HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

ECSF Game 1: Washington Capitals @ New York Rangers. 3pm. MSG. 4.28.2012

Old
04-29-2012, 10:07 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
The first half of the first period the Rangers dominated. Shot blocking really helped the Caps out though, as it did for the Rangers.

Game ended 3-1 Rangers. That W was something that was part of the plan.
Congratulations. Your team dominated half a period. I'm sure that's a sustainable manner to win lots of playoff games.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 10:13 PM
xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycoonheart View Post
Bruins fans were much much much classier than them.
well, except for the racism.

xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 10:14 PM
tycoonheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander View Post
Well, aside from the racism.
I'm talking about HFBoards Bruins fans that came over here to post.

Thanks for trying.

tycoonheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 10:14 PM
ForzaItalia

Why do Rangers fans even post here? All I see is tools with the very odd cool one.

ForzaItalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 10:15 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
Congratulations. Your team dominated half a period. I'm sure that's a sustainable manner to win lots of playoff games.
Oh don't forget the third period too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
It's amazing in retrospect how much less cocky and insecure bruins fans were on here despite having a much more threatening team.

Wonder if getting spanked out of the playoffs the last 2 times we met and barely squeaking by Ottawa was "part of the plan"

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 10:17 PM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
Gaborik has never shown much in the playoffs. That's not very arguable. He does have better players to work with this year, so that's not an excuse. The longer the Rangers are in the playoffs, the more likely he'll come around however. It's just the law of averages.

Rangers players that were not on last year's roster: Kreider, Richards, Hagelin, Stralman, Bickel, Rupp, and Mitchell.

Most of those players have been very good for the Rangers this year.

As for McDonagh and Girardi, they've both improved exponentially this year, Girardi was actually an all star. Del Zotto is also significantly better defensively. Staal is also coming around to his old form at the right time.

We should just forfeit the series now.

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 10:20 PM
M Gaz
Au revoir Shosanna!

Ranger fan coming in peace.....I just want to add something: low scoring/shooting is of commonplace with this Ranger team. If the Caps are gonna try to beat them at their own game, they will more than likely fail doing so. I know I sound awfully cocky, but it's the truth. Interested to see how Game 2 is played. Best of luck to the Caps the rest of the series! It's gonna be fun.

Can't wait until tomorrow night

M Gaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

vCash: 888
By dominating I think of plenty of chances and shots... They only got 1 shot in their dominating first half of the first period.

That's playing like 4th line. Doing nothing but keeping the puck low and killing time, not dominating.

SimplySensational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post

We should just forfeit the series now.
Wait, first we need to hear a breakdown of how every Rangers player is an absolutely dominant playoff monster the likes of which the world has never seen, maybe through the use of past season stats and references to "Rangers' Hockey". God knows no one has done it for us so far.

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
nyrfan519

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilYoung View Post
Gaborik is somehow a worse playoff choker than Alex Semin has ever been, yes apparently that is possible. Seriously the dudes history of choking is actually amazing in a very pathetic way

I don't really know how anyone can think the Rangers are anything but the same mediocre team they were last year and two years ago.

All this talk is Girardi McD? They aren't even close to Chara Seidenberg, remember last year worn down by game 3.

Hmm, maybe because they finished 1st in the East? As opposed to 8th or 9th?

Richards has added an element for them and their younger guys are improving. Plus they've all bought in to what Torts is preaching.

nyrfan519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 10:23 PM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

Why the **** do so many Rangers fans keep coming in here...?

Old
04-29-2012, 10:42 PM
caps4cup
Dynasty

Omg Rags fans are sooooooooooooo unbearable.

Rangers Fan - "Like OMG! I can't believe those condescending smug Caps fans said they could win, and in less than 7 games!!!!!

Caps Fan - We have confidence in our team, we played the worst game in weeks, we hit 4 posts, and our goalie was bad. Overall we think it will be a tough series and it was other teams fans that said that.

Rangers Fan - Why are Caps fans so arrogant? Like, OMG! We were 1st in the East! We had 56 wins and we have Henrik Lundqvist and posts don't count as being unlucky! (even though multiple rags fans said the Bruins only lost from getting unlucky and hitting 2 posts in game 5)

Sens Fan - You guys can't beat the Rangers because my team didn't!

Rangers Fan - yes listen to him! The Senators are much better than the Caps and I'd much rather play the Caps than them. In fact id say Sens would beat the Caps in the series.

Sens Fan - yeah they finished 1st in the East for a reason and I'm really proud of my team for taking a team of that caliber that far.

Rangers Fan - "jerking off to above"

It's gonna be ****ing hilarious to read the Rags fans reactions after the Caps win the next 4 games. Can't ****ing wait. Lets ****ing go Caps! Caps in 5!

caps4cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 10:49 PM
mad4comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgaz728 View Post
Ranger fan coming in peace.....I just want to add something: low scoring/shooting is of commonplace with this Ranger team. If the Caps are gonna try to beat them at their own game, they will more than likely fail doing so. I know I sound awfully cocky, but it's the truth. Interested to see how Game 2 is played. Best of luck to the Caps the rest of the series! It's gonna be fun.

Can't wait until tomorrow night
I'm sure the Bruins were telling themselves that as well. Whatever makes you sleep at night buddy.

mad4comp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 12:16 AM
sunnydaycrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
Why the **** do so many Rangers fans keep coming in here...?
Because they're tired of patting each other on the back on the Stanley Cup boards......it's unreal in there.

sunnydaycrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 12:17 AM
sunnydaycrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishMeatballs1990 View Post

Rangers Fan - "Like OMG! I can't believe those condescending smug Caps fans said they could win, and in less than 7 games!!!!!

Caps Fan - We have confidence in our team, we played the worst game in weeks, we hit 4 posts, and our goalie was bad. Overall we think it will be a tough series and it was other teams fans that said that.

Rangers Fan - Why are Caps fans so arrogant? Like, OMG! We were 1st in the East! We had 56 wins and we have Henrik Lundqvist and posts don't count as being unlucky! (even though multiple rags fans said the Bruins only lost from getting unlucky and hitting 2 posts in game 5)

Rangers Fan - yes listen to him! The Senators are much better than the Caps and I'd much rather play the Caps than them. In fact id say Sens would beat the Caps in the series.

Sens Fan - yeah they finished 1st in the East for a reason and I'm really proud of my team for taking a team of that caliber that far.

It's gonna be ****ing hilarious to read the Rags fans reactions after the Caps win the next 4 games. Can't ****ing wait. Lets ****ing go Caps! Caps in 5!

sunnydaycrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 12:54 AM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

Quote:

Old
04-30-2012, 06:26 AM
Koized

Quote:

Lol perfect summary of the main board. Please post that there so people don't have to read 50 pages of that.

Koized is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 06:46 AM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

Where's RandyHolt with his ........"Caps fan coming in peace................" hilarity.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 06:51 AM
Maximus

Send a message via Yahoo to Maximus
Question fellas

Curious as to what y'all think: And yes I'm a Ranger fan but I do like to venture to opposing team boards to have some intelligent banter and not a pissing match so hopefully you guys can respect that. Do you guys think a win TONIGHT for y'all is absolutaly crucial for your chances to win series? Personally I do. Tell me if you agree or disagree with this thought process of mine:

If we all can agree and go by the premise that the Rangers are an improved team this year and better than the ones you guys smoked past two times we matched up in playoffs. And if we can agree that Caps other than Game 1,for past 5-6 weeks have played their best hockey of the year, does this seem like a reasonable assumption or not:

Rangers win and go up 2-0, this easily could be a short series as Rangers just need to steal one at Verizon and they have been an excellent road team this year so that's not out of the question whatsoever.

Caps win and tie this baby up at 1-1 which is quite possible as well, we very likely are going the full 7 where it could be anyone's series.

Bottom line: Do you agree with me that tonight will determine how the series will end up playing out and that though the pressure was clearly on Rangers in Game 1 and it now has clearly shifted to the Caps for tonight seeing even if Rangers lose, they still just need to split in D.C.? I do but there might be some who think even if Caps lose and go down 2-0, they could come back and win 4 in a row or 4 of next 5(I doubt that very much) but wanted to see where y'all where at in how your are approaching this huge game tonight.

Last edited by Maximus: 04-30-2012 at 06:56 AM.
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 07:33 AM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

Hey folks!!1! Caps fan here to shareumpiecepiepum. I just wanted to say good luck,

and to say kiss my f'in ass.

Last edited by RandyHolt: 04-30-2012 at 07:33 AM. Reason: Oops thought it was the rags board
RandyHolt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 07:37 AM
tycoonheart

Lmao.

tycoonheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 07:42 AM
caps4cup
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koized View Post
Lol perfect summary of the main board. Please post that there so people don't have to read 50 pages of that.
Lol can you? I was banned from the main boards from last series. I'd be having a field day right now if not. Please, please, please someone post it

caps4cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 09:02 AM
WetHog

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
Curious as to what y'all think: And yes I'm a Ranger fan but I do like to venture to opposing team boards to have some intelligent banter and not a pissing match so hopefully you guys can respect that. Do you guys think a win TONIGHT for y'all is absolutaly crucial for your chances to win series? Personally I do. Tell me if you agree or disagree with this thought process of mine:

If we all can agree and go by the premise that the Rangers are an improved team this year and better than the ones you guys smoked past two times we matched up in playoffs. And if we can agree that Caps other than Game 1,for past 5-6 weeks have played their best hockey of the year, does this seem like a reasonable assumption or not:

Rangers win and go up 2-0, this easily could be a short series as Rangers just need to steal one at Verizon and they have been an excellent road team this year so that's not out of the question whatsoever.

Caps win and tie this baby up at 1-1 which is quite possible as well, we very likely are going the full 7 where it could be anyone's series.

Bottom line: Do you agree with me that tonight will determine how the series will end up playing out and that though the pressure was clearly on Rangers in Game 1 and it now has clearly shifted to the Caps for tonight seeing even if Rangers lose, they still just need to split in D.C.? I do but there might be some who think even if Caps lose and go down 2-0, they could come back and win 4 in a row or 4 of next 5(I doubt that very much) but wanted to see where y'all where at in how your are approaching this huge game tonight.
I tend to follow the line of thought that its more important for the higher seed to hold serve at home, so it would hurt the NYR more to lose tonight than the Caps. Yes at some point the Caps will need to win in NY to advance, but I put more weight on Game #3 for the Caps prospects to advance than tonight.

WetHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 09:32 AM
Koized

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
Hey folks!!1! Caps fan here to shareumpiecepiepum. I just wanted to say good luck,

Lol youre killing me

Koized is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 10:05 AM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote