HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sabres' Hodgson fighting a bum rap

Old
04-30-2012, 03:40 AM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

vCash: 2635
Sabres' Hodgson fighting a bum rap

Gary Roberts rips Gillis a new one and Hodgson takes the high road.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sa...icle834441.ece

Buffaloed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 05:51 AM
Kruschiki

vCash: 50
I'm excited!

Kruschiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 06:21 AM
BowieSabresFan

vCash: 500
Very good read.

BowieSabresFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 07:42 AM
puckish66

Another indication Hodgson's "people" could be trouble.

puckish66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 07:43 AM
OkimLom

That's two pieces Ive enjoyed now from TBN in a row. The Foligno piece and now this one. Just by listening to Roberts, Hodgson gets "IT" as a player, and now he just has to get his training to the point it needs to be in this stage of development. Looking forward to what he can do. Here's hoping he grabs Ennis to go along with him.

OkimLom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 07:47 AM
Crazy Tasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckish66 View Post
What? Is Gary Roberts "his people"?

Crazy Tasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 08:11 AM
OkimLom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Tasty View Post
Just ignore him, He likes to start fights...

OkimLom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 08:18 AM
puckish66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Tasty View Post
He's speaking on behalf of Cody. I think that qualifies.

Don't think these things end up in the paper by accident. More than likely it was coordinated by Cody's real peeps.

puckish66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 08:23 AM
N.Y. Orangeman
Coyotes Fan

Quote:

Don't think these things end up in the paper by accident. More than likely it was coordinated by Cody's real peeps.
Cynical and without any proof. I'd take Gary at his word.

N.Y. Orangeman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 08:27 AM
Zip15

vCash: 67
I'm already getting tired of this issue and it's been less than a week. I get the distinct sense that the Hodgson/Canucks relationship became irreparably toxic due to the actions of both sides. I think Hodgson's camp harbored animus about the misdiagnosis of his back injury combined with statements by Vigneault and Gillis suggesting he wasn't all that injured (when their doctors misdiagnosed him!). I think the Canucks grew tired of him wanting a bigger role and his camp working behind the scenes to get him out of there--either to get that bigger role or because they were still pissed off about the misdiagnosis, or both. Some relationships don't work, and it's the fault of both sides. It seems we're trying to argue over to whom we should allocate more blame. Who cares?! Both sides need to move on.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 08:33 AM
N.Y. Orangeman
Coyotes Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
I'm already getting tired of this issue and it's been less than a week. I get the distinct sense that the Hodgson/Canucks relationship became irreparably toxic due to the actions of both sides. I think Hodgson's camp harbored animus about the misdiagnosis of his back injury combined with statements by Vigneault and Gillis suggesting he wasn't all that injured (when their doctors misdiagnosed him!). I think the Canucks grew tired of him wanting a bigger role and his camp working behind the scenes to get him out of there--either to get that bigger role or because they were still pissed off about the misdiagnosis, or both. Some relationships don't work, and it's the fault of both sides. It seems we're trying to argue over to whom we should allocate more blame. Who cares?! Both sides need to move on.
What Gillis did with that statement was reprehensible. He essentially tried to tag Cody as a problem child three months after he dealt him in order to cover himself from the backlash he has and will continue to receive. It is a terrible move on his part.

N.Y. Orangeman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 08:37 AM
Zip15

vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Y. Orangeman View Post
What Gillis did with that statement was reprehensible. He essentially tried to tag Cody as a problem child three months after he dealt him in order to cover himself from the backlash he has and will continue to receive. It is a terrible move on his part.
I think Gillis came off small with his comments. That said, I have no problem with him making it clear that the player did not want to be there--the fanbase deserves to know as much. He should have done a better job choosing his words, though.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 08:45 AM
TehDoak
I Like Eich

vCash: 903
It doesn't matter what anyone says about Cody or what happens, it's what he does this summer and on the ice next fall that matters. Period.

TehDoak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 08:45 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:

He's speaking for himself ABOUT Cody. Gary Roberts does not represent Cody Hodgson.

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 08:50 AM
flyingpig
Pay the Troll Toll

Quote:

I think that Vogl was looking for a follow up to get the "other sideof the story" after Gillis opened his mouth, as Vogl should have. After all this soap opera is very interesting to many and a local guy where the player is now located is getting a scoop.

It may be that no one would open their mouth in the Hodgson camp (player, agent, parent). Cody took the high road. Was it calculated? Maybe, but it was the right thing to do.

It may be that the local reporter then reached out to Roberts, who has always been a strong personality and he spoke his mind and..... in the process....protected his client.

Hell, for all we know, Roberts having been through a horrible back injury himself and hearing how Cody had been treated and how limited he was, may very well be pissed at the Vancouver franchise.

His goal is about players taking care of tehmselves in the best manner possible to stay healthy and strong.

flyingpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 08:56 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
One thing to take out of the article is that Hodgson is going to be working on his power/speed this summer. That's a good thing for him and the team. If he can gain even a bit, it'll make him that much more effective.

04-30-2012, 09:02 AM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Wow, that's quite a spin job.

What "trouble", exactly, is being indicated here?

vcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 09:44 AM
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Send a message via AIM to Paxon
Quote:

This is completely delusional. Gary Roberts spoke up because he liked a kid that he is basically a mentor of, kudos to him.

As to the thing you said earlier, how is this a bad thing? What did Roberts say that reflects negatively on Hodgson? The fact that his injury was misdiagnosed by the teams medical staff and they acted like he was being a wussy? I dunno what your deal is.

Paxon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 10:05 AM
Havok89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Well said, and Hodgson has made it clear from the start that he's moved on. Not sure why anyone cares about this.

Havok89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 11:13 AM
Timbo Slice
Captain Eich

Fantastic read. Really makes it clear that Vancouver, Gillis, and Vigneault are the ones at fault here.

Big fan of Hodgson. If he can really work on his speed and explosion, then he's going to be a dynamite player as soon as next season.

Timbo Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 11:31 AM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

After reading what doctor Roberts had to say LoL I finally feel good about the trade. I hope to see him surpass my expectations next year and beyond. :)

Play4Miracles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 11:43 AM
bobbyorrrrr

The only thing that matters about this article is that Hodgson is continuing to work out with Gary Roberts. More than 60pts for Hodgson next season?

bobbyorrrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 12:09 PM
flyingpig
Pay the Troll Toll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo Slice View Post
Fantastic read. Really makes it clear that Vancouver, Gillis, and Vigneault are the ones at fault here.

Big fan of Hodgson. If he can really work on his speed and explosion, then he's going to be a dynamite player as soon as next season.
I think both are at fault, regardless of what is said publicly, and we will never know the exact details.....

Time to move forward....

flyingpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 02:04 PM
Timbo Slice
Captain Eich

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingpig View Post
I think both are at fault, regardless of what is said publicly, and we will never know the exact details.....

Time to move forward....
I'm sure Hodgson was probably too vocal about wanting too much ice time, but Gillis is the one throwing the young kid under the bus. Just seems like it should be water under the bridge at this point, but the Canucks are still bitter.

Timbo Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 02:21 PM
Afino
The Juice

This is the same organization about to railroad Luongo out of there. Class is not in their vocab.

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote