HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dubinsky practicing with full contact jersey

Old
04-29-2012, 04:34 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan Shanahan View Post
I also believe that getting snubbed of an 'A' really affected Dubinsky's psyche. Instead of getting it, it went to a new acquired FA in Richards. That had to have bothered him.
I think the weight of a $17MM contract had far more to do with his issues than the "A".

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 04:42 PM
Fanned On It

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSGFaithful View Post
If he comes back, who do we sit? Kreider? Mitchell has been improving for the last couple of games. Let's not rush Dubi back.
How do you even consider sitting Kreider at this point? You think Mitchell is improving but you don't mention Kreider's rapid improvement?

Dubi is a sad story for me... I want him to succeed with the NYR so bad, and I know he doesn't want to be anywhere else but with the Rangers. It's just very clear that he has absolutely no confidence in himself right now... at least not offensively.

He has been fine on the PK and has been PRETTY good cycling/protecting the puck behind the opposing team's net, but I want to see him get to the front of the net and start banging bodies and burying rebounds. If he plants himself in front of the net and stays strong there, he will get all those opportunities he's waiting for.

A couple of concerning things about Dubi are his decisions/reactions and his current skating ability. His decision making seems to have slowed down and his reactions when it comes to handling passes and giving passes seems a little below par for what Dubi can do. And on his skating, why is he falling down so much? I don't know if I'm making this up, but I feel like Dubi fell down when he could've made some nice plays this season... could just be me nitpicking though.

If he sticks around for next season I'll be pulling for him like always.

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 04:49 PM
NYR2047
WebMD Trained Doctor

I think after Eminger the likely and only choice should be John Mitchell, although i do have to agree that he has been getting better.
However, I would much rather see Mitchell stay in the lineup to make sure that Dubi and Boyle are 100% them having fresh legs could be a key in future games.

NYR2047 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 05:03 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

What's the injury?

GregSirico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 05:05 PM
turcotte8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSirico View Post
What's the injury?
"Lower body" is probably the answer from the Rangers. Doubt we'll know anymore unless his season is over.

turcotte8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 05:09 PM
Fanned On It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
I picture him walking down the street with his crutches, and some guy throws a huge garbage can down on its side about 2 feet from where Dubs is standing and says, "Hey bud, can i get

you to just knock that soda can into that overturned dumpster for me?" Duby hits the can with one of his crutches and it flies up and wide to the next yard. He hangs his head and continues on.
Knocking a huge garbage can with a crutch actually doesn't sound easy... lol.

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 05:11 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Get back to the lineup soon, Dubi.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 05:45 PM
ck20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValhallaRising View Post
I honestly think his time as a Ranger is coming to an end. I have always liked the guy and pulled for him to come around, but it seems that he is an expendable piece. I never thought I would say it, but it is time to move on. Stress fractures can be very hobbling, and are a crap shoot as to how they heal. He is clearly not the same player, and this latest injury may be even more debilitating... He also seems a little like a head case and reminds me of a child sulking about his brother getting more candy. The holdouts, the lack of production, and it struck me as odd when he was asked about the mood in the room going into game 6 , he replied" I don't know, ask the guys in the locker room...",as if he was deprecating himself from the team. Trade for 2nd round pick, which gives us room to go after Parise or Ryan, and allows us to resign our RFA's.
Yea, we should have given up on that Gaborik guy after he couldn't even break 30 goals 2 seasons ago, he clearly would never had bounced back to form while playing for the Rangers. And that Lundqvist character? He's played some pretty bad games and let in all those soft goals, why do we even bother with him?

One down season does not define a person's career.

ck20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 06:25 PM
MSGFaithful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Not sure if serious. For your sake, I really hope not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Please tell me you're joking.
I'm joking.

MSGFaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 06:27 PM
MSGFaithful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santini5389 View Post
How do you even consider sitting Kreider at this point? You think Mitchell is improving but you don't mention Kreider's rapid improvement?

Dubi is a sad story for me... I want him to succeed with the NYR so bad, and I know he doesn't want to be anywhere else but with the Rangers. It's just very clear that he has absolutely no confidence in himself right now... at least not offensively.

He has been fine on the PK and has been PRETTY good cycling/protecting the puck behind the opposing team's net, but I want to see him get to the front of the net and start banging bodies and burying rebounds. If he plants himself in front of the net and stays strong there, he will get all those opportunities he's waiting for.

A couple of concerning things about Dubi are his decisions/reactions and his current skating ability. His decision making seems to have slowed down and his reactions when it comes to handling passes and giving passes seems a little below par for what Dubi can do. And on his skating, why is he falling down so much? I don't know if I'm making this up, but I feel like Dubi fell down when he could've made some nice plays this season... could just be me nitpicking though.

If he sticks around for next season I'll be pulling for him like always.
I am joking. Do you honestly think, honestly, that they would sit Kreider? He's never leaving the lineup.

Kreider has been God-like, Mitchell is slowly improving his play, I don't know what to do with Dubi.

Old
04-29-2012, 06:31 PM
NYR2047
WebMD Trained Doctor

Quote:
I am joking. Do you honestly think, honestly, that they would sit Kreider? He's never leaving the lineup.

Kreider has been God-like, Mitchell is slowly improving his play, I don't know what to do with Dubi.
I don't know Kreider seemed to be a step behind everyone

Old
04-29-2012, 06:32 PM
MSGFaithful

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyRangers2047 View Post
I don't know Kreider seemed to be a step behind everyone

Old
04-29-2012, 06:37 PM
NYR2047
WebMD Trained Doctor

Quote:
However as its been mentioned multiple times sitting Eminger and Mitchell seems to be the logical choices... that would leave a solid 4 lines

Old
04-29-2012, 06:43 PM
SERE 24
LGR

I highly doubt we give up on Dubinsky this off-season. The only way he's going anywhere is if he's packaged in a larger deal, and I honestly don't see it happening. He'll get another chance to prove he's an integral part of the core. I strongly believe that he still is, character-wise, even when not producing, and I think he played fairly well this year and just was snake bitten and thus his lapses were much more apparent. I think he'll bounce back a bit next year, but I also think he's going to just end up being a solid, two-way, 45-50 point, character guy. I know he didn't come anywhere near 50 points this year, but I honestly think he can easily bounce back 10+ points next year. You don't judge his entire career on his one bad season; he should be at least around 45 points each year.

I do believe the weight of the new contract impacted him early on and then not producing early got in his head and things just never picked up. I actually thought he did heat up a bit towards the end of the season. I also think not getting the A was a disappointment to him, even though he said all the right things and was a good soldier about it. It was discussed a lot going into the season, he was interviewed about it and I'm sure in his mind, he started to want it. That's not an excuse, but I think it had some impact. Either way, I think he'll be given another year and I think he'll bounce back to 45+ points.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 06:49 PM
NYR2047
WebMD Trained Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
I highly doubt we give up on Dubinsky this off-season. The only way he's going anywhere is if he's packaged in a larger deal, and I honestly don't see it happening. He'll get another chance to prove he's an integral part of the core. I strongly believe that he still is, character-wise, even when not producing, and I think he played fairly well this year and just was snake bitten and thus his lapses were much more apparent. I think he'll bounce back a bit next year, but I also think he's going to just end up being a solid, two-way, 45-50 point, character guy. I know he didn't come anywhere near 50 points this year, but I honestly think he can easily bounce back 10+ points next year. You don't judge his entire career on his one bad season; he should be at least around 45 points each year.
I agree I don't see him being moved this off season unless its to get someone like Bobby Ryan. In my opinion i believe he will at least get a chance to prove himself again next season... still not preforming i can see him being moved at the trade deadline. This also all depends on what is occurring in the standings, if the team is first again then maybe not however 6th or 7th i can see him being moved.

Old
04-29-2012, 06:56 PM
OverTheCap

Dubinsky is a massive upgrade over both Mitchell and Eminger. I think people are riding a little high after the Game 1 victory, because that is not a sustainable 4th line going forward. Mitchell was responsible for two goals against in the 1st round and made a bad turnover that resulted in a goal against the Caps during the regular season, I feel like he is a ticking time bomb defensively.

So far as Dubi's disappointing season, he totally changed his training regimen in the offseason because of last year's stress fracture. He's usually a player that comes strong out the gate but he didn't this year, and I think some of that may be due to the difference in how he trained. The slow start messed with his head and he played with little confidence for much of the year. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets traded sometime in the near future, but I feel like he's the type of player that will bounce back so it's a bit risky unless the return is a surefire upgrade.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 07:43 PM
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain

bad ending to an even worse season for dubi.

Ryan McDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 08:54 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi17 View Post
bad ending to an even worse season for dubi.
Really hope its not the ending....but I dont think we see Dubi again this series.

Giglio NYR15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 10:30 PM
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks

His point production has been dreadful this season. Even still it's faulty logic to not see the Rangers as better with him in the lineup. He's just plain better than the contributions Mitchell brings, more useful than Rupp considering he can take a regular shift in the middle or on the left side, and is a vast improvement over Eminger at the fwd position.

SlingshotVv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 10:51 PM
lbrowne

Once Dubi comes back and plays hard like he usually does, who is next in line to be picked on by the negative nancys?

Can we go through one stretch where people are NOT campaigning to get rid of someone when they hit a rough patch? Holy.

Get better soon Dubi - you won't be held out of the lineup when you're ready to go.

lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 11:00 PM
ReggieDunlop68
Hey Hanrahan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Not sure if serious. For your sake, I really hope not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Please tell me you're joking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayQueensNY88 View Post
Sit Kreider,are you serious man??

Im not to worried if Dubi comes back at all. and Mitchell ****ing sucks dude..Your all twisted man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
Please tell me this is a troll post. Either that or you haven't watched one game.
Haha, you guys have no sense of a rhetorical question.

He's not saying that anyone should sit. He's saying that Dubi will not be missed at the moment and that nobody, especially Kreider, should sit for him.

ReggieDunlop68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 11:01 AM
bernmeister

I'm just guessing but from what's in this thread I'm hoping he returns for next series.

That said, do we get to call up an injury replacement, and if so who?

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 12:06 PM
n1cON
bleeds blue ! ! !

Oh man, bad news for him. Can somebody tell how he got the injury and are there some news about him?

Anyway, get well soon Dubi!

n1cON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 01:14 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Morrison View Post
Honestly, who cares? He's done zero this season. Zero.
Ya only gave Girardi a perfect pass right in the slot, and contributes on the forecheck and physically.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 01:18 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrowne View Post
Once Dubi comes back and plays hard like he usually does, who is next in line to be picked on by the negative nancys?

Can we go through one stretch where people are NOT campaigning to get rid of someone when they hit a rough patch? Holy.

Get better soon Dubi - you won't be held out of the lineup when you're ready to go.
Honestly there are a lot people on here who dont appreciate anything a guy does. The same people who campaigned for Rozi to be gone while he was our best D man for two seasons and has been rock solid for Pho. Everyone wants to jump the gun on a player and than Dubi is a huge part of another team if hes gone.

I like the kid hes a guy who can create a play out of nothing, one of the only players we have who can do this. Which is so key against tough Defensive teams who if we ever should advance to the Cup Finals we will play.

And i dont understand the picking on Mitchell. WHO HAS BEEN A SOLID PLAYER ALL ****IN SEASON! What the hell do same fans watch. Hes done nothing wrong all season on the fourth line and even can contribute offensively which he has done. I really dont get what people watch out there. Rupp is the one guy who should be in and out of the lineup, but even he has elevated lately. People have to realize you dont get far with weak players, and i think we have a good shot at getting to atleast the Conferance finals, which is far and if we had two guys in Mitchell and Dubi not doing anything and sucked we wouldint make the playoffs, the NHL is that tight.

Look at Wolski on Fla the same guy people wanted to play here, he played one playoff game and was out. You can win with weak player not one, so if these guys were what some of you think we wouldint win.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote