Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

It really just hit me ....

Old
04-26-2012, 05:04 PM
westernhome

vCash: 500
still hitting me pretty hard

the thread on the main making fun of Peverley doesn't help, as he is one of our most honorable classy players

strangely this actually made me feel a tiny bit better: OT goal should not have counted

westernhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 06:17 PM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie27Seguin19 View Post
Waking up this morning was so tough, it seriously just hit me that the bruins are no longer in the playoffs.

Hearing ottawa vs nyr tonight and realizing i have to watch hockey cheering forateam other than mine and cant look forward to anything positive for the rest of this year from boston, really suck bad

well its gonna be a great day right .... (expecially living in montreal and all )

i dont think they know their team didnt even make the playoffs ......
Ya must be young cuz you`d be a touch more used to it happening if a bit older

Disappointed for sure but.....our boys ran outta steam, toss in our top players going cold, and a goalie made to look like a HOF`er.

Toss in Bergy`s inability to play the way we needed him to (I think a healthy Bergy would have ended the series in OT with the chance he had)

This will sound harsh but it`s how I feel,

If this team had of won last night, with the injuries that they have/had, I am not confident that round number 2 would have us feeling any better about things.

This organization has come so far in a short time under Chia/Cam and CJ, they have their warts, they make their mistakes, show me an NHL/Sports franchise that doesn`t, but I`ll take what this team is offering this fan in comparison to the absolute garbagio we fans were being force fed by Sinden/MOC era

see ya`ll next season, Cup Champs 2012/2013

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 06:20 PM
AnchoRager

I woke up shaved my beard and put on my Whalers cap. I think I will wear it the rest of the playoffs.

AnchoRager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 06:24 PM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnchoRager View Post
I woke up shaved my beard and put on my Whalers cap. I think I will wear it the rest of the playoffs.
I woke up, went to Physio, went to work, came home, ate dinner with Mrs.Odaat and paid 2 bills, life goes on, I love my Bruins, but there is always life after hockey seaosn ends

Old
04-26-2012, 06:28 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post

Disappointed for sure but.....our boys ran outta steam, toss in our top players going cold, and a goalie made to look like a HOF`er.

Toss in Bergy`s inability to play the way we needed him to (I think a healthy Bergy would have ended the series in OT with the chance he had)

If this team had of won last night, with the injuries that they have/had, I am not confident that round number 2 would have us feeling any better about things.

This organization has come so far in a short time under Chia/Cam and CJ, they have their warts, they make their mistakes, show me an NHL/Sports franchise that doesn`t, but I`ll take what this team is offering this fan in comparison to the absolute garbagio we fans were being force fed by Sinden/MOC era

Excellent analysis, as always.

(IMHO they missed McQuaid too.)

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 06:35 PM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Excellent analysis, as always.

(IMHO they missed McQuaid too.)
Bigtime Artemis, bigtime, this team is just that, a team, and they are so tight and comfortable with one another that when there are injuries like Quaider/Horty/Bergy, it just disrupts so much.

Again, so pumped about the future of this team and for some of us more "experienced" fans, in comparison to some of the stuff we`ve been force fed for far too long......I`ll take it

Old
04-26-2012, 06:41 PM
DarrenBanks56

it sucks.
i knew once we drew wsh we were in for it.
They had our number all season. just a bad matchup.
If khodubin didnt make 99 saves against ott that game we wouldve been onto round 2.

DarrenBanks56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 06:48 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Bigtime Artemis, bigtime, this team is just that, a team, and they are so tight and comfortable with one another that when there are injuries like Quaider/Horty/Bergy, it just disrupts so much.

Again, so pumped about the future of this team and for some of us more "experienced" fans, in comparison to some of the stuff we`ve been force fed for far too long......I`ll take it
Too bad you're so far away, it'd be great fun to take in a day with another "great mind" at development camp this summer.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 06:52 PM
DarrenBanks56

Quote:

you telling me out of possibly facing ott, fla, or phi in round 2, you wouldnt feel confident?
i could see phi giving us fits, but they didnt play the system like wsh was playing. and bryz is a head case.
even with a hurt bergie, I would take ott and fla any day in a 7 game series.
Im pretty sure we had great road to at least the conference finals if our top guys got their heads out of their ***** last nite, or better yet since the series started.

Old
04-26-2012, 07:18 PM
PJ1991

Waking up to the first day of the Bruins not being Stanley Cup champions sucked. They're not even a full 24 hours unseated from the top yet, we don't know who's going to replace them, we just know their time is done. And it ended in a pretty crappy way so it's hard not to wake up feeling a little empty. I have to say though, as disappointed as I was and am, I can't remember taking a loss this easily. Montreal, Carolina, Philly.. Those series devastated me. I can't even describe the mix of anger, sadness, disgust, whatever it was that I felt after the early exits in years past. This year? It sucks, but it was expected. Maybe not in the 1st round, maybe not in a game 7 OT, but most of us knew it was coming one way or another. And if there's any trophy in sports that there's no shame in not winning multiple times in a row, it's the Stanley Cup. So I'm not happy and it's gonna be tough cheering for someone else, but I understand. I don't blame anyone. I'm still more grateful for our cup run last year than I am upset with the loss this year. It would be so much worse without that.

PJ1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 11:51 AM
westernhome

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ1991 View Post
Waking up to the first day of the Bruins not being Stanley Cup champions sucked. They're not even a full 24 hours unseated from the top yet, we don't know who's going to replace them, we just know their time is done. And it ended in a pretty crappy way so it's hard not to wake up feeling a little empty. I have to say though, as disappointed as I was and am, I can't remember taking a loss this easily. Montreal, Carolina, Philly.. Those series devastated me. I can't even describe the mix of anger, sadness, disgust, whatever it was that I felt after the early exits in years past. This year? It sucks, but it was expected. Maybe not in the 1st round, maybe not in a game 7 OT, but most of us knew it was coming one way or another. And if there's any trophy in sports that there's no shame in not winning multiple times in a row, it's the Stanley Cup. So I'm not happy and it's gonna be tough cheering for someone else, but I understand. I don't blame anyone. I'm still more grateful for our cup run last year than I am upset with the loss this year. It would be so much worse without that.
it is true, it is hard to hate Washington much at all, it's nothing at all like watching Montreal get lucky and win a series where you feel like just smashing your television to little pieces...

and it actually does help a little to know that the Bruins got robbed on a bad call for the OT winner, so one can still say we never really lost

Old
04-28-2012, 02:43 PM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenBanks56 View Post
you telling me out of possibly facing ott, fla, or phi in round 2, you wouldnt feel confident?
i could see phi giving us fits, but they didnt play the system like wsh was playing. and bryz is a head case.
even with a hurt bergie, I would take ott and fla any day in a 7 game series.
Im pretty sure we had great road to at least the conference finals if our top guys got their heads out of their ***** last nite, or better yet since the series started.
not with an injured Bergy unable to take so many key draws, injuries don't just affect the injured player I don't need to tell you.

No Horty, no Quaider (most likely) Z taking a nose breaker just to name a few not to mention an absolute ton of games within the last 2 years......nope, not confident at all, I wasn't confident (in spite of my flag waving) the moment Bergy clearly wasn't Bergy

Old
04-28-2012, 07:27 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
No Bruins hockey indeed sucks....Thinking today that the Flyers more then likely would have wiped the ice with us anyways, but still would have liked seeing it.

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 07:31 PM
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
No Bruins hockey indeed sucks....Thinking today that the Flyers more then likely would have wiped the ice with us anyways, but still would have liked seeing it.
Don't think the Flyers would have beat Boston. Boston always plays them tough. The Flyers have no goaltending. The D is hurting. The only teams that the B's would have struggled against were the Pens and Rangers.

Central Scrutinizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 10:16 PM
disfigured

Send a message via ICQ to disfigured Send a message via AIM to disfigured Send a message via MSN to disfigured Send a message via Yahoo to disfigured
It's not "hitting me" the same way as the O.P (and other posters).

For 2 reason.

1. The obvious, last year's cup victory was a long time coming and does ease the pain.

2. And here's the bigger reason. I didn't feel confident in this team because of the way they were playing. You could almost see it coming. Sure they're good at close games, but what they were doing in this series was being good at keeping the games close, not necessarily winning close games. By the time the 7th game rolled around they had only done that (win) equal to the Caps, and not nearly in as good a statistical fashion. They were behind a lot, and not just a lot, essentially all the time. Where as the Caps even though they played a similar defensive game always potentially had that underlying capability to score goal(s). As soon as I saw Bergeron losing 1on1 battles and getting his stick lifted multiple times, that bad feeling got worse. He is such an important figure on this team, that can't be overstated. He is just that good, and at so many facets of the game. Holtby seemed unwavering and we weren't doing much to see what might cause him to falter.

The good thing is, with a banged up Bergeron, no BigMac, and no Horton, we took what appears to be a quite capable and formidable foe (defensively too) right down to the wire. With a new "bad taste" in their mouths, some additions and some healthy players coming back I think next year will be quite a season.

And with that I sign off for the summer.

disfigured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 05:20 AM
YzerGuy
Overpaid 4th Liner

It's still hitting me that I don't have Bruins hockey to watch. I mean I guess I can get into the games a little with the Manchester/LA connection to root for but it's still pretty depressing.

YzerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 07:33 AM
DarrenBanks56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post
Don't think the Flyers would have beat Boston. Boston always plays them tough. The Flyers have no goaltending. The D is hurting. The only teams that the B's would have struggled against were the Pens and Rangers.
agreed.
thats why it still hurts.
im hoping for the kings to beat the flyers in the finals.

Old
04-29-2012, 12:15 PM
westernhome

this year's cup was the Bruins to win again, it is pretty devastating

Old
04-29-2012, 03:28 PM
missingchicklet

It sucks that the Bs are out. It sucks also to realize how the field of teams is not exceptionally strong now. But in all honesty this team looked worn down and did not have the spark and fire of last year's team. It would have been a minor miracle if we had won the whole thing this year.

missingchicklet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 08:31 PM
GordonHowe

Two cents before this thread disappears. It's a game, not the end of the world, but...

I'm 48 & I've been through it all with the B's -- the good, the bad, and the ugly. And I mean *ugly.* They're out of it and as much it's "NHL first & foremost" for me, can't bring myself to watch much of the playoffs yet.

Add to that, I far prefer autumn & winter to impending summer. So, a bit bummed overall.

But, as noted elsewhere, here (one hopes) comes Dougie. Imagine Z mentoring DH the next few years. Something to look forward to, no? Staple Seguin to Patrice. Keep Tim if he wants to stay (unless, emphatically, he doesn't, and you have to get something in return).

Fan. Short for fanatic.

Stay cool, ladies & germs. Will check in frequently,

;-\

GordonHowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 11:17 PM
fordaith

To be honest, it didn't really bother me at all, because I never felt the playoff vibe at all. I guess the abscence of the looming threat of possibly playing the Habs at some point during the postseason didn't help. Couple that with the fact I've watching the Norfolk Admirals destroy people this season. About March my focus shifted to the more tangible team that I can physically follow through the playoffs this year, and been following the AHL pretty hardcore. Now if they get bounced, I'll be mad.

fordaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 06:45 AM
CosmicSpoon

Good news is "Goons and Goalies" report to Ristuccia septemer 9th.
NHL 13 comes out on ps3 and xbox360 september 12

CosmicSpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 06:50 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordaith View Post
To be honest, it didn't really bother me at all, because I never felt the playoff vibe at all. I guess the abscence of the looming threat of possibly playing the Habs at some point during the postseason didn't help. Couple that with the fact I've watching the Norfolk Admirals destroy people this season. About March my focus shifted to the more tangible team that I can physically follow through the playoffs this year, and been following the AHL pretty hardcore. Now if they get bounced, I'll be mad.
I hear ya, I mentioned that in another thread, or earlier in this one, as satisfying and fun as it was to see the Habs not playing playoff hockey, some good ole fashion hatred to begin the 1st round may have helped things.

Let`s be honest, some of our troops just weren`t as willing or capable of bringing up their level of intensity and committment as they were last year. Complacency, will to win, effort???? I don`t know, I have never been on a Cup winning team who`s played a ton of hockey in the last two years, to me, I don`t believe for a minute it was about not caring, or lack of effort, I think it was all about fatigue, too many vets who hold both themselves and others accountable for them to let some off the hook with the "effort" thing.

I have one player that I need not mention that I have the biggest issue with, other than that, I just think our boys literally ran outta steam, the heart was there, the bodies (of which there were some key one`s missing too and injuries) wouldn`t/couldn`t respond.

Time to move on, look forward, an exciting era in Bruin hockey about to begin, a potential sighting of a kid named Hamilton is possible, Knight and Spooner (who both may need a bit of time in Providence) will commence next fall, call me excited, it was barely 5 years ago where there wasn`t one viable prospect that I was truly excited about, not close to being the case now.

Last word, with Bergy`s injury, and the other key guys missing, as much as my heart tells me they`d go all the way, the realistic part of me says they woulda gotten eaten alive in the 2nd round.