HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Caps vs. Rangers, Game 2

Closed Thread

Old
04-30-2012, 11:23 PM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Cant believe how many blatant trips the Caps got away with. I mean a trip is pretty damn obvious... ugh. Sick of being screwed on calls... year after year after year after year... then they get some SOFT ass calls to get back to backs... ridic.

Regardless, this team needs to FINISH.

Old
04-30-2012, 11:25 PM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Other thing, Anisimov. Anisimov getting just 5 ****ing minutes of ice time after one of, if not, his best games of the playoffs. He used his size great in game 1, got the cycle game going after getting pucks deep. Just wearing out the Caps with fedotenko. And what happens? He gets bumped to the 4th line. Love Boyle but Torts should have distributed those minutes a little more evenly between Boyle (with his first game back from a concussion) and Anisimov. 15 minutes for Boyle and just 5 for Anisimov. It is sickening.
This x100000

He played his best in game 1, Boyle should not fill his spot. Boyle should have gone to the 4th line with PK minutes in his return. He wasn't ready for those minutes after sitting a few games out. Anisimov was working really hard out there and to not reward him with more minutes played is unreal to me. He's got more offense to his game, so I don't see why, when we were trailing by 1 most of the game, that Anisimov, who scored last game could not make an impact in that game.

I hope he sees more ice-time in game 3 because he was really good in game 1

Old
04-30-2012, 11:30 PM
BlaqICE

Send a message via ICQ to BlaqICE Send a message via AIM to BlaqICE Send a message via MSN to BlaqICE
Dear Henrik Lundqvist,

Please stay in your net, *******. You're worse than Patrick Roy when you try to play the puck.

Sincerely,
Rangers fans everywhere.

Aside from the obvious dumb mistakes, I thought we played a pretty damn good game.

Old
04-30-2012, 11:30 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
I'm ok with how the Rangers played, outside of a couple of MASSIVE screw ups

Just don't do that crap again and they'll be fine
Outside of a small handful of screwups they played great. Unfortunately that was enough to be the difference.

I agree if they can play the way they did the rest of the series I like their odds.

Also that penalty call in inexcusable in a tie game, let alone in the playoffs.

04-30-2012, 11:31 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
Last goal was a Brian Boyle hat trick.

1 - lose the draw cleanly
2 - fail to cover the point man
3 - screen Hank on the play

Result; power play goal.

Thanks for coming back Brian. We couldn't lose without you.
He was also blatantly interfered with. He had no chance at getting back to the point.

Old
04-30-2012, 11:31 PM
IAMREALITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooLinePass View Post
2-2. Round 1 I was there for games 1 and 2, round 2 same thing happens. I should've known better.
Pshaw!!!!! And that gets you down? That's nuttin. I have probably the all time longest losing streak that defies odds to such a degree that I'm convinced god simply just hates me. In my career as a hockey fan, I'm a whopping 0-27 at home games. Swear on everything that isn't exaggerated one bit. Year after year I try. Year after year, game after game, I SWEAR this one will be the one I finally get to see a win! But nope. Never comes. 27 games and not once has it come. So know what I did? I didn't go once this year. Didn't go once. I knew we had something good so I was too terrified to go. Seriously. That's how psychologically damaged I am. I'm actually at the point now of being terrified of going.

So trust me, seeing 2 playoff wins would be a fantasy for me.

Old
04-30-2012, 11:33 PM
NYRKING30

I don't wanna beat a dead horse here but like majority said i thought we played very well except for 2 boneheaded decisions and some horrible,horrible officiating. it was actually one of our more complete games as a team in awhile minus hank not being on his A game tonight. Hank was good though.

I try to have the same mindset as the team, never get too high or never get too low. It's over, on to the next one.

Old
04-30-2012, 11:33 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqICE View Post
Dear Henrik Lundqvist,

Please stay in your net, *******. You're worse than Patrick Roy when you try to play the puck.

Sincerely,
Rangers fans everywhere.

Aside from the obvious dumb mistakes, I thought we played a pretty damn good game.
To be fair to Lundqvist, I can only think one other time in his career when he gave up a goal like that. A game in 2007 against the Flyers when we were leading 3-1 and he tried to score with about a minute left. We still won 3-2. That wasn't even that similar, that goal was all of his doing. This one was just a mistake.

Old
04-30-2012, 11:36 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMREALITY View Post
Pshaw!!!!! And that gets you down? That's nuttin. I have probably the all time longest losing streak that defies odds to such a degree that I'm convinced god simply just hates me. In my career as a hockey fan, I'm a whopping 0-27 at home games. Swear on everything that isn't exaggerated one bit. Year after year I try. Year after year, game after game, I SWEAR this one will be the one I finally get to see a win! But nope. Never comes. 27 games and not once has it come. So know what I did? I didn't go once this year. Didn't go once. I knew we had something good so I was too terrified to go. Seriously. That's how psychologically damaged I am. I'm actually at the point now of being terrified of going.

Honestly I think the odds of being 0-27 over years are probably not much better than winning the lottery.

Old
04-30-2012, 11:36 PM
MDL8981

Hank made a mistake....it happens. Obviously he deserves to be cut slack because of how great he is.

When scrub Bickel makes a game-changing mistake in his 4 minutes of ice time? THATS inexcusable.

Old
04-30-2012, 11:41 PM
McDunna with Fries

The series is pretty physical but definitely not nasty. I say swap out Bickel for Eminger.

Old
04-30-2012, 11:42 PM
MSGFaithful

Quote:

Holy ****.

You are not allowed at MSG ever. Sorry.

Old
04-30-2012, 11:43 PM
ltsthinaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
Outside of a small handful of screwups they played great. Unfortunately that was enough to be the difference.

I agree if they can play the way they did the rest of the series I like their odds.

Also that penalty call in inexcusable in a tie game, let alone in the playoffs.
Outside of that little thing with your husband, how was the play, Mrs. Lincoln?

Can't make these mistakes and win in the playoffs, especially with a team as offensively challenged as the Rangers.

Those penalty calls were make-up calls, I hate officials dong that.

Old
04-30-2012, 11:44 PM
Riche16
McCready guitar god

Quote:

Ouch. Sorry bro. Thanks for staying away

Old
04-30-2012, 11:50 PM
Moosehead777

Their aint no saints in hockey..Rangers or any other team...But if the refs are gonna call the Richards play a penalty..they have to call every little thing...that call is absurd...both teams in any series... in any nhl series ever played get away with things...and some calls have to be made ...sometimes they favor your team other times not...but touching jerseys getting called as a penalty is non sense...So yes i even agree with some calls that could go against the caps...not go against them cause there border line...but if you call that Richards play a penalty...you have to call the border line the other way to...

Old
04-30-2012, 11:53 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Reffing in the NHL is so inconsistent. It's a joke. And they wonder why some fans say it's fixed.

Old
04-30-2012, 11:55 PM
ThisYearsModel

Henrik is a real competitor, which is good. Someone said that he was ragging on McD after the goal that Henrik gifted to the Caps. I hope that is not true, because the only person deserving of blame on that one was Henrik. The Bickel brain fart was equally as stupid. Too bad. They could have put the Caps on the ropes and instead they gave them new life. We played our best game of the playoffs other than these 2 dumb plays.

Old
05-01-2012, 12:01 AM
mike14

Finally got to see another playoff game, pity about the result....

Overall I thought they played well. We gifted the Caps their first 2 goals with dumb mistakes (could say all 3 if you count the Richards penalty). We also had plenty of opportunities to win it, unfortunately it wasn't too be.

Outside of the penalty, I thought Richards was our best forward, setting up numerous chances and doing a good job with face-offs.

Despite both of them being on the scoreboard, i though the other 2 members of the "Big 3" (Gabby and Cally) had pretty quite games. They both need to win if we want to be playing in the finals.

As others have said, AA needed more ice time, he was looking good out there. I actually thought BB looked pretty good for a guy just back into the team, but AA should have had some of his minutes.

I'm annoyed by the 2 penalties called on the Rangers at the end. Both were technically there, so I'm not annoyed with the calls as such, but there has to be consistency; and with all the stuff that was let go/missed, I don't feel it was there.

Rangers played well enough to win, just couldn't get it done. Here's hoping they can up the ante in Washington

Old
05-01-2012, 12:02 AM
DoTheBlue
Great Expectations

Quote:

Damn. Not once? 0 and 27. Seems almost statistically impossible to pick a game to attend and be wrong 27 times straight. I mean if for example the Rangers home record was .500 at home over the years you would think that's around where you should be.

Let me know when you go to the next game because I want to put money on the other team.

There's only one thing to do. You have to go to every home game next year. It's the only way to break the cycle. I mean there's no way they lose 41 games at home next year. I think.

Old
05-01-2012, 12:03 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

In the end, the Rangers were the better team in this loss. This isn't like the Ottawa series where they were outplayed for large parts of games 2-5 and hardly held on to a lead to win/lose. I still think the Rangers win this series.

Old
05-01-2012, 12:04 AM
Rust Heisenberg

Nothing to worry about yet.

3 brain farts. Bickel, Hank, and Richie. Aside from that the energy wasn't that high, but I wasn't expecting us to come out ramming the puck down their throats. We're not playing for our lives yet and are still recovering from the 7 game series with Ottawa.

Next game should be more of the same, lucky bounces probably dictate who wins. Game 4 and 5 are games I think we absolutely own though. An extra day break as well as coming back home immediately after should hopefully give us a competitive advantage.

Old
05-01-2012, 12:06 AM
23isforDeBlois
you cant OD on it

how richards gets that call against him is mind numbing, the refs were beyond pathetic, ugh.

Old
05-01-2012, 12:16 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

I dont like to blame the refs in the playoffs all that much, simply because, it's been so abhorrently bad, for every team, that at this point, expecting good reffing is just.....idiotic.

you should pretty much expect to be pissed at the reffing going into a game right now.

Old
05-01-2012, 12:24 AM
IAMREALITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoTheBlue View Post
Damn. Not once? 0 and 27. Seems almost statistically impossible to pick a game to attend and be wrong 27 times straight. I mean if for example the Rangers home record was .500 at home over the years you would think that's around where you should be.

Let me know when you go to the next game because I want to put money on the other team.

There's only one thing to do. You have to go to every home game next year. It's the only way to break the cycle. I mean there's no way they lose 41 games at home next year. I think.
Not once. Ever. It's why I look to the heavens each time and say "are you friggin kidding me?? Again???".

I've thought about the buying a block of home games in a row (not all 41, mind you, but a good chunk) but it's tough to do as a single dad to two young boys. But someone else told me all I have to do is get one win and the cycle is broken. I want to know what it feels like to celebrate a win at the Garden... To see the salute...

What's worse, is that not only have I gone 0-27, but the overwhelming majority of those games were ones in which we didn't just lose, but played mediocre at best giving the crowd little to cheer at. This is the first year since I started liking the Rangers at the age of 13 that I didn't even go to one game. I came so close to pulling the trigger this year because of how well we were doing, but I kept thinking no, that'll be the one game we lose etc. I literally fear going now, because I feel like one more time with one more loss would just make my head explode. It's hard to explain. Hell, the streak is hard to explain.

The funniest part to me is that I first made light of it when I was about 22, and my streak got to 0-10. It was beyond believable then, and I vividly remember conversations in my old party house, stoned off my ass, saying how there's no way it could go on much longer and that I know we'll win one of the next couple games I go to. Fast forward 14 years later and I'm approaching 0-30. I should probably call Guinness at this point, and see if MSG doesn't keep some record somewhere (or ticketmaster) of all the tickets I've purchased to corroborate lol.

Last edited by IAMREALITY: 05-01-2012 at 12:30 AM.
Old
05-01-2012, 12:30 AM
RunTheJesperFast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoTheBlue View Post
yea if every game has a 50/50 chance of the rangers winning, the odds of going 0-27 is 1 in 134,217,728.

now that's some bad luck.

Closed Thread