HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Preds @ Coyotes - three blind mice edition

Old
04-30-2012, 12:14 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basher View Post
Didn't watch the postgame but man, they really ripped into Radulov.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...US7AzEsrR7vLYF
If you don't think it's deserved, you're either a blind homer or a blind hater of NBCSN

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 12:28 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarding Assets View Post
If you don't think it's deserved, you're either a blind homer or a blind hater of NBCSN
They went way too far with their bashing. Did he deserve to be ribbed? Yes, along with most other players on the team. But Radulov is an easy target for them and people eat this kind of stuff up all day.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 12:34 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BourqueBourqueBork View Post
11 30 point guys (9 forwards)
11 10 goal guys (9 forwards)

Last I had checked (right before the playoffs), that was tied for the most in the league.

Offense being stifled is a total joke.
3 of those forwards are not playing.

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 12:43 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
They went way too far with their bashing. Did he deserve to be ribbed? Yes, along with most other players on the team. But Radulov is an easy target for them and people eat this kind of stuff up all day.
Radulov has one shot on goal in six periods against the Yotes. ONE! He's looked great skating laps around the offensive zone, but, it isn't generating anything. It's a return to what got him called out in 2006-08 ... not operating within the system, wanting to do his own thing offensively, not backchecking, not forechecking, not playing defense when he does get into the zone. Everything Jones pointed out was accurate. Everything JR called Leggy out for was accurate.

The only way to beat the Yotes is hard work. They are too sound defensively to beat by being pretty. When Yip and Gaustad are generating more chances than Radulov, we have a problem.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 01:13 PM
predfan98

Quote:
actually i thought they were on target...

big players......big things are expected...

he's a mia big player.... he deserves the heat.

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 01:17 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Radulov has one shot on goal in six periods against the Yotes. ONE! He's looked great skating laps around the offensive zone, but, it isn't generating anything. It's a return to what got him called out in 2006-08 ... not operating within the system, wanting to do his own thing offensively, not backchecking, not forechecking, not playing defense when he does get into the zone. Everything Jones pointed out was accurate. Everything JR called Leggy out for was accurate.

The only way to beat the Yotes is hard work. They are too sound defensively to beat by being pretty. When Yip and Gaustad are generating more chances than Radulov, we have a problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post

thanks guys

Old
04-30-2012, 02:19 PM
BourqueBourqueBork

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
3 of those forwards are not playing.
All 3 have played in the playoffs.

The only reason 1 of them is getting to play at a time is because Gabriel Bourque (whom I would argue would have 10+ goals had he played the entire season) and Brandon Yip (hard working grinder that has compromising photos of Trotz) are outworking them in the lineup. Plus the addition of A. Kostitsyn, A. Radulov, and P. Gaustad.

BourqueBourqueBork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 02:21 PM
roseyc

For all the flack that Wilson was getting for not being in the lineup that pass to the Goose was a marvelous pass....which could have been a goal....considering he didn't get that many minutes

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 02:21 PM
BourqueBourqueBork

Quote:

I think they were definitely on target with the criticism. I think where they fell short is that it was more of a monumental team failure rather than just one guy floating around. Legwand, Klein, and Josi all had awful games. And many more weren't up to standard.

That's my only complaint. Why do they pick out one guy when there are a number of veterans making similarly awful plays and playing uninspired?

Old
04-30-2012, 02:22 PM
BourqueBourqueBork

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
For all the flack that Wilson was getting for not being in the lineup that pass to the Goose was a marvelous pass....which could have been a goal....considering he didn't get that many minutes
I honestly thought Wilson played pretty well. He seemed to be alert on defense as well. I wouldn't take him out of the lineup. I'd also like to see Halischuk start over Yip (assuming he's healthy). JMO.

Old
04-30-2012, 02:40 PM
predfan98

Quote:
I think they were definitely on target with the criticism. I think where they fell short is that it was more of a monumental team failure rather than just one guy floating around. Legwand, Klein, and Josi all had awful games. And many more weren't up to standard.

That's my only complaint. Why do they pick out one guy when there are a number of veterans making similarly awful plays and playing uninspired?
I do agree with that.

I think they learned so few numbers and weren't prepared... so they had 47 circled..
Didn't they originally credit AK goal to Rad, several times... lol

Old
04-30-2012, 02:42 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

Quote:
All 3 have played in the playoffs.

The only reason 1 of them is getting to play at a time is because Gabriel Bourque (whom I would argue would have 10+ goals had he played the entire season) and Brandon Yip (hard working grinder that has compromising photos of Trotz) are outworking them in the lineup. Plus the addition of A. Kostitsyn, A. Radulov, and P. Gaustad.
All three have played in playoffs? Okay, they have each had one game, you know what my statement was.
I would argue also that some of the veterans ( Legwand, SK, and Radulov) especially have made numerous defensive mistakes and turnovers that if any one of Smith, Halischik, and Wilson were to make.......they are done.
Don't tell me SK is too important on the PK either, because Halischuk can be just as effective on the PK.
SK has been awful since a month before playoffs started. 2 points in last 19 or so games and defensively scary 5 on 5.
I am sure Trotz decided before the start of post season, who he was going to go with, and that is fine. He is probably incredibly frustrated with the majority of his players at this point, but believes he has the right combination to win? Hope they can turn it around next game or he will be under some scrutiny.

Old
04-30-2012, 02:56 PM
BourqueBourqueBork

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
All three have played in playoffs? Okay, they have each had one game, you know what my statement was.
I would argue also that some of the veterans ( Legwand, SK, and Radulov) especially have made numerous defensive mistakes and turnovers that if any one of Smith, Halischik, and Wilson were to make.......they are done.
Don't tell me SK is too important on the PK either, because Halischuk can be just as effective on the PK.
SK has been awful since a month before playoffs started. 2 points in last 19 or so games and defensively scary 5 on 5.
I am sure Trotz decided before the start of post season, who he was going to go with, and that is fine. He is probably incredibly frustrated with the majority of his players at this point, but believes he has the right combination to win? Hope they can turn it around next game or he will be under some scrutiny.
They have each had one game? Wrong.

Halischuk - 3 games
Smith - 2 games
Wilson - 1 game

and add Tootoo in at 1 game.

Like I said, they are rotating positions.

I think the only solid argument out there is to sit Yip to try to get more offensive production in there...but having said that, those 4 have combined for 2 points in 7 games...the same as Yip.

I tend to agree with Halischuk needing to play more...but Halischuk is definitely a bottom 6 guy and brings nowhere near the offensive upside as Kostitsyn, hustle or not. You also have the minutes issue. SK is averaging 17 minutes right now...and if you replace him with Halischuk (averaging just over 6), you're going to have to make up that time somewhere. Even if Hali plays 11-12 minutes, someone is going to have to eat up the rest of that time. That's simply not just a bottom line player switch. It's a lot more complicated than that.

Old
04-30-2012, 03:10 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:

Never said they weren't on target. In fact, I said just the opposite. He deserves criticism. They just went too far with their tone and cheap jab at the KHL. Plus, some of the clips they showed had nothing to do with anything. I could make a similar lowlight real of clips for most of our players last night if I had the right camera angles.

He's an easy target due to his style of play and nationality. Not to mention people have way too high of expectations for him. Remember when we said he's just an added bonus to an already great team? Why has that changed? Why is he now the scapegoat for all our problems? That's the impression I got from Jones and JR. It sure does make for great TV though.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 03:18 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

Quote:
They have each had one game? Wrong.

Halischuk - 3 games
Smith - 2 games
Wilson - 1 game

and add Tootoo in at 1 game.

Like I said, they are rotating positions.

I think the only solid argument out there is to sit Yip to try to get more offensive production in there...but having said that, those 4 have combined for 2 points in 7 games...the same as Yip.

I tend to agree with Halischuk needing to play more...but Halischuk is definitely a bottom 6 guy and brings nowhere near the offensive upside as Kostitsyn, hustle or not. You also have the minutes issue. SK is averaging 17 minutes right now...and if you replace him with Halischuk (averaging just over 6), you're going to have to make up that time somewhere. Even if Hali plays 11-12 minutes, someone is going to have to eat up the rest of that time. That's simply not just a bottom line player switch. It's a lot more complicated than that.
I don't think Yip needs to sit. My point began when the stats of how many forwards had 10+ goals and more than 30 points. The fact that 3 of them are not in the line up.
Also, I don't think Halischuk would fit in SK spot, but he could be replaced or moved down, and if Halischuk was dressed, he could cover his PK Time. That is all.

Old
04-30-2012, 03:22 PM
Legionnaire11

the worst part of this... the Preds have two days off in a row again. I'd much rather have one day off and get back at it.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 03:46 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Never said they weren't on target. In fact, I said just the opposite. He deserves criticism. They just went too far with their tone and cheap jab at the KHL. Plus, some of the clips they showed had nothing to do with anything. I could make a similar lowlight real of clips for most of our players last night if I had the right camera angles.

He's an easy target due to his style of play and nationality. Not to mention people have way too high of expectations for him. Remember when we said he's just an added bonus to an already great team? Why has that changed? Why is he now the scapegoat for all our problems? That's the impression I got from Jones and JR. It sure does make for great TV though.
quit defending, it's all on tape

Old
04-30-2012, 04:30 PM
BourqueBourqueBork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
the worst part of this... the Preds have two days off in a row again. I'd much rather have one day off and get back at it.
That's one extra day of Peter Horachek scaring the life out of our players if they don't go out and win.

I think we need an extra day to regroup, refocus, and practice.

Old
04-30-2012, 05:26 PM
predfan98

Quote:
That's one extra day of Peter Horachek scaring the life out of our players if they don't go out and win.

I think we need an extra day to regroup, refocus, and practice.
i don't believe that horachek scares them..... but i think Brent Petersen should focus his wrath... they still listen to him, from what i've heard.

Old
04-30-2012, 05:53 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
If you show every turnover of many players, it would look just as bad (Fisher, Legwand, SK, and plenty of NHLers).

As for the d-coverage, true in part, but they failed to mention the DEFENSEMAN who was right next to Radulov doing nothing to cover the man.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 06:41 PM
VFL615*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
If you show every turnover of many players, it would look just as bad (Fisher, Legwand, SK, and plenty of NHLers).

As for the d-coverage, true in part, but they failed to mention the DEFENSEMAN who was right next to Radulov doing nothing to cover the man.
You mean Kevin Klein messed up again???? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 11:57 PM
WartracePred

Quote:
I do agree with that.

I think they learned so few numbers and weren't prepared... so they had 47 circled..
Didn't they originally credit AK goal to Rad, several times... lol
Yep, and when did Gary Suter don a Preds jersey? Heard Gary's name called and was a little stunned that no one corrected the play by play guy.

I think that National coverage cuts both ways. They focus on one player or aspect of the particular game and often give unbiased opinions. The opinions are great because as fans we often see through rose colored glasses. But they don't consider lots of details that affect the player or aspect of the game they are criticizing because they haven't followed the team for 80+ games.

And with Petey and Crispy we all too often get the dumbed down, head on a swivel, move your feet analysis because of our market. I thought the analysis of Doan's redirect was insightful for a football-first southerner. I learned that Suter should have turned Doan towards the boards and stayed between Doan and the net. Suter was way out of position. I knew the redirect looked way too easy, but I didn't know why.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 11:21 AM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
Quote:
Okay.

Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 12:39 PM
token grinder

I am assuming they were tipped off and went ahead and bashed him knowing something would come of it.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote