HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dandenault appreciation thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-17-2006, 07:40 AM
NoKtUrN

vCash: 500
Dandenault appreciation thread

Never though I would start a thread for him but he did play a really good game yesterday. Any of you noticed he looked alot like Carbo last night. Getting implication on the offense and the slide move that Carbo used to do all the time on the 2 on 1 was the best deffensive play I've seen him do all year. If he can continu to improve his play, He might be a good one for the playoffs for us.

Old
03-17-2006, 08:09 AM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

your thread seem to be very popular

Old
03-17-2006, 08:13 AM
Darz

Actually I've been pretty happy with Dandenault's play for the last month/month and a half. He seems to be playing alot smarter hockey (taking less stupid penalties, not relying on hooking and holding to stop his man) than he was for the previous 2 months or so.

I don't think Dandenault is ever going to be the type of guy you want out their for 20+ minutes a game, but if he continues to play the way he has of late, I think he will be a useful member of our d for a while.

03-17-2006, 08:13 AM
NoKtUrN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rscorpio
your thread seem to be very popular
I knew even before I wrote it it would be this popular!!! Dandenault is loved by every single Habs fan.

Old
03-17-2006, 09:31 AM
Istvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoKtUrN
Never though I would start a thread for him but he did play a really good game yesterday. Any of you noticed he looked alot like Carbo last night. Getting implication on the offense and the slide move that Carbo used to do all the time on the 2 on 1 was the best deffensive play I've seen him do all year. If he can continu to improve his play, He might be a good one for the playoffs for us.
Dandenault has been playing just fine now that his playing time has been cut back a little. He seems to have added a little edge to his game, is making fewer errors and taking fewer penalties. Terrific skater to boot.

Old
03-17-2006, 11:00 AM
CareyPrice x 31

vCash: 3907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Istvan
Dandenault has been playing just fine now that his playing time has been cut back a little. He seems to have added a little edge to his game, is making fewer errors and taking fewer penalties. Terrific skater to boot.

3 games ago he took 3 penalties, all of which were stupid.

but yes he has picked up his level of play lately

Old
03-17-2006, 11:03 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 152
He's been good lately. I appreciate.

Old
03-17-2006, 11:05 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

I think Dandenault is proving to all his detractors, and I'm including myself in that group, that he can be effective in a bottom pairing role with very limited responsabilities. My only problem is with the salary, 1.6M seems a tad high for a 14min D, but he has Cup run experience, and as long as we're not talking outrageous money, I won't hold a grudge.

If he keeps playing well, we actually have a decent top-6 when everybody's healthy. Just a bit lacking in the puckmoving area. But the problem is, if just one key guy is injured like we're seeing with Markov, the whole D corps comes crashing down in flames, meaning we have no depth nor Dmen capable of picking up the slack on a short period of time, and that should be a serious concern for Gainey this summer .

Old
03-17-2006, 11:06 AM
Habsaku

I think by having less responsabilities he's been better. They have handled him well and I'm very glad the signing looks better right now. 1.75 for a veteran 3 cup winner isnt that bad.

Old
03-17-2006, 11:07 AM
Habsaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
I think Dandenault is proving to all his detractors, and I'm including myself in that group, that he can be effective in a bottom pairing role with very limited responsabilities. My only problem is with the salary, 1.6M seems a tad high for a 14min D, but he has Cup run experience, and as long as we're not talking outrageous money, I won't hold a grudge.

If he keeps playing well, we actually have a decent top-6 when everybody's healthy. Just a bit lacking in the puckmoving area. But the problem is, if just one key guy is injured like we're seeing with Markov, the whole D corps comes crashing down in flames, meaning we have no depth nor Dmen capable of picking up the slack on a short period of time, and that is or should be for Gainey this summer a serious concern.
Replacing Bouillon should be a priority IMO. Theres this guy named Chara, and he's pretty good . Actually, any guy that can start the offense would be a good addition to our team.

Old
03-17-2006, 11:07 AM
zurg999

I like that he's starting to carry the puck more and there's also no question his overall play is better lately. Still not happy with his first pass/clearing attempts at times though.

Closed Thread