HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Series Talk - WCSF - #3 Phoenix Coyotes 4 vs #4 Nashville Predators 1

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-30-2012, 12:18 PM
  #276
token grinder
Registered User
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 4,059
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
We looked completely unprepared for last night. Like they forgot it was the playoffs. I'm hopeful they don't forget that again.
I disagree with this opinion. We were prepared just fine. Execuation of the gameplan stunk. This team is good enough to comeback from bone head mistakes and deficits. All teams have them. ALL of them. What we can not do is continue to shoot ourselves in the foot with mental errors that result in pucks in the net.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 12:24 PM
  #277
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD
 
Paranoid Android's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CO
Posts: 11,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
I disagree with this opinion. We were prepared just fine. Execuation of the gameplan stunk. This team is good enough to comeback from bone head mistakes and deficits. All teams have them. ALL of them. What we can not do is continue to shoot ourselves in the foot with mental errors that result in pucks in the net.
You just agreed with me. Execution of the game plan is all part of being mentally prepared for a game. We had poor execution from the get go. In other words, unprepared for the start of the game.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 01:39 PM
  #278
ILikeItILoveIt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 190
vCash: 500
Enough Already

We lost Game 1 in OT and game back 3 times. We dominated. We should have won. We did that with the same guys that played Sunday.

Game 2 we played bad as a team but were still in it until Leggie had the brain fart. Minus that, we could have won even playing as poorly as we played.

We're down 2-0. Both on the road. Stop acting like the world is coming to an end and we have to play Toots on the #1 line. These guys now get it. They've dug a hole. They will climb out and win this series.

Part of what makes being a sports fan cool is witnessing the twists and turns and having your team come out of it on top.

We're twisting and turning. When we come back and win this thing in 6 games, we'll remember it forever and it'll become part of our character. That's the opportunity we have.

Game 3 is the latest "Biggest game in Pred History". Enjoy it. Think of how great you'll feel when we win.

We were never going to run the table. Adversity was going to hit. It's hit. Good news: we can beat these guys if we play our game. We'll find it. The same guys who sucked rocks Sunday will be heroes on Wednesday.

There are 22 fanbases that would give their left knut to be where we are. Go out there on Wednesday and whoop it up. Enjoy the challenge. Expect the turnaround and create stories you hand down to your kids.

Smashville will rise again, starting Wednesday.

ILikeItILoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 02:05 PM
  #279
token grinder
Registered User
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 4,059
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
You just agreed with me. Execution of the game plan is all part of being mentally prepared for a game. We had poor execution from the get go. In other words, unprepared for the start of the game.
Let me use an analogy then. I will compare it to a spelling bee. before the bee, you can spell every word imaginable, but as soon as the bright lights hit, you faint like the kid did a few years ago. It wasn't because the kid wasn't prepared. He had every tool given to him. Just like our hockey club has every tool available. Sometimes you just plain **** up.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 02:29 PM
  #280
coviner
Registered User
 
coviner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 142
vCash: 500
I don't know if it has been mentioned, but since the lockout, 3 of the Stanley Cup winners have been down 0-2 in at least one series on the road to the Cup. 4 finalists overall have been in the same situation. That includes one finalist in each of the last 3 Cup Finals and 2 of the last 3 Cup winners.

Food for thought.

coviner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 02:34 PM
  #281
canadianpredsfan97
Registered User
 
canadianpredsfan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancovuer
Country: Canada
Posts: 581
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coviner View Post
I don't know if it has been mentioned, but since the lockout, 3 of the Stanley Cup winners have been down 0-2 in at least one series on the road to the Cup. 4 finalists overall have been in the same situation. That includes one finalist in each of the last 3 Cup Finals and 2 of the last 3 Cup winners.

Food for thought.
I'll take whatever positive I can get. As well, I was thinking about this the other day. In the last two years, we won an OT game for the first time, a Game 5 for the first time, our first series win ever. Sooner or later we are going to win the first series we trailed in.

canadianpredsfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 02:34 PM
  #282
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD
 
Paranoid Android's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CO
Posts: 11,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
Let me use an analogy then. I will compare it to a spelling bee. before the bee, you can spell every word imaginable, but as soon as the bright lights hit, you faint like the kid did a few years ago. It wasn't because the kid wasn't prepared. He had every tool given to him. Just like our hockey club has every tool available. Sometimes you just plain **** up.
Sounds like the kid wasn't mentally prepared for the pressures of the stage for that day. Everyday is a battle you have to prepare for.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 02:43 PM
  #283
coviner
Registered User
 
coviner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianpredsfan97 View Post
I'll take whatever positive I can get. As well, I was thinking about this the other day. In the last two years, we won an OT game for the first time, a Game 5 for the first time, our first series win ever. Sooner or later we are going to win the first series we trailed in.
Teams don't win the Cup without overcoming adversity somewhere along the way. Hell, Boston was down 0-2 twice last year and came back both times. I have heard a fair amount of Boston comparisons this year, and while I would rather not have to go through the anger and heart problem inducing drama that comes with having to dig out of a hole, if it ends with a Finals appearance/Cup, I think I can deal. I hope the boys were as pissed last night as I was, because if they could somehow channel my emotions into some positive energy and good play they would go on a tear the likes of which are seldom seen in professional sports.

...and I don't even play for them.

coviner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 02:45 PM
  #284
canadianpredsfan97
Registered User
 
canadianpredsfan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancovuer
Country: Canada
Posts: 581
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coviner View Post
Teams don't win the Cup without overcoming adversity somewhere along the way. Hell, Boston was down 0-2 twice last year and came back both times. I have heard a fair amount of Boston comparisons this year, and while I would rather not have to go through the anger and heart problem inducing drama that comes with having to dig out of a hole, if it ends with a Finals appearance/Cup, I think I can deal. I hope the boys were as pissed last night as I was, because if they could somehow channel my emotions into some positive energy and good play they would go on a tear the likes of which are seldom seen in professional sports.

...and I don't even play for them.
I feel you man. If we win on Wednesday, I have this feeling Legs and Rinne will be reasons why.

canadianpredsfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 04:09 PM
  #285
Scdo72
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 8
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
well, that was a fun two games. more offense than you would expect from either team, to be honest.

a few thoughts.....

as a fanbase, we have to adopt the mentality of, we aren't in trouble unless we lose on home ice. Granted, Phoenix fans should just want a split at this point and 2 opps to close out at home. We lose Game 3, we are playing for pride most likely. coming back from 0-3 has been done before, but the odds quite frankly suck. Win game 3, everything changes. then it becomes win game 4 and we have a whole new ballgame. Or lose game 4 and have all the pressure on Pho to close us out because you have to have the feeling we win game 5 and come home in game 6 and get it done. lots of fun to be had here, honestly. But it all starts by winning Wednesday.


It will be interesting to see what Trotz does with the lineup in game 3. I think he sees that the dpairs aren't working right now. No way he splits 20/6, but I think he splits Klein/Josi up. Part of me would not be surprised to see Klein/Gill and Cube/someone other than Josi. Confidence is a strange thing. Josi has zero right now. I think Klein heard about how good an offensive player he was in junior after those goals against Detroit. We need to have an active defense, but not as active as he has been. He hung Josi out to dry a few times. Being said, when a dman is below the dots, someone has to fall back and help out a bit on the points. that is a focus/detail issue that I expect to get fixed by Wed. I think a good long video session will be good for practice today.

Goaltending-We have given up 9 in the first two games. But for whtever reason I am not mad at Pekka. I think 2-3 are on him, yes. Deflections, legwand passing to Coyotes, it all seems like whatever can go wrong around him is. But he is stopping what he even half sees. If anything, I still think Smith is trash. made a few tough stops, but it isn't like he is playing out of his mind to me. If I were a Pho fan, I would be concerned he isn't stopping what he sees.

Forward corps-good lord where to start. I am one of those people who like to ride what brought us here. Being said, if Trotz were to change some things, I would suggest finding a way for Bourque and Erat to play together. they are our 2 best forwards right now. Problem is, they are both good at fishing out pucks. Our 2 shooters are Hornquist, and Radulov. so I guess Fisher would get that call for me. I think you keep legwand and radulov together. And I think I would like to see AK with them again. Now bottom six is where we get dicey. Hornquist can't skate, but he has been effective. So he stays. And I think you stick Gaustad on his line. I think I want to see tootoo on that line as it will be a pain in the ass to play against. But, can tootoo or horn play the left side? Can tootoo not play like an idiot? 2nd bottom 6 line, I think you have to have a grindy checky line. I would put, if healthy, Halischuck, Spaling, and Yip together. At worst, if the new Gaustad unit sucks, you have some interchangeable parts. Or if you think the Gaustad line is Grindy enough-roll Wilson-Smith-SK

I would roll out-

Bourque-Fisher-Erat
AK-Legwand-Radulov
Tootoo-Gaustad-Hornquist

and either:

Yip-Spaling-Halischuck
Wilson-Smith-SK

these last 2 games remind me of when we have tailspins in the reg season. We think we are an offensive team, and overcommit. Constantly. Then, about the time the fire trotz thread rolls out, we recommit to playing Trotz system and reel off 3-4-5 games in a row. With the first being an ugly 2-0. 3-1 kinda game where a bottom forward and a bottom dman score.

Do I think a layoff hurt our guys-yes
Do I think we should have won game 1? yes
Do I think we should have won game 2-no, we were terrible
Do I think we came in over confident? yep
Do I think we expected them to roll over in gm 2 to the on paper mighty team? yep
Do I think ur guys realize the spot they are in? yep
Do I think we are the better team still? yep
Do I think it is time to hit the panic button? ask me Wednesday night
mod edit

At least 2 of the 3 goals (when Josi was an Ice) were not his fault.

He was the one, who made e lot of things right

Maybe this article will open your eyes

http://predlines.com/2012/04/30/i-wo...-you-lovingly/

Legis (stupid) handpass, was it Josis'fault???? No
The missed rebound after Doan's Shot .. was ist Josis fault???? No

Please be objectiv!

A few days ago, (all) the predators were heros, now they are the losers

It's unbelievable what's going on on this boards

When they have beaten the Red-Wings everyone talked about the Cup.

Hellllllo, wake-up, there are other very very good teams in the run for the SC

And yes, its time to hit the panic button - but not for the NP


Last edited by Chairman Maouth: 04-30-2012 at 11:07 PM.
Scdo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 04:10 PM
  #286
drwpreds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coviner View Post
Teams don't win the Cup without overcoming adversity somewhere along the way. Hell, Boston was down 0-2 twice last year and came back both times.
Not only that, Boston lost the first two games AT HOME to Montreal, and were outscored a combined 5-1 in those two games- much worse than our first two games.

They also lost game 1 at home to TB, and of course were down 0-2 in the finals.
I guarantee you the Bruins boards wrote their team off just the way many on here are.

If I just woke from a coma and just read the message boards, I would have thought we had lost both games 8-0.

Bottom line, the odds are against us, but until we lose at home, we still are in this series. We just have to win Wednesday- then it gets interesting..

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 05:48 PM
  #287
dulzhok
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 3,469
vCash: 500
I still have some hope.

But we have to make changes. Fisher-SK have to be broken up. It's ridiculous that we've forced it this long with the depth we have.

Klein-Josi have been terrible this series. Klien had an un-real pass last night, but negated that (and more) with extremely weak defensive coverage.

Josi has a horrible habit of falling down much like Hartnell, except it's much worse for dman to fall down than a forward.

Legwand is as dumb as he looks-- quit possibly the dumbest play I've ever seen. He's also making atrocious passes. He has been both a hero and goat this playoffs, certainly a goat vs Phx.

Radulov is trying to do too much, maybe in part because his line-mates aren't that great. But he has to simplify his game.

Rinne has to save our bacon more often.. like he did for long parts of the year.

That being said, we're coming home and have ability to overcome this adversity. Part of it lies on Trotz to make the needed changes. And part lies with each individual player to get motivated. You shouldn't need some cheerleader or coach to get you pumped up for the Stanley Cup playoffs.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 05:52 PM
  #288
Stranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 5,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
I still have some hope.

But we have to make changes. Fisher-SK have to be broken up. It's ridiculous that we've forced it this long with the depth we have.

Klein-Josi have been terrible this series. Klien had an un-real pass last night, but negated that (and more) with extremely weak defensive coverage.

Josi has a horrible habit of falling down much like Hartnell, except it's much worse for dman to fall down than a forward.

Legwand is as dumb as he looks-- quit possibly the dumbest play I've ever seen. He's also making atrocious passes. He has been both a hero and goat this playoffs, certainly a goat vs Phx.

Radulov is trying to do too much, maybe in part because his line-mates aren't that great. But he has to simplify his game.

Rinne has to save our bacon more often.. like he did for long parts of the year.

That being said, we're coming home and have ability to overcome this adversity. Part of it lies on Trotz to make the needed changes. And part lies with each individual player to get motivated. You shouldn't need some cheerleader or coach to get you pumped up for the Stanley Cup playoffs.
Great post.

I'm also shocked Halischuk isn't playing. He seems like a perfect player against the Coyotes. You cannot tell me Yip is a better option than Halischuk.

Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 05:57 PM
  #289
dulzhok
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 3,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Great post.

I'm also shocked Halischuk isn't playing. He seems like a perfect player against the Coyotes. You cannot tell me Yip is a better option than Halischuk.
I agree. I also think Hali would be a better option than SK right now too. Yes, even on the 1st line. That guy can score timely goals and will certainly not hurt his linemates.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 07:10 PM
  #290
Cashville
RIP Lindback
 
Cashville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 2,642
vCash: 1225
I was uber pissed last night. Feel better today; win the next one and I'll feel even better.

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 09:44 PM
  #291
drwpreds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 651
vCash: 500
I know it shouldn't matter, but the fact that the Blues are in worse shape than us- down 0-2 having to go to LA- makes me feel much better about our situation- JUST WIN WEDNESDAY!!

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 11:02 PM
  #292
token grinder
Registered User
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 4,059
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scdo72 View Post
mod edit

At least 2 of the 3 goals (when Josi was an Ice) were not his fault.

He was the one, who made e lot of things right

Maybe this article will open your eyes

http://predlines.com/2012/04/30/i-wo...-you-lovingly/

Legis (stupid) handpass, was it Josis'fault???? No
The missed rebound after Doan's Shot .. was ist Josis fault???? No

Please be objectiv!

A few days ago, (all) the predators were heros, now they are the losers

It's unbelievable what's going on on this boards

When they have beaten the Red-Wings everyone talked about the Cup.

Hellllllo, wake-up, there are other very very good teams in the run for the SC

And yes, its time to hit the panic button - but not for the NP
well, i tried to read the article on the poorly designed website, but I can't.

and second, I blamed josi for nothing. I said he has no confidence. When you have no confidence, you are not aggressive. when you are not aggressive, you get stuck playing with an over aggressive klein. when you play passive to an over aggressive klein, you suck in the playoffs. when you suck in the playoffs, you get to ponder what a pairing will be like with jack hillen in practice. Roman, don't ponder what a pairing will be like with jack hillen in the practice.

look, I can make Roman a star for Direct TV.


Last edited by Chairman Maouth: 04-30-2012 at 11:07 PM.
token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 11:20 PM
  #293
vandyfan84
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Vegas
Country: United States
Posts: 500
vCash: 500
Hey at least we're not the Blues right now

vandyfan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 12:23 AM
  #294
UsernameWasTaken
HFBoards Sponsor
 
UsernameWasTaken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,139
vCash: 500
Hawks fan here. Please just win the next game. If this is a team the Hawks could have beaten this is a team you guys definitely should beat.

Even though the Hawks and Preds are in the same division, you're not a team I've ever really harboured ill will towards...mainly b/c I really like Rinne and also Weber. I actually wouldn't feel bad if you guys won the Cup this year.

On top of that, I'm a bit more invested in you guys taking the series b/c of the Torres suspension. His suspension carries over to next year - so it's almost like every game the Yotes spend in the playoffs is a "freebie" for him.

Go Preds!

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 01:22 AM
  #295
canadianpredsfan97
Registered User
 
canadianpredsfan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancovuer
Country: Canada
Posts: 581
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
Hawks fan here. Please just win the next game. If this is a team the Hawks could have beaten this is a team you guys definitely should beat.

Even though the Hawks and Preds are in the same division, you're not a team I've ever really harboured ill will towards...mainly b/c I really like Rinne and also Weber. I actually wouldn't feel bad if you guys won the Cup this year.

On top of that, I'm a bit more invested in you guys taking the series b/c of the Torres suspension. His suspension carries over to next year - so it's almost like every game the Yotes spend in the playoffs is a "freebie" for him.

Go Preds!
Thanks for the support. I've got a bud who's a blackhawks fan who is loving Nashville's situation right now.

canadianpredsfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 01:23 AM
  #296
canadianpredsfan97
Registered User
 
canadianpredsfan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancovuer
Country: Canada
Posts: 581
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandyfan84 View Post
Hey at least we're not the Blues right now
I second that but who would've thought the Kings would've outscored St. Louis 8-3 after two games.

canadianpredsfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 01:58 AM
  #297
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain
 
kypredsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bowling Green, KY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,450
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandyfan84 View Post
Hey at least we're not the Blues right now
Exactly. Atleast we aren't the 2 seed and lost both of our first games at home... yet. If we lose, it'll be very frustrating. However, it's a successful year any way you look at it.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 07:58 AM
  #298
maplepred
Registered User
 
maplepred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,466
vCash: 500
Rinne is getting destroyed mentally by coyotes. Maybe let lindback show off his new mask next game?

He can't be as bad as rinne and let in average of 4.5 GAA

maplepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 08:12 AM
  #299
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 22,745
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
Exactly. Atleast we aren't the 2 seed and lost both of our first games at home... yet. If we lose, it'll be very frustrating. However, it's a successful year any way you look at it.
Disagree, it becomes successful if we're able to BUILD on last years success, I wouldn't call getting blown out in the second round a success

Dave is a killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 08:35 AM
  #300
VFL615*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Middle Tennessee
Country: United States
Posts: 735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
well, i tried to read the article on the poorly designed website, but I can't.

and second, I blamed josi for nothing. I said he has no confidence. When you have no confidence, you are not aggressive. when you are not aggressive, you get stuck playing with an over aggressive klein. when you play passive to an over aggressive klein, you suck in the playoffs. when you suck in the playoffs, you get to ponder what a pairing will be like with jack hillen in practice. Roman, don't ponder what a pairing will be like with jack hillen in the practice.
look, I can make Roman a star for Direct TV.
Not sure how anyone can not follow the link to the article mentioned. Anyway a nice breakdown on a couple of examples of why we are 0-2 in this series so far. I know some people cannot understand negative things when it is about their team but the tape does not lie. Hope the leadership of this team steps up and turns this thing around.

VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:32 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.