HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Benoit Pouliot: "happy to be out of there"

Old
04-28-2012, 01:23 PM
Megaforce

vCash: 500
I always liked Pouliot. He's a kid, still growing, learning, we were nuts to get rid of him, he's only going to keep getting better. He's a lot better than Darche and a few other guys on this squad.

Megaforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 03:54 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe84 View Post
I have no idea why many people are so bitter about Cammelleri. He was amazing for us. 2009 playoffs. Centennial game (hell, he was the redeeming factor for this whole debacle). Great competitor despite his size. He had a rough start of the season, but most players go through stretches such as that one.

I'm sad he was traded. He was far from the first player that deserved that fate on this team.
Watching these 2012 playoffs, it could be argued that Cammalleri is a vastly superior PO performer to MANY big NHL names.

Perhaps some fans are beginning to appreciate him more as they watch big teams flame out one by one.

Goals at a premium in most of the series.

PG undersold MC. Big time.

Such a fool.

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 12:42 AM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born in 1909 View Post

Such a fool.
I hate PG, but I doubt there were many takers for his contract. You can't say if he would score in the playoffs, because the west was very tight. I don't see him being a difference in any of those series. Plus, Mike never exactly lit up the regular season with any authority....

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 12:44 AM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Pouliot is an idiot. If the Habs had tendered his QO he would have taken it and talked about how excited he was to be iwth the Habs.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 01:21 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born in 1909 View Post
Watching these 2012 playoffs, it could be argued that Cammalleri is a vastly superior PO performer to MANY big NHL names.

Perhaps some fans are beginning to appreciate him more as they watch big teams flame out one by one.

Goals at a premium in most of the series.

Such a fool.
Yep. I still don't understand the trade. And then the whole jersey fiasco. Gauthier IMO, is one of the worst things to ever happen to this franchise.

How do you trade a PPG playoff performer for scraps? And it's not like he put up numbers against bad teams. He did it against Philly, Washington, Pitt and Boston.

The hatred for Cam is laughable. But Hab fans are weird anyways. Look at how Pouilot is getting raked over the coals for not really saying anything that terrible.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 01:26 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
I hate PG, but I doubt there were many takers for his contract. You can't say if he would score in the playoffs, because the west was very tight. I don't see him being a difference in any of those series. Plus, Mike never exactly lit up the regular season with any authority....
Pure speculation. What we do know is Cam IS a PPG player with the Habs in the playoffs. People try so hard to trash the guy around here.

Old
04-29-2012, 10:47 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Pure speculation. What we do know is Cam IS a PPG player with the Habs in the playoffs. People try so hard to trash the guy around here.
So was Scott Gomez, darn near, the last 6 years.. big deal? The past doesn't equal the future in pro sports, Cammy had a good payoff run here, doesn't mean he will in Calgary.

We have enough high salary players who weren't delivering in the regular season, dumping them isn't going to hurt us in the near future. We can't 'hope' they come alive in the post season, it isn't a solid plan to build a team around.

Old
04-30-2012, 08:16 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaforce View Post
I always liked Pouliot. He's a kid, still growing, learning, we were nuts to get rid of him, he's only going to keep getting better. He's a lot better than Darche and a few other guys on this squad.
ill take darche's play-hard-all-the-time, mistake-free hockey over pouliot's circus anyday

MasterDecoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 08:20 AM
Boulette Cannon

Pouliot, not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Boulette Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 10:21 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1126153

why does pouliot have his own thread?

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 04:23 PM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1126153

why does pouliot have his own thread?
Because there is not much to talk about. The Habs sucked and didn't make the playoffs so there is no Hab playoff talk. Gauthier got fired and that's run its course. Markov is actually walking again so that news has dried up.

Really there's not much to talk about except to dump all over ex-habs.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 05:06 PM
Bullsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
Because there is not much to talk about. The Habs sucked and didn't make the playoffs so there is no Hab playoff talk. Gauthier got fired and that's run its course. Markov is actually walking again so that news has dried up.

Really there's not much to talk about except to dump all over ex-habs.
He's an easy target, too.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 06:04 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
So was Scott Gomez, darn near, the last 6 years.. big deal? The past doesn't equal the future in pro sports, Cammy had a good payoff run here, doesn't mean he will in Calgary.

We have enough high salary players who weren't delivering in the regular season, dumping them isn't going to hurt us in the near future. We can't 'hope' they come alive in the post season, it isn't a solid plan to build a team around.
Please don't compare Gomez to Cammy. Such a silly comparison.

Seriously, besides the 1st line, who actually produced on this team? The entire team sucked last year but Cammy was still somehow supposed to produce like a PPG player while being the largest player on his line. LOL

There is no HOPE with Cammy. He is a PPG playoff performer...even last year when he struggled, he still produced at a PPG pace.

In Montreal, if you have a poor year, you get shipped out and discarded like a piece of trash. Happens way too often here.

Old
05-08-2012, 06:30 PM
chuck1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eb View Post
Leafs fan here.

After I saw him sign with Boston in the offseason, I lost a lot of respect for this guy. (Just like I lost a bunch of respect for Talbot signing in Phili) I know it's a business but still, just my two cents.

In Toronto, we have had the same rumours of "locker room problems".
Komisarek?

chuck1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 06:36 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Please don't compare Gomez to Cammy. Such a silly comparison.
Apparently you find it odd to compare two players who once played a PPG in the playoffs. Both are paid well, both have been shipped from two teams, both are smaller players, and have had a dreadful regular season.

How is this a bad comparison again?