HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Preds @ Coyotes - three blind mice edition

Old
04-29-2012, 10:32 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
our leading forward in points this year had a whopping 58 points (erat) ... wow

2011-2012 erat 58 points
2010-2011 sk/erat 50 points
2009-2010 sullivan/hornqvist 51 points
2008-2009 dumont 65 points
2007-2008 arnott 72 points
2006-2007 kariya 76 points
2005-2006 kariya 85 points

looks to me someone is sucking the offense out of the forwards... other than kariya (hall of fame?) .. and the SAD line our forwards are inept at getting on the scoresheet.

and im fine with being defense first... it seems alot of NHL teams are switching to defense first and its working.. STL, LA, PHX, NYR.. but my gosh... at least have a game plan and pay attention to the defensive side if thats going to be our sticking point.
And we ranked where in 15+ goal scorers? 10+ goal scorers?

Individual stats are great ... ask Stamkos or Nash since they missed the playoffs. We don't depend on one guy to do it all, the TEAM scores. We scored more goals per game than 22 other teams in the regular season more than 20 teams at 5on5 play. In the playoffs we're 4th in goals per game scored.

More facts getting in the way of your contention offense is sucked out.

The only thing that sucked lately is the team's defensive play.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 10:33 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
with teams like PHX, LA, STL, NYR, BOS, WAS.. im not sure thats saying much.

team defense and pekka have been the bigger problem this series rather than offense. i agree. the complete opposite of the 1st round.
If you look, Philly and Pittsburgh are 1/2 for GF/G but we all know that's because of the shootout first round they had.

Moving past them, Phoenix is 3rd and we're 4th.

All I'm saying is that we can score goals, need to tighten up on defense and would help if Rinne could catch on fire too.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 10:33 PM
Iron Duke

Grrr, 3 should have been enough to beat them. Just not acceptable...

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 10:35 PM
BourqueBourqueBork

Quote:
our leading forward in points this year had a whopping 58 points (erat) ... wow

2011-2012 erat 58 points
2010-2011 sk/erat 50 points
2009-2010 sullivan/hornqvist 51 points
2008-2009 dumont 65 points
2007-2008 arnott 72 points
2006-2007 kariya 76 points
2005-2006 kariya 85 points

looks to me someone is sucking the offense out of the forwards... other than kariya (hall of fame?) .. and the SAD line our forwards are inept at getting on the scoresheet.

and im fine with being defense first... it seems alot of NHL teams are switching to defense first and its working.. STL, LA, PHX, NYR.. but my gosh... at least have a game plan and pay attention to the defensive side if thats going to be our sticking point.
I really don't care who leads us in points when we're scoring by committee. We had 2 more goals than Tampa Bay this season, and they have this guy named Stamkos that scored more goals than Erat had points.

BourqueBourqueBork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 10:36 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by BourqueBourqueBork View Post
I really don't care who leads us in points when we're scoring by committee. We had 2 more goals than Tampa Bay this season, and they have this guy named Stamkos that scored more goals than Erat had points.
Too busy to look up the stats now but didn't we have the post players with more than 30 points at the end of the regular season?

Old
04-29-2012, 10:39 PM
roseyc

Well were down now 2-0 and we have not looked good. Phoenix right now is the better team. Granted they are getting all the bounces on bad ice and the ice is bad. But on the other hand they are hustling to the puck and we aren't. Klein and Legwand what are you doing. These two players are inigmas they can play good and then play just horrible. The play by Legwand is typical Legwand sometimes the light isn't on. We couldn't overcome the two bad plays by Klein and Legwand. The game 5 against the Wings the light was shining bright. But in the first two games it's needs a new bulb. Our centers are playing horrible ...Legwand, Fisher and Spaling. We can still win this series but not like we are playing now. Does Trotz have the answers that is the big question. Sk is back in invisible mode again. We better wake up ...Suter and Erat and Bourque are the only ones playing ...Radulov has no options when he makes his moves. Because Legwand has ruin all his rushes.

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 10:41 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
And we ranked where in 15+ goal scorers? 10+ goal scorers?

Individual stats are great ... ask Stamkos or Nash since they missed the playoffs. We don't depend on one guy to do it all, the TEAM scores. We scored more goals per game than 22 other teams in the regular season more than 20 teams at 5on5 play. In the playoffs we're 4th in goals per game scored.

More facts getting in the way of your contention offense is sucked out.

The only thing that sucked lately is the team's defensive play.
defense has been a bigger problem than offense no doubt. but when we get behind, we struggle bad. phoenix is owning us at our game.. sit back, wait for a mistake, and capitalize.. my point.. when defense gets pounded into a forwards head over and over, its hard to go into offense mode when we dont have a style for that. we simply dump and chase.. most of our offense is generated strictly from defense. see tonight.

but i agree , defense and pekka must be better or we wont make it past 5 games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
If you look, Philly and Pittsburgh are 1/2 for GF/G but we all know that's because of the shootout first round they had.

Moving past them, Phoenix is 3rd and we're 4th.

All I'm saying is that we can score goals, need to tighten up on defense and would help if Rinne could catch on fire too.
i agree with all of this.

Quote:
i agree with this as well. see top of my post for more insight. like i said though, defense is engrained in this team from day 1 .. and when it struggles (okay sucks) we are inept at being able to generate offense from our forwards. hello weber almost leading our team in points in multiple seasons...

NoNecksCurse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 10:43 PM
BourqueBourqueBork

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
Too busy to look up the stats now but didn't we have the post players with more than 30 points at the end of the regular season?
11 30 point guys (9 forwards)
11 10 goal guys (9 forwards)

Last I had checked (right before the playoffs), that was tied for the most in the league.

Offense being stifled is a total joke.

Old
04-29-2012, 10:54 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
11 30 point guys (9 forwards)
11 10 goal guys (9 forwards)

Last I had checked (right before the playoffs), that was tied for the most in the league.

Offense being stifled is a total joke.
I strongly disagree.

I could see why you feel the way you do. but ive watched 99% of this franchises games since 03.. and well I feel the way I do.

staying on the bandwagon though. maybe if rinne, legwand, fisher, and co. stop sucking we can get this to a game 6 in nashville. then we would have a chance. its not over but **** this team is the joke sometimes

NoNecksCurse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 11:29 PM
BourqueBourqueBork

Quote:
I strongly disagree.

I could see why you feel the way you do. but ive watched 99% of this franchises games since 03.. and well I feel the way I do.

staying on the bandwagon though. maybe if rinne, legwand, fisher, and co. stop sucking we can get this to a game 6 in nashville. then we would have a chance. its not over but **** this team is the joke sometimes
I've watched just about every televised game since around that time, and been to probably 40-50 in person, and I disagree that it's Trotz. If Trotz had taken a premier scoring talent (from elsewhere) and ruined them, I might agree. That's not been the case, as obviously players like Kariya, Sullivan, Arnott, and Dumont had some of their best years of their careers (or the best in many seasons) while in Nashville. Of the players who have moved on...can you name anyone besides Hartnell that has lit it up? And it's not like Hartnell had bad seasons here, either. He's just playing beside Claude ****ing Giroux and Jaromir ****ing Jagr in Philadelphia.

Personally, I think we've just had very bad draft luck with landing truly elite forwards. Radulov was supposed to change that...but obviously he had his whole Russian fling, and we don't know what he will look like IF he's even here next season.

I'm sure Trotz's system cuts down from the high end possible numbers our guys could get...but at that point, you're sacrificing defense for scoring. The truth is, we don't and have never had a player (that at his time here) was capable of scoring 90-100+ points.

Old
04-29-2012, 11:40 PM
Leaf

Quote:
Personally, I think we've just had very bad draft luck with landing truly elite forwards. Radulov was supposed to change that...but obviously he had his whole Russian fling, and we don't know what he will look like IF he's even here next season.
Given his current playoff performance, I wouldn't want him to stick around. He looked awful that game.

Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 11:47 PM
BourqueBourqueBork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf View Post
Given his current playoff performance, I wouldn't want him to stick around. He looked awful that game.
Him and Legwand looked great in the first series, though. It's not the entire playoff performance.

This series, though, yes, I would say he looks like he's regressed into his former self. A floater that's careless on defense. And that's putting it nicely.

If he starts skating hard again on the backcheck...I'll be fine with him.

Old
04-30-2012, 12:04 AM
Everlong
Franchise Pillar

Defense getting crossed up and missing assignments.

Legwand having an atrocious day including that handball move that left me irate.

Radulov needs to learn how to compose himself and stop whining so much. If he put half as much effort in his complaining as he would working down low in the offensive zone, he'd have a point or two.

Rinne didn't help by overplaying a few shots.

Frustrating game.

Everlong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 12:18 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Looking at the statistics some positives to try to take away from this game:

We were 2 for 2 on the PP. 2 for 2 on the PK.

Faceoffs: Big turn around from game one. Game one we won 32 and Phx won 46 faceoffs. Game two: We won 38 and Phx won 35.

Old
04-30-2012, 04:35 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantBeatMyPekka View Post
why does Doan not get a penalty on spaling there too?
Because Doan is the feel good story of the playoffs now and the Coyotes are becoming the darlings, the-little-team-with-no-owner-that-could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drw View Post
I don't know if I will ever get over that play by Legwand......

I will say this, even though we have absolutely sucked, the Coyotes are getting some unbelievable fortunate bounces on some of their goals. Even on the Legwand play, what are the odds he throws it right to a Phoenix player and it directly leads to a goal........
He learned that crap last year. I think everyone must be forgetting Legwand flipping the puck over the net last year vs Vancouver and it bouncing off the Canuck into the net. Only this time I think he forgot where he was and that it was Pekka in the net, not Smith. Legwand has been bad the last 2 months, just dumb play. I don't understand that play. Throw it towards the wall. Throw it down and Josi is right there and he could clear it or at least shoot it around the boards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
I was expecting Game 1 to be that wakeup call. A little concerning that it wasn't.

It's like the team thought: Sweet, we've got the Coyotes next round. They suck, we'll probably crush them. Yeah, we played bad in the first 2 periods of Game 1, but look how much we dominated them once we decided to start playing in the 3rd and OT! We're awesome, we can turn it on whenever we want.

NO focus at all tonight. Gross.
Exactly my thought.

They really look like they put all their playoff energy into beating Detroit and now just expected Phoenix to be a cakewalk.

Welcome to the playoffs Power Play. Please stick around because we are going to need you!

Horacek needs that speech again...this is the playoffs, your regular season effort won't get it done and if guys don't want to do the work then they can sit out. We have Halischuk, Smith, Wilson, Tootoo that are dieing to get back into the lineup.

Game 3 is going to have to be their best effort of the playoffs. It can't wait until a game 4 elimination. Basically for all intents and purposes game 3 is an elimination game. Channel the effort from game 5 against Detroit.

And the crowd will have to help, too. None of this defeatist crap at the game. If the team gets down, get them back up. No sitting on your hands and complaining all night!

COME ON, PREDATORS!!! It's time for some ****ing beast mode Preds! Now dammit, let's go.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 05:29 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Can we please put Hustlechuk back in the lineup? Atleast he's 100% hustle.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 08:16 AM
RaiderDoug

We can analyze this thing a million different ways.

The entire team is playing like crap.

The offense has scored a few, they also can't get the puck through the neutral zone with any regular basis, they can't even compete a pass with any regular consistency. They can't get anything set up in the attack zone.

The defense can't stop turning the puck over, can't find the trailing man on a rush, and can't clear the puck very well. Even 6/20 aren't doing anything of note.

Pekka Rinne has picked a fine time to play average.

I think this team has dug way to big of a hole against this opponent to climb out of.

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 08:25 AM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
While I'm equally upset, I wouldn't go as far as to say we can't climb out of this. Home ice has been pretty good to us overall, and to say we can't win two straight here is crazy. Win the home games and take just one away game. It's not that tall of a mountain to climb against Phoenix.

Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 08:36 AM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
Didn't watch the postgame but man, they really ripped into Radulov.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...US7AzEsrR7vLYF

Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 08:39 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Dahhhh...that one was a tough watch.

First poor game of the post season, though. Back to the Bridge!

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 09:21 AM
VFL615*

After going straight to bed last night without speaking to anyone in the house i have a few next day comments.

This is the most disappointed i have been about the Predators in a very long time.

We are getting out hustled and want to by a team we have no business losing to. If there was ever a time the Preds have had everything set up for a good run and then watch them piss it away to a league owned Yotes team makes me puke in my mouth.

I am not sure what is up with Peka but he is going to have to play better for us to even have a shot at turning this around.

All the fire Trotz talk is letting your emotions and heat of the moment loss talking.
It is very clear this team is losing on lack of effort, bad on the spot mistakes by players, and a goalie who is not playing like a 7+ million dollar goalie. I am not sure how that calls for Trotz head. Trotz cannot play the game for them.

If we do not win both games at home this series is over.

This series contiues to show we have a huge problem at center. Fisher needs to be a 3rd line center and Legwand needs to be showed the door. Hopefully if anything comes out of this series those two glaring problems will.

VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 09:26 AM
Fortheloveofthegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
After going straight to bed last night without speaking to anyone in the house i have a few next day comments.

This is the most disappointed i have been about the Predators in a very long time.

We are getting out hustled and want to by a team we have no business losing to. If there was ever a time the Preds have had everything set up for a good run and then watch them piss it away to a league owned Yotes team makes me puke in my mouth.

I am not sure what is up with Peka but he is going to have to play better for us to even have a shot at turning this around.

All the fire Trotz talk is letting your emotions and heat of the moment loss talking.
It is very clear this team is losing on lack of effort, bad on the spot mistakes by players, and a goalie who is not playing like a 7+ million dollar goalie. I am not sure how that calls for Trotz head. Trotz cannot play the game for them.

If we do not win both games at home this series is over.

This series contiues to show we have a huge problem at center. Fisher needs to be a 3rd line center and Legwand needs to be showed the door. Hopefully if anything comes out of this series those two glaring problems will.
Announcers mention that the Preds are missing a "creative" center. So true.

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 10:03 AM
cleangene

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
Announcers mention that the Preds are missing a "creative" center. So true.
Why do we ALWAYS have something missing??

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 10:12 AM
Reviled
Partisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back Ties View Post
I was going to ask where you were and suggest that you change your name to Two and Through. Seems to be the new theme with this team.
LOL. I'd love to go "Two and Through", followed by "Three and Free", then "Four and ...uhh, uhhh, Shmore?" Unfortunately the board doesn't allow frequent name changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
Y'all...we are most definitely not going to be firing Trotz during the playoffs, so can we please keep all this ruckus about firing him for the offseason and focus on talking about the actual game/series right now? Just sayin...
OK. So next week then?

Trotz is like the diety of a religion to some of you. Anything good is because of Trotz's absolute brilliance and anything bad is 117% the players' fault.

Reviled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 11:33 AM
SuperUke99

Quote:
Originally Posted by One and Done View Post
LOL. I'd love to go "Two and Through", followed by "Three and Free", then "Four and ...uhh, uhhh, Shmore?" Unfortunately the board doesn't allow frequent name changes.

OK. So next week then?

Trotz is like the diety of a religion to some of you. Anything good is because of Trotz's absolute brilliance and anything bad is 117% the players' fault.
The fix is easy, add in Jordan Friggin TooToo and Ryan Ellis. Boom.
Nashville is getting outhit....by Taylor Pyatt?? crazy.

SuperUke99 is offline   Reply With Quote