover the five hole he flails it out to the side... wtf.
Hartnell sent a slapshot of a pass to him from like 10 feet away. No clue why he made such a hard pass from so close with no one in the way.

Old
04-29-2012, 10:06 PM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
there are those who will always bash the goalie.
You act like Petr Sykora has scored 300 goals in this league or something...

"oh wait"

Old
04-29-2012, 10:12 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post

"oh wait"
Yeah, that doesn't change the fact that the goal is on Bryz.

04-29-2012, 10:23 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walnut View Post
Great effort from 2nd period on. First was awful, but hey it usually is and the layoff didn't help.

Love how Briere justifies his salary when it doesn't effect the cap. Good to see JVR get into the swing of things to.

Roll on Tuesday.
Briere should draw his salary exclusively in the playoffs.

Excellent win after a decent game. The Flyers really have perfected rope-a-dope hockey for these playoffs.

Old
04-29-2012, 10:29 PM
flyersguy33*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post

"oh wait"
you act like Bryz hasnt let in at least 50 goals through his 5hole this season

"oh wait"

Old
04-29-2012, 10:29 PM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersfan139 View Post
It really looks like Lavi is attacking some invisible intruder that we can't see.

Old
04-29-2012, 10:38 PM
JABEE

Does anyone have a replay of the Wayne Simmonds shanked shot? Someone on twitter was saying it went in the net and through. I thought it did too on first viewing. The NHL.com Highlight doesn't have the replay of the missed shot.

Closed Thread