HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bouillion and Streit

Closed Thread

Old
03-17-2006, 02:14 PM
zurg999

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
You're kidding me right? Please tell me your joking?

Bouillon neutralizes Jagr quite well? anytime i've watched the Habs play the Rangers and Bouillon is on the ice with Jagr, all i see is Jagr toying with Bouillon, he tries to use his low center of gravity but he just bounces off Jagr.

Come on, there are very few defensman in the league who can handle Jagr, let alone neutralize him.

Bouillon does do a few things well, and that's playing 1 on 1, he's very hard to get by and isn't easily fooled, he's also very good at blocking shots. However, he struggles in everything else, down low coverage, positionning, clearing the puck out of the zone, decision making, 1st pass, etc...

he's barely, an NHL defensman, barely

417;

Disagree with your last three. His puck moving and decision making is definitely not a problem.

Old
03-17-2006, 02:16 PM
Habsaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by zurg999
417;

Disagree with your last three. His puck moving and decision making is definitely not a problem.
Bouillon kills any powerplay he's on, he's not a really good puck mover.

Old
03-17-2006, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zurg999
417;

Really, when the Habs are on the PK and Bouillon's on, it happens evertime like clockwork that Bouillon will have the chance to clear the puck and he puts it directly on the opponents stick...he can't make a 1st pass to save his life, anytime he tries the puck is 3 feet off the ice...he doesn't respect his assignments, he's often chasing around trying to hit other players instead of focusing on his positionning...

I'm just happy Michel Therrien is an NHL coach again, that assures that should we put Bouillon on waivers one day, he'll be scooped and never heard from again.

Old
03-17-2006, 02:57 PM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisdan
Before Streit would go in AHL, he must pass to the waiver, and if any NHL teams pick up him: he can play with Hamilton. It's why Streit doesn't go in AHL.

If Streit go to the waiver, some team will pick him. It's obvious.

I hope that Streit plays in a other team in NHL. With such fans (you're not all the same) like in Montreal, it's awful to play here. Too (10x) negative

I would like Streit with the ducks....
Thanks for the info, his contractual status and the waivers bothered me... it's sad for both Streit and the team, I doubt he would complain about a 2 weeks ride with the Dogs.

Old
03-17-2006, 03:06 PM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

Bouillon is better then Streit, Komisarek and Dandenault. Why bash on him ?

Old
03-17-2006, 03:06 PM
HCH

Quote:
You're kidding me right? Please tell me your joking?

Bouillon neutralizes Jagr quite well? anytime i've watched the Habs play the Rangers and Bouillon is on the ice with Jagr, all i see is Jagr toying with Bouillon, he tries to use his low center of gravity but he just bounces off Jagr.

Come on, there are very few defensman in the league who can handle Jagr, let alone neutralize him.

Bouillon does do a few things well, and that's playing 1 on 1, he's very hard to get by and isn't easily fooled, he's also very good at blocking shots. However, he struggles in everything else, down low coverage, positionning, clearing the puck out of the zone, decision making, 1st pass, etc...

he's barely, an NHL defensman, barely
And he plays with lots of heart... but you are right. He is barely an NHL defenseman.

Old
03-17-2006, 03:07 PM
Capitano

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDamned
Bouillon is better then Streit, Komisarek and Dandenault. Why bash on him ?
I agree Bouillon displays more effort than those 3 but his lack of reach and wingspan makes it much tougher on him as a d-man.

As "good" as Francis is, I'd take Komisarek and Dandenault over him anyday. As for Streit, I'm not sold on him so far so I'd probably take Francis over him right now.

Cap

Old
03-17-2006, 03:08 PM
Capitano

Quote:
Originally Posted by briste
And he plays with lots of heart... but you are right. He is barely an NHL defenseman.
Yup, he definitely shows his heart and determination out there.

Cap

Old
03-17-2006, 03:10 PM
IcE ColD

Send a message via MSN to IcE ColD
Quote:
Really, when the Habs are on the PK and Bouillon's on, it happens evertime like clockwork that Bouillon will have the chance to clear the puck and he puts it directly on the opponents stick...he can't make a 1st pass to save his life, anytime he tries the puck is 3 feet off the ice...he doesn't respect his assignments, he's often chasing around trying to hit other players instead of focusing on his positionning...

I'm just happy Michel Therrien is an NHL coach again, that assures that should we put Bouillon on waivers one day, he'll be scooped and never heard from again.
If I remember well, that did happen some times ago. Nashville scooped him, but we got him back in the off-season.

Closed Thread