HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Caps vs. Rangers, Game 2

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-30-2012, 09:54 PM
  #151
Maineice11
Registered User
 
Maineice11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 6,446
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
torts is ticked off...man, he will light even more of a fire under his team...i cant wait for game 3

Maineice11 is online now  
Old
04-30-2012, 09:54 PM
  #152
Jabroni
The People's Champ
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 7,101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw2004 View Post
I didn't have a chance to watch the game tonight. How did Rangers play?
Outplayed the Caps for most of the game, but 2 gaffes led to goals 1 and 2, and the bad call in the 3rd led to goal 3.

Jabroni is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 09:55 PM
  #153
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,352
vCash: 500
Well based on Caps fan logic we won that game. Not worried
If either team looks worn out from a 7 game first round it's Washington.

Barbara Underhill is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 09:55 PM
  #154
Machinehead
Moderator
1st pair Boyle
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Land of no Defense
Country: United States
Posts: 47,355
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw2004 View Post
I didn't have a chance to watch the game tonight. How did Rangers play?
Pretty good actually. It was just two bad mistakes, one by Bickel, one by Hank, that cost them.

Machinehead is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 09:55 PM
  #155
Net Front Presence
Harvester of Sorrow
 
Net Front Presence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 6,173
vCash: 152
Who comes up with these questions that they ask Torts? are they serious? McDonagh kicked the puck in the net because he's only in his second year apparently

Net Front Presence is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 09:55 PM
  #156
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 21,701
vCash: 500
I'm ok with how the Rangers played, outside of a couple of MASSIVE screw ups

Just don't do that crap again and they'll be fine

Levitate is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 09:55 PM
  #157
smoneil
Registered User
 
smoneil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Rochester
Country: United States
Posts: 2,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSGFaithful View Post
Off topic, does anyone else really ****ing hate Washington fans?
Yes. Washington and the Pens have the same post-lockout bandwagon thing going on, but I think Washington's may be even worse. A huge percentage of these recently "die-hard" Caps fans will disappear the second that the Redskins are relevant again. It's pitiful.

Amusing true story--I have a bunch of relatives in the Maryland suburbs of DC. Many of them magically became life-long hockey fans about 5 or 6 years ago (it's like they forget that I knew them before that). We had a big family dinner during last year's playoffs, and one of my cousins was watching a playoff game. I went to change the channel (looking for a different game), and he pitched a fit, ranting about how he's this big-time hockey fan, and he knows the sport and he wanted to ****ing watch the game that was on. He was pretty embarrassed when I pointed out that he was watching a replay of the previous year's playoffs (as any hockey fan would know due to the fact that Niemi was in goal for Chicago).

Just like the Pens. They're new to the sport, but they want to pretend that they're experts and mega-fans. If they were just willing to learn about the game and admit to being new to the sport, I don't think anyone would give them any crap.

smoneil is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 09:56 PM
  #158
NCRanger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrimpy View Post
Lol. By the homer NBC announcers and Caps fans logic, the Caps are lucky to have a tied series because they had fluky soft goal and the Rangers hit two posts!
In all seriousness, what is it about the NBC announcers and their apparent rooting against the Rangers?

Forslund (Carolina) was bad, but semi-tolerable, if he had a Micheletti doing color, but Hayward (Anaheim) was blatantly pulling for Ottawa.

This Rick Peckham tool (Tampa) is awful. Flat out awful in the Washington homerism.

I guess Jim Hughson is tied up with the CBC, but NBC needs some PROFESSIONAL non-biased announcers.

NCRanger is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 09:56 PM
  #159
Bardof425*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Not impressed by the Capitals at all. We gave them 2 goals, 3rd was arguably a weak goal too. The Rangers will win it in 6.
Last goal was a Brian Boyle hat trick.

1 - lose the draw cleanly
2 - fail to cover the point man
3 - screen Hank on the play

Result; power play goal.

Thanks for coming back Brian. We couldn't lose without you.

Bardof425* is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 09:56 PM
  #160
NikC
Registered User
 
NikC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 3,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Hagelins Flow View Post
They're the worst.

Idiotic, immature, young, stupid, arrogant, ********, know-nothings...

Do I need to go on?

I swear, I'll take fans from Philadelphia any day over Caps fans. At least Philly fans know the game.
flyers fans are better in some respects, but hey act like they've won every game before it even starts. they are unbearable right now after the upset of pittsburg. their local media are full of hack homers

NikC is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 09:56 PM
  #161
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFun View Post
Rangers played well, this has to be a demoralizing defeat
Not really. The Rangers played well and can play better. I think it was one of those games where bad bounces cost you. Something to build on and use as motivation.

Barbara Underhill is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 09:57 PM
  #162
ChrisKreider20
But y u mad?
 
ChrisKreider20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,609
vCash: 500
Eminger in for Bickel next game...please.
I think you play the veterans. Also Eminger is much more mobile. Also, Eminger, MDZ was a good pairing earlier this year.

ChrisKreider20 is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 09:57 PM
  #163
Machinehead
Moderator
1st pair Boyle
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Land of no Defense
Country: United States
Posts: 47,355
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFun View Post
Rangers played well, this has to be a demoralizing defeat
We're 91 games in and this team has yet to be phased by anything.

Machinehead is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 09:58 PM
  #164
theJUMPER
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 913
vCash: 500
That kind of effort will win this series.


I don't plan on Lundqvist to be doing anymore Bryzgalov impressions for the rest of the series.

theJUMPER is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 09:58 PM
  #165
NikC
Registered User
 
NikC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 3,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFun View Post
Rangers played well, this has to be a demoralizing defeat
get lost @ss.

NikC is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 09:58 PM
  #166
nyrfan519
Registered User
 
nyrfan519's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 800
vCash: 500
I'm not as worried in this series as I was during the Ottawa series. Of course, we've yet to play in DC, but Ottawa had stretches of utter domination. They really took it to us at times. I haven't seen that so far with Washington.

nyrfan519 is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 09:59 PM
  #167
NikC
Registered User
 
NikC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 3,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
Last goal was a Brian Boyle hat trick.

1 - lose the draw cleanly
2 - fail to cover the point man
3 - screen Hank on the play

Result; power play goal.

Thanks for coming back Brian. We couldn't lose without you.
Boyle played like crap tonight.

NikC is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 10:00 PM
  #168
AKrangerfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Anchorage
Country: United States
Posts: 317
vCash: 500
The ref's didn't cost us the game, 2 big mistakes did.
3-0 without Boyle. Coincidence or not? Boyle or Bickel should sit the next game. Play Emminger.
We looked like the better team. We got this series.

AKrangerfan is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 10:00 PM
  #169
Rangers1985
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: HIJACKED
Posts: 685
vCash: 500
They play well on the road, get away from MSG and the city for a bit.

Theyll be fine fellas.

This team is crazy resilient.

Rangers1985 is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 10:01 PM
  #170
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 19,746
vCash: 500
We'll win both in Washington, book it.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 10:02 PM
  #171
DMPD
Offseasons Greetings
 
DMPD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 21,378
vCash: 500
Hey guys, good news. Semin and Carlson haven't scored yet. Wait that's bad news, that means they will soon.

__________________
DMPD is online now  
Old
04-30-2012, 10:02 PM
  #172
bmw2004
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Brooklyn, N.Y.
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 2,479
vCash: 500
Thanks guys. How was Hanks game? I hate to hear that he gave up one bad goal tonite. The team has to score more than two goals to bail out Hanks mistake.

bmw2004 is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 10:03 PM
  #173
NCRanger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
Yes. Washington and the Pens have the same post-lockout bandwagon thing going on, but I think Washington's may be even worse. A huge percentage of these recently "die-hard" Caps fans will disappear the second that the Redskins are relevant again. It's pitiful.

Amusing true story--I have a bunch of relatives in the Maryland suburbs of DC. Many of them magically became life-long hockey fans about 5 or 6 years ago (it's like they forget that I knew them before that). We had a big family dinner during last year's playoffs, and one of my cousins was watching a playoff game. I went to change the channel (looking for a different game), and he pitched a fit, ranting about how he's this big-time hockey fan, and he knows the sport and he wanted to ****ing watch the game that was on. He was pretty embarrassed when I pointed out that he was watching a replay of the previous year's playoffs (as any hockey fan would know due to the fact that Niemi was in goal for Chicago).

Just like the Pens. They're new to the sport, but they want to pretend that they're experts and mega-fans. If they were just willing to learn about the game and admit to being new to the sport, I don't think anyone would give them any crap.
The problem I have with the whole damn organization right down to their fans is that they seem to forget they've been in the NHL since the early 1970's. "Old time" Capitals fans from the 80's are tolerable. Problem is, it doesn't seem like any of them still exist. Ted Leonsis ran off all the old time fans with his Tanksburgh strategy, and then operated his team as an expansion team.

NCRanger is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 10:03 PM
  #174
MisterUnspoken
Vintage
 
MisterUnspoken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 10,165
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRanger View Post
In all seriousness, what is it about the NBC announcers and their apparent rooting against the Rangers?

Forslund (Carolina) was bad, but semi-tolerable, if he had a Micheletti doing color, but Hayward (Anaheim) was blatantly pulling for Ottawa.

This Rick Peckham tool (Tampa) is awful. Flat out awful in the Washington homerism.

I guess Jim Hughson is tied up with the CBC, but NBC needs some PROFESSIONAL non-biased announcers.
Rick Peckham hates the Capitals. Don't know where you're getting this from. He called the game pretty evenly.

The difference believe it or not was that penalty call in the third. Rangers had all the momentum and then the Caps get two soft penalties in a row and Ovechkin wins it. Henrik's gaffe was also quite sad, but that penalty call was god awful.

MisterUnspoken is offline  
Old
04-30-2012, 10:03 PM
  #175
Riche16
McCready guitar god
 
Riche16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: FL
Country: United States
Posts: 4,417
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theJUMPER View Post
That kind of effort will win this series.


I don't plan on Lundqvist to be doing anymore Bryzgalov impressions for the rest of the series.
Amen!!!

And brav-FUKING-o!!!

Play like that the rest of the way (sans brianfarts) and see where it gets you.

Good post sir. Well done.

Riche16 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.