HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Swiss Miss played terrible

Closed Thread

Old
03-15-2006, 01:57 AM
aforc3

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to aforc3 Send a message via AIM to aforc3 Send a message via MSN to aforc3 Send a message via Yahoo to aforc3 Send a message via Skype™ to aforc3
thats nice to see that some people are defending Streit.

GO Streit go Habs

short question did streit blogged a shot yesterday on there own powerplay ?

what happend ?

Last edited by aforc3: 03-15-2006 at 02:15 AM.
Old
03-15-2006, 02:27 AM
MissCanuck

Bolts got a shorthanded 2-on-1 break, Streit also had no stick while playing it... but he played it perfectly and St. Louis' shot got him on the ankle. Nice play.

Can't believe people are actually *****ing about his game last night.

Old
03-15-2006, 02:38 AM
aforc3

Send a message via ICQ to aforc3 Send a message via AIM to aforc3 Send a message via MSN to aforc3 Send a message via Yahoo to aforc3 Send a message via Skype™ to aforc3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCanuck
Bolts got a shorthanded 2-on-1 break, Streit also had no stick while playing it... but he played it perfectly and St. Louis' shot got him on the ankle. Nice play.

Can't believe people are actually *****ing about his game last night.

MissCanuck: thanks for the information .. what's youre opinion about streit... i know that he's not the hardest or biggest player in the nhl ... but there are more smaller def. players than him right...

For me he's doing a great job for his first season ..

Quote:
Can't believe people are actually *****ing about his game last night.[/
they are just watching number 32.. its not only one player is the team ..

Old
03-15-2006, 09:32 AM
Mike8

While people may be eager to blame Streit for poor plays/games, the fact is he is still a weak link. He can't handle solidly built forwards down low. He can be beaten to the outside by speedy forwards, which is precisely what smallish defensemen can't allow. And he's slow when it comes to decision-making with the puck in his own zone.

On the plus side, I do think he's improving, and he's definitely a good skater with some offensive instincts. Given some confidence, he could probably be a solid #6, but he'll always be exploitable down-low...

Old
03-15-2006, 10:09 AM
Ryan O'Byrne

Komisarek was passing to Streit even when Streit had very little to no time to make a pass .I think Streit played well considering he played with Komisarek who had a not so good game .

Old
03-15-2006, 10:45 AM
Capitano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
While people may be eager to blame Streit for poor plays/games, the fact is he is still a weak link. He can't handle solidly built forwards down low. He can be beaten to the outside by speedy forwards, which is precisely what smallish defensemen can't allow. And he's slow when it comes to decision-making with the puck in his own zone.

On the plus side, I do think he's improving, and he's definitely a good skater with some offensive instincts. Given some confidence, he could probably be a solid #6, but he'll always be exploitable down-low...
I agree completely. I think he'll be better with time but my patience for him isn't there because of his unwillingness (is that even a word??) to play in Hamilton to get much needed ice-time in a smaller rink.

Cap

Old
03-15-2006, 10:54 AM
Joe Cole

Streit....

I think he had a rough first period. Lots of nervous play and tentative passes that were off the mark. He picked it up as the game went on.

I do not agree that it was his best game as a Hab, the first period was painful. He has had games were he was invisible. In those games, he did not stand out as a bad player. That means, in my eyes, as a 6th D, those games were better then the last one.

He is just too easy a target.

Let's put this game into perspective. At the beginning of the year, I believe the concensus was.... get some young guys into the line up and play them regularly, and make the playoffs.

The Habs have more rookies in the line up then they have had since I can remember. And they are developping pretty well. Now, let's just make the playoffs.

We cannot look at every game, and every shift as a crisis. Keep your eye on the goal. That is how you measure success.

Old
03-15-2006, 10:58 AM
znk

Honestly...I'm just baffled by the existance of this thread. Especialy after the game he played.

Old
03-15-2006, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk
Honestly...I'm just baffled by the existance of this thread. Especialy after the game he played.
Not me...when the Habs lose, players who barely play always get singled out for being horrible, it's nothing new.

When the Habs lose, someone always has to be singled out, it's never just chalked up to the other team deserving the win or that we simply didn't play well as a team.

Old
03-15-2006, 12:06 PM
Twist and Shout

Pfffft . . I thought this was a Martina Hingis thread

Old
03-15-2006, 12:54 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

I thought he was ok. He did have some shots get blocked but I loved the pinch he made on the PP down low. That call on him made me laugh. Got to love how one of the weakest players on the team can knock down one of the bigger players in the league with one hand!

I personally think some go too far with Streit but either way I don't expect him to play too much again and would be surprised to see him back next year. He was great in international games though. I hated the pick at first but after watching him play for the Swiss, I thought it was a smart gamble.

Old
03-15-2006, 01:06 PM
benji
Took too much, man.

Send a message via MSN to benji
Streit was fine, I'd put him in again if Markov wasn't playing for sure.

EDIT: There you go. Markov not playing, I'd go with Streit again.

Last edited by benji: 03-15-2006 at 01:27 PM.
Old
03-15-2006, 07:56 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
I thought he was ok. He did have some shots get blocked but I loved the pinch he made on the PP down low. That call on him made me laugh. Got to love how one of the weakest players on the team can knock down one of the bigger players in the league with one hand!

I personally think some go too far with Streit but either way I don't expect him to play too much again and would be surprised to see him back next year. He was great in international games though. I hated the pick at first but after watching him play for the Swiss, I thought it was a smart gamble.
Dont forget on the power play...when his stick broke on a shot. He defended a 2 on 1 with no stick and blocked the pass. That was a really good play.

Old
03-16-2006, 08:19 AM
Istvan

the title of this thread is a real thigh slapper. Wow, what creatitivity. Using the name of a brand of hot chocolate to take a baseless dig at one of the Habs. I can't wait for the next Pulitzer worthy contribution.

[ 2 minute penalty for attempt to demean.]

Old
03-17-2006, 10:11 AM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22SteveBegin22
I almost think it would be better to rotate 5 defensemen than to have Streit out there. He's weak in the defensive zone, makes inaccurate passes that kill rushes up the ice and slow down the other players, and his supposed "specialty" of playing the point on the powerplay was not special at all. Would Cote be a better use of our sixth D-man when we're missing one of the regulars?
He also makes some terrific passes

Old
03-17-2006, 10:13 AM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal

I see him as developing and as exhibiting flashes. next year he could easily be the 7th Dman

Old
03-17-2006, 10:30 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro
I see him as developing and as exhibiting flashes. next year he could easily be the 7th Dman
I don't think he wants to be though.

Old
03-17-2006, 11:23 AM
twelve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
I don't think he wants to be though.
He wants to be at least 6th Dman

Closed Thread