HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Game 2: Kings @ Blues 4/30/12

Closed Thread

Old
04-29-2012, 11:44 AM
TonySCV
One More Time

vCash: 500
Game 2: Kings @ Blues 4/30/12

Updates from practice http://yfrog.com/kgjbptjj this morning:

Kings not expecting any supplemental discipline for King:

https://twitter.com/#!/helenenothele...37461391224832
https://twitter.com/#!/reallisa/stat...37162337349632

Doughty and Quick get days off from practice. Ranford in net.

Pietrangelo not at practice; unlikely for Game 2:

https://twitter.com/#!/NormSanders/s...36368494006273

Old
04-29-2012, 12:15 PM
Capn Brown

If Pietrangelo is "unlikely" for game 2, does that not mean he's failed the concussion test?

And if that's the case, does that not mean Pietrangelo has to wait 7 days to re-take said test?

And if that's the case, has Dwight King accidentally won the series for the Kings?

Old
04-29-2012, 12:18 PM
damacles1156

I wouldn't count on Alex being out for very long. Kid is a Gamer. and tough as nails.

The Blues are a deep team, You have to Win Four.....

Like Sutter said "You haven't won anything yet".

Old
04-29-2012, 12:33 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
I wouldn't count on Alex being out for very long. Kid is a Gamer. and tough as nails.

The Blues are a deep team, You have to Win Four.....

Like Sutter said "You haven't won anything yet".
Concussion protocol wins against being a gamer. If it is a concussion, he sits.

Old
04-29-2012, 01:16 PM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Hate to wish harm on anyone but it would be nice for Pietro to be out. The guy is absolutely unreal and a treat to watch. The Blues are deep, yes, but you can't just replace what Alex brings to the table. Hopefully it isn't a major injury and he's only out for precautionary reasons.

Old
04-29-2012, 01:43 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

I'll be there! Most excited I have been for a game in awhile, maybe ever for a Kings game. Tomorrow morning can't come soon enough, so amped.

In Quick We Trust

Old
04-29-2012, 05:38 PM
TonySCV
One More Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
I'll be there! Most excited I have been for a game in awhile, maybe ever for a Kings game. Tomorrow morning can't come soon enough, so amped.

In Quick We Trust
Awesome.. have fun! Would be curious to know how many Kings fans are in attendance (roughly).

Old
04-29-2012, 05:55 PM
Roxo

Send a message via AIM to Roxo
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Hate to wish harm on anyone but it would be nice for Pietro to be out. The guy is absolutely unreal and a treat to watch. The Blues are deep, yes, but you can't just replace what Alex brings to the table. Hopefully it isn't a major injury and he's only out for precautionary reasons.
I'd rather beat the blues With pietro than with out..

Old
04-29-2012, 08:18 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

These road playoff games are like Lay's potato chips boys. You can't have just one!!

Old
04-29-2012, 08:26 PM
Watch for the Yeti
Time to retool

Hey guys,

I'm a Bruins who's on the Kings bandwagon!

Go Kings Go!

Old
04-29-2012, 10:47 PM
theMajor

vCash: 3066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxo View Post
I'd rather beat the blues With pietro than with out..
i think every Kings fan will be happy with any kind of win

Old
04-29-2012, 10:58 PM
jonrazor12
Palffy for President

Petro's collision with the boards did not seem that bad. Im sure he is out for precautionary reasons and will dress for tomorrow's game.

With that said, the Kings have a chance to take control of the series tomorrow. All the pressure will be on the Blues to win. I truly think the Kings will win

Old
04-29-2012, 11:09 PM
robitaillefan
Bababooey,Tatatoothy

I really like this matchup for a series....very good feeling rght now...long time fan....long time fan

I really like this sutter lead group...it seems as now when we have the lead, we keep it...something that made me very nervous last year..

Last edited by robitaillefan: 04-29-2012 at 11:18 PM.
Old
04-29-2012, 11:16 PM
doaner

Good luck tomorrow night from a Pacific brother. Would love to see our teams meet for the Western Confrence Championships.

Old
04-29-2012, 11:29 PM
SLang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
If Pietrangelo is "unlikely" for game 2, does that not mean he's failed the concussion test?

And if that's the case, does that not mean Pietrangelo has to wait 7 days to re-take said test?

And if that's the case, has Dwight King accidentally won the series for the Kings?
Hell no! As they say, that's why you play the games. The Blues are a hell of a team with or without Pietrangelo - despite what some of their fans say (strangely).

How many times do teams rise up to a challenge? If anything, the Kings need to be MORE prepared, now.

Old
04-29-2012, 11:40 PM
damacles1156

Never ever take a team lightly. Or you end up like the Canucks.

Old
04-29-2012, 11:52 PM
robitaillefan
Bababooey,Tatatoothy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLang View Post
Hell no! As they say, that's why you play the games. The Blues are a hell of a team with or without Pietrangelo - despite what some of their fans say (strangely).

How many times do teams rise up to a challenge? If anything, the Kings need to be MORE prepared, now.
Exactly, we saw what can happen with sedin.....prepare and play for st Louis as if they had a full team every night, dont change a thing for nobody .

Old
04-30-2012, 12:14 AM
TonySCV
One More Time

Quote:

The Blues lost 6 home games in regulation all season WITHOUT McDonald for 40+ games, without a couple other of their top guys for very long stretches. They're PLENTY good even with a banged-up roster. Can't take the foot off the gas at all.

Old
04-30-2012, 12:17 AM
TonySCV
One More Time

Courtesy of Penner... some of the team taking in a Cards game this afternoon with one of the best PBP voices in the biz, Bob "Juuuust a bit outside" Uecker

Old
04-30-2012, 12:20 AM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Courtesy of Penner... some of the team taking in a Cards game this afternoon with one of the best PBP voices in the biz, Bob "Juuuust a bit outside" Uecker

Is that of the boys at the Cardinals game? Where did you get that? awesome picture hahaha. (Just saw Penners Twitter thanx)

GO GET THEM TOMORROW BOYS!

Also if I can say one thing for us Kings fan. STOP being over confident. Stop calling loosing teams whiners and all the bad luck stuff. Lets wait until we are cup winners before we go out of our way to say stupid things. Lets stay classy.

Old
04-30-2012, 12:35 AM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

So pumped! I actually get to watch this one.

The iHeart radio app killed it though, thanks for the input on that one Kings HFers

Old
04-30-2012, 11:19 AM
chaser39

Pietrangelo is practicing.

Per Jeremy Rutherford, the Blues beat writer. This is great news for us. Losing Petro for the series would have been tragic. Heck, with him, our chances are tough. I didn't think the hit was all that bad, but it did deserve a 4 minute call. My problem with that scenario was the refs not letting Petro get off the ice. The refs felt the Blues had enough time to make a change and would not let Petro off. You could tell while Petro was skating back on the shorthanded rush that he wasn't right. But my favorite player really screwed the pooch on that goal....David Backes gave a half-hearted effort to get back in the play. We better come out playing 60 minutes tonight or else we will be down 2-0.

Old
04-30-2012, 11:24 AM
SLang

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaser39 View Post
Per Jeremy Rutherford, the Blues beat writer. This is great news for us. Losing Petro for the series would have been tragic. Heck, with him, our chances are tough. I didn't think the hit was all that bad, but it did deserve a 4 minute call. My problem with that scenario was the refs not letting Petro get off the ice. The refs felt the Blues had enough time to make a change and would not let Petro off. You could tell while Petro was skating back on the shorthanded rush that he wasn't right. But my favorite player really screwed the pooch on that goal....David Backes gave a half-hearted effort to get back in the play. We better come out playing 60 minutes tonight or else we will be down 2-0.
I don't think there is a provision for a double minor. It's either a 2 minute minor, or 5 minute major and a game misconduct.

Whatever issue you've got with the refs is, well, your issue. Good news that Pietrangelo was not that injured.

Old
04-30-2012, 11:24 AM
robitaillefan
Bababooey,Tatatoothy

Doesn't change our game

Bump.

Old
04-30-2012, 11:36 AM
chaser39

Quote:
I don't think there is a provision for a double minor. It's either a 2 minute minor, or 5 minute major and a game misconduct.

Whatever issue you've got with the refs is, well, your issue. Good news that Pietrangelo was not that injured.
Most fans have issues with the refs. Part of the game. Actually, part of every game. Good call on the double minor, there is no double minor penalty for boarding. I got caught thinking the blood aspect could draw and extra 2. Now the area that the refs screwed up was because Petro had blood on his face, the rules clearly state he has to be substituted. Refs didn't allow it.

Closed Thread