HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECSF - Game One - Your New Jersey Devils @ Philadelphia Flyers PART II

Closed Thread

Old
04-30-2012, 08:23 PM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
I think when you're talking about NHL-caliber players that every shot on goal is a legitimate scoring opportunity.

But to say that Marty just started giving up softies recently is ridiculous.

He plays a style that most goalies don't play, that means he's able to make saves that other goalies aren't capable of making. It also means that routine saves for a butterfly goalie are difficult saves for him. That just comes with the territory.

To be fair, I want Tallinder waived to. The guy has been pure garbage since the end of 2008.
Really, you are going to use that video? That was a very weird goal............Whens the last time that sort of thing happened?

Old
04-30-2012, 08:25 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitate304 View Post
Very selective memory... Are you forgetting that the Tallinder-Fayne pairing brought stability to an otherwise chaotic defense last season and was the foundation of our surge up the standings? They were fantastic as a pairing once Fayne came into his own, and it's not like Fayne carried Tallinder.
Actually that's exactly what happened, and it's not the first time Tallinder has been carried by a rookie.

I've watched Tallinder his entire career in Buffalo, he was excellent the first few years after the lockout when he was paired with Toni Lydman, but then around the end of 2008 he fell off the face of the Earth while Lydman continued to excel. He had an awful 2009, was carried by Myers in 2010, was awful the beginning of 2011 UNTIL Fayne was called up and then mysteriously got his act together, and blew donkey nuts the first 30 games this season.

Old
04-30-2012, 08:25 PM
Flame Demers*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Mikka Kiprusoff is a goaltender who plays for a bad team who I think is better than Ward. Kiprusoff is great, but Calgary SUCKS. Kiprusoff kept his team in it when Marty, and then Moose F'd up our game in Calgary, and we put a lot of pressure on him. He's great in most games actually. Not so good in a shootout though. I'm a big fan of his.
in 2005,2006,2007,2008-2009 it was a given that when calgary played new jersey, bet the under...

it was a lock
obvi no bets in the strike year

Old
04-30-2012, 08:27 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I fear if we lose this series, and the odds are against us here, that Marty will get the blame. He got the blame from a lot that we even needed to go 7 games. Did a thankless job in keeping us in the game in OT though in game 7. He did steal us that game though. Even if you think he cost us game 3 he made up for it. I thought the goals he let in in 09 in game 7 were as bad as anyone. At least the tying goal by Carolina was. The winner wasn't quite as bad that I remember. He wasn't having it in Florida though.
Not from me, I know that, unless he really ****s up.

We won a series and with the current defense and 80 year old goaltending duo, I really can't complain.

Old
04-30-2012, 08:38 PM
manisback121

I'm going to say this, Roy also gave up softies in his day. The 93 finals comes to mind best in this regard. No goalie is going to have a strong area all around.

They key here is when you look at the goalie, you need the goalie to be hot throughout the playoffs with the expectations of some flubs (Marty had his in game 6 in 2003 I'll use that for those in the forum), never bring up Hasek in a conversation as he was uncoachable and rather guy we called a sieve as he was hot or cold with no in between.

Fact is we are dealing with Philly which is no different a goal tending situation than series past. A goalie who was truly liquid lightning would not have given up 5+ goals in a game or 10 for that matter like bryzgalov did against Pittsburgh, hence why the yotes let him go.

We are dealing with a goalie that is score able against, now the task at hand is slowing Philly down and playing our game.

Same game plan that has worked in the past, stay out of the box and move through it. This Philly team is a lot closer to the teas we played in 95 and 00 than the 04 and 10 teams in play style and construction.

Rule changes aside, this is their MO fast paced speed game. Same rules apply as with Florida: stay out of the box, slow it down, drive the net. Talent level up front is greater, talent level on the blue line a little less.

Food for thought, 2 out of 3 cups we have played for (95 and 2000), we dropped the first game in the 2nd round with one goal games.

Old
04-30-2012, 09:17 PM
HeliDevil
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by manisback121 View Post
Food for thought, 2 out of 3 cups we have played for (95 and 2000), we dropped the first game in the 2nd round with one goal games.
that's funny cause i just watched the 95 and 00 stanley cup vhs last night! penguins in 95, and maple leafs in 00. boy i forgot how grainy vhs were.

Old
04-30-2012, 09:23 PM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

You play to win the game.

Old
04-30-2012, 09:25 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by manisback121 View Post
Who's tryin to meet up for the parade?

Old
04-30-2012, 09:28 PM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Man View Post
You play to win the game.

Old
04-30-2012, 09:29 PM
zharkenby

HOW can anyone be blaming marty. Yeah, he made a mistake, and he probably is done or atleast should be done playing hockey. Also, look at the goals Bryz gave up andthen talk about how bad marty is. We lost game overall because of Ilya Kovalsuck and stupid penalties. Give Kovy less ice, and stop taking ****** penalties. When this happens, we will have much better odds

Old
04-30-2012, 09:32 PM
RNCDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
It really makes me sick how harsh and critical Brodeur is judged on this board while a slob like Kovalchuk will get every freaking excuse known to man....yeah Marty has been injured too for the last two years but I guess that is irrelevant.
You are way too harsh on Kovalchuk, coming from a person who does not like the trade + penalties. Calling Kovy a slob is beneath you.

Old
04-30-2012, 09:33 PM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

Quote:
Originally Posted by zharkenby View Post
HOW can anyone be blaming marty. Yeah, he made a mistake, and he probably is done or atleast should be done playing hockey. Also, look at the goals Bryz gave up andthen talk about how bad marty is. We lost game overall because of Ilya Kovalsuck and stupid penalties. Give Kovy less ice, and stop taking ****** penalties. When this happens, we will have much better odds
original

Old
04-30-2012, 09:34 PM
Bleedred
Buyout bone dust

Quote:
I don't think most people are blaming Marty for yesterday. Some trolls might be. He caused one goal.

Kovy may have caused 2. Didn't cause the OT winner, but standing around sure didn't help.

Paul Mccartney looking dude Breire is still singing.

''Kovy I'm amazed at the way you helped me in overtime! Kovy I'm amazed at the breakaway goal you gave me!''

Old
04-30-2012, 09:35 PM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
Quote:
well, if marty doesnt commit that gaffe, its a different hockey game to a degree. the way they were playing, they still mightve given up a goal. or the sykora goal couldve been gravy. either way, he has to stop being a dumbass with the puck. hes not the same with it anymore, and the teams know precisely where to be when he actually does have it. hes not cujo bad with the puck, but i cringe when hes got it.

Old
04-30-2012, 09:35 PM
zharkenby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Cat View Post
original
was just trying to be a little funny. Honestly though, the guy is hurt. There is nothing he can do about it. I really think it may be a good idea for him to sit out just one game.

Old
04-30-2012, 09:36 PM
The Great Dame
DSevs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Just reminding you that you have the GDT for tomorrow.
Yep, I guess I'll post it once this one gets full

Closed Thread